#21 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Nationality:Icelandic

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Save the Villagers? Assuming there are some there.

From what I have seen, the villagers in our new map might not last the first night on their own. The village does not look big enough to spawn an iron golem. Do we care and want to save them? Or let them spawn later when we rebuild the village and replace doors - or I could save everyone a lot of trouble and eat them myself - argh.

Seriously - if a rescue mission is desired then I think we need to act in a concerted fashion on the first day we walk into our new world. At least two of us would have to join at the same time and go directly to the village. I am not sure how this new map stuff. Once it is set up do we spawn there the next time we join the server? But if that happens, do we have to then take a portal back to Limbo to get our supplies first? Or do we come in with our current inventory. I need to ask about that.

We'd need to take plenty of iron to build 2-3 golems, and perhaps a lot of fence to build a protective to back up the golems - unless we want to watch the fun and thick golems alone are enough, and lots of torches to light up the area, and beds for ourselves to keep the night away while we are building the defenses.

Let's go check it out, fix the steps and place doors where needed so they can go in to their homes to safety during the night. We could build a fence around it and light it up, shouldn't take to long, and even spawn 1 or 2 golems for them, I've got plenty of iron.

I think we'll always have our home in Limbo until we've moved all our stuff to our new map. We get a portal from the LimboHub to our map as far as I know.

Bringing beds is a great idea.

#22 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

The first thing I did when I entered my map was run to the village and block everyone into their houses. I put doors on all the houses, lit the area, blocked the doors with dirt, and created two iron golems. It definetly helps, I don't think I lost any villagers.

#23 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

The first thing I did when I entered my map was run to the village and block everyone into their houses. I put doors on all the houses, lit the area, blocked the doors with dirt, and created two iron golems. It definetly helps, I don't think I lost any villagers.

Yes, I thought about that, if we can't get the place secured by nightfall just block them in so the zombies can't break down the doors. We could them release them once we have the golems, lights and maybe even a fenced enclosure. Good idea. I know it doesn't take long for a whole village to be eaten.

#24 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Checklist for Village Rescue Mission.

For planning our dash to the village and secure it, we should plan ahead what items we will need, divide them up among us, and have them ready to go. I have suggested quantities, let me know if you think more or less or if I have missed something or something is not needed.

- Personal weapons, armor and food
- Torches 2 x 64
- Doors 4
- Crafting table (having a spare seems like a good idea)
- Materials for 3 Iron Golems
Iron Blocks 12
Pumpkins 3
- Beds 2-3
- Dirt 32-64
- Fence 3 x 64 (Not sure if we need this, do we trust the golems to do the entire job? I suggest we build a tight perimeter fence to keep out the mobs and let most of the golems roam outside the fence, with maybe one inside for backup. ) BTW: I'm not good at estimating fence needed for a project : (

Optional - various building materials for repairing houses - steps - what kind? wood planks, windows, cobblestone

#25 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Checklist for Village Rescue Mission.

For planning our dash to the village and secure it, we should plan ahead what items we will need, divide them up among us, and have them ready to go. I have suggested quantities, let me know if you think more or less or if I have missed something or something is not needed.

- Personal weapons, armor and food
- Torches 2 x 64
- Doors 4
- Crafting table (having a spare seems like a good idea)
- Materials for 3 Iron Golems
Iron Blocks 12
Pumpkins 3
- Beds 2-3
- Dirt 32-64
- Fence 3 x 64 (Not sure if we need this, do we trust the golems to do the entire job? I suggest we build a tight perimeter fence to keep out the mobs and let most of the golems roam outside the fence, with maybe one inside for backup. ) BTW: I'm not good at estimating fence needed for a project : (

Optional - various building materials for repairing houses - steps - what kind? wood planks, windows, cobblestone

Alright, sounds good.

I don't know how much I'll be on this weekend but I'll try and be there when the map opens.

#26 Antanaros

Antanaros
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

villagers = walled in village, then village walled area filled with lava, creepy looking people, cant trust'em!

#27 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

villagers = walled in village, then village walled area filled with lava, creepy looking people, cant trust'em!

I have to add they are not the brightest inhabitants of Minecraft. Maybe that is why we take care of them.

#28 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Alright, sounds good.

I don't know how much I'll be on this weekend but I'll try and be there when the map opens.

If you not around at the time I can always log in and run over there and stack some dirt in front of their doors as Eryng suggested. We can come back later and do it right.

#29 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I took some time to get some of the supplies ready. I've a lot of torches, 2 stacks of fence, wood 9 blocks of Iron and plenty of pumpkins and snow for fun. Also bringing dirt, bed and other goodies. I've got them all ready in a chest so I should be good to go for our rescue mission!

#30 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

I regenerated Trollaria to see what it would look like as a 1200x1200 map.
Trollaria 1200x1200

It continues to look like a really good map.

