• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi, I am not normally one to ask for in-game assistance. When I die I accept it, it's survival after all. Thing is, I am about to die because of lag. I made the mistake of playing on my friend's computer and was hit by a lag spike. Seconds later I start getting attacked by two skeletons - I couldn't control my character or see what was going on at this point due to the lag because I was getting only one frame for every few seconds, all I could hear were the arrow and damage sound effects. My character was as good as paralyzed. The only thing that saved me was disconnecting, even that was laggy and I wasn't sure if I would do it on time.

Seeing as this is not normal game behaviour, I request some assistance please? I'm pretty sure that the next time I log in I'm either going to be dead or seconds away from dying, since I don't think I have enough health to withstand another arrow hit and the skellies are still going to be there. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

#2 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Do you have any idea where you were?
Posted Image

#3 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I was approximately at 175,65,448-.

I'm just copying numbers off the live map, not sure what they mean, but I think those coordinates should point to a lake - I was actually in the lake when I logged off.

#4 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

I was approximately at 175,65,448-.

I'm just copying numbers off the live map, not sure what they mean, but I think those coordinates should point to a lake - I was actually in the lake when I logged off.

Those coordinates seem to put to a river that connects two larger lakes divided by a mountain, to the southeast of the central hub, assuming it is +448 (-448 is in the desert).

If someone were to be there to help you, it would be important to get the lake on the correct side of the mountain, east or west.

I marked your coordinates with a red arrow on the map , is this the right place?

Posted Image

#5 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ah I see, I was supposed to put the - at the beginning of the coordinates like this -175,65,448. Not 175,65,448-.

#6 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ah I see, I was supposed to put the - at the beginning of the coordinates like this -175,65,448. Not 175,65,448-.

OK, I see a little lake at those coordinates. I'd be happy to come over at a prearranged time and try to help you out. But they might be gone anyway, right, time continues with others on the map.
Would you like me go over there and check the place out?

#7 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Went by a little pond at that location, saw what looked like arrows despawning, but no skeles. Only pigs and sheep.
Posted Image

#8 0Beechlgz

0Beechlgz
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks guys, thanks for checking it out torcido. Much appreciated.

I didn't realise that mobs still continued when others are on, I always thought there had to be someone occupying the same chunk. That's why I was scared to log back on.

EDIT: Got back home safe and sound.

#9 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

That's my mountain!
Get off my lawn!