#1 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Since we've had an influx in people applying and not really knowing what we're looking for, I thought that I would post a little something to explain what we, as a community, are looking for out of applicants and give a little starter-app suggestion. Note: I haven't discussed this at all with Ray so he's free to ban me from the server (again, you big meany) or you know, smack me around a bit. Who knows!

What we're looking for from you:
We at SixtyGig are a community of adults. We have some younger folks, but for the most part? We're adults. Unless you're a family member of a current community member, you're going to have a more difficult time getting in if you're under 18. That's not to say you won't get in, but it'll be more difficult. We all tend to do our own thing and some people work together on group projects. We want someone who will abide by the rules (obviously) and who will be a positive contribution to the community. Please keep in mind that you can get a pretty good feel for Ray (Rayvolution, our admin) and our community over all by reading the About page that's linked up at the top. We just want someone who will mesh well with our personalities and be able to foster friendships or, at the very least, enjoy each other's company.

Our personalities:
This is a completely biased perspective, so take it with a grain of salt but I think our general personalities are fun, more-or-less relaxed, and attentive. Well, sort of attentive. Some of us have attention span problems... Oh look, a squirrel. Er, what was I saying? Oh yes, personalities.. We have a lot of different personalities. We have some goof balls who like to play around. We have silly perverts who make immature sex jokes. We have people who at the age of 26 still laugh at fart jokes. We have people who are politically involved and not politically involved. We have people who are serious and not serious. We have people who are liberal and conservative, old and young, outgoing and introverted. So basically, we have a lot of personality types and if you can't find someone to get along with... well, that's very odd, isn't it?

Application Form:
Please keep in mind that this is not an 'official' application form, since Ray is the only person with authority over applications. This is just a suggested application form since I have seen so many people applying but not really knowing what they should talk about.

In Game Name: (Your forum name is supposed to match your in game name.)
Real Name/Preferred Name: If you aren't comfortable with giving that out, that