Some questions for the group:

Is it ok for me to build on/in/around Troll Mountain?

Thinking ahead - where would we like our portal hub? I think this depends where everyone decides to build and if we want it equidistant from each of us. If we are relatively far apart I anticipate us each setting up a portal to the portal hub and from there we can travel to each other, Limbo and other locations.

#31 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

I regenerated Trollaria to see what it would look like as a 1200x1200 map.
Trollaria 1200x1200

It continues to look like a really good map.

Excellent, looks good!

Some questions for the group:

Is it ok for me to build on/in/around Troll Mountain?

Absolutely! Go ahead, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thinking ahead - where would we like our portal hub? I think this depends where everyone decides to build and if we want it equidistant from each of us. If we are relatively far apart I anticipate us each setting up a portal to the portal hub and from there we can travel to each other, Limbo and other locations.

Yes, we'll find a good location. I'm definitely going to have a portal from my home to our portal hub. :)

#32 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Village Rescue Time and Date?

Hopefully we will be getting a message from Ray later tonight or tomorrow that our new map is ready? When do we want to portal over there and do the deed? For this to work our group will need to exercise some restraint for going to Trollaria beforehand because that will presumably start time keeping and allow night and the zombies to descend.

There is a 6 hour time difference between NJ and Norway. Alpha - are you joining the fun?

We could plan to check into this forum Saturday (morning for NJ, afternoon for Norway) and try to set a time then based on whether the map is ready or not. Sound like a plan?
I am pretty free this weekend as far as timing.

#33 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm trying to get an ETA on it, if I'm not here and you are, just go for it! I trust you to save our little villagers :)

Tomorrow is uncertain for me since I have guests here and need to attend to them somewhat. I should be free evening Saturday and through the night, so from around 5pm your time tomorrow.

#34 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm trying to get an ETA on it, if I'm not here and you are, just go for it! I trust you to save our little villagers :)

Tomorrow is uncertain for me since I have guests here and need to attend to them somewhat. I should be free evening Saturday and through the night, so from around 5pm your time tomorrow.

Like I said, if only one of us is available we can just run over and block up doors with dirt as a temporary measure - no big deal. I am happy to do that, and more if I have time. We'll see how the day unfolds. Or if I get really impatient and want to get on to Trollaria and you are not around , I will certainly take care of the village first.

#35 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Like I said, if only one of us is available we can just run over and block up doors with dirt as a temporary measure - no big deal. I am happy to do that, and more if I have time. We'll see how the day unfolds. Or if I get really impatient and want to get on to Trollaria and you are not around , I will certainly take care of the village first.

Sounds good to me! I will try to be here, I'm excited to get started on our new map!

#36 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm beat and going to bed now. I'll be on sometime tomorrow but you carry on as discussed.

Alpha requested a message when it's open so if you could do that, it would be great.

#37 Baeldeth

Baeldeth
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 37 posts
  • LocationMarshall, SK
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Ray didn't expand the map when he made it so I don't think we are able to get to the village. I was wondering if we are going to build a spawn house type thing, and if we do what it should look like. I was also wondering what kind of restrictions there are when making buildings in this world.

#38 Kamelose

Kamelose
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 43 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

I did the Admin Request and moved the gold to our map, next to the portal. I won't be building anything until I find a proper location.

I think we should build some kind of a portal hub at spawn maybe with a little shack for storing weapons and such in case we die and need to get back to our stuff.

Regarding restrictions: Basically you can build where you want apart from the mountain GT has picked out. If your going to build something crazy you should consider checking with us first, as will we, but we're talking something like a HUGE monument or a tower, anything else like your own personal houses, castles or villages are totally up to you.

I think that's in line with what we've discussed in this thread.

#39 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

so has anyone gone in yet, I'm ready to see if we can get to the village

if our map is at least 700x700 based on a 3 member group we might be able to get to it

#40 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Ray didn't expand the map when he made it so I don't think we are able to get to the village. I was wondering if we are going to build a spawn house type thing, and if we do what it should look like. I was also wondering what kind of restrictions there are when making buildings in this world.

We talked a lot already on the thread about building plans and any rules if necessary, check it out. I think the simplest basic rule is just let everyone know about major projects first and I don't think we can go wrong. The only plans I have at first are start building inside and on top of Troll Mountain. I won't build anything super high or ugly. I definitely won't be building any golden arches. It will all be as medieval as I can make it look. I was thinking of hollowing out the mountain and building some Moria-like columns - but that could be a long term project. Don't know if I am a talented enough stone mason for that.

For the portal - yes we'll need some structure there to accommodate the current and future portals, but I don't have any ideas for that yet - if you do post them. For right now the shack next to it to store basic necessities, a crafting table, furnace - and maybe a bed, seems like a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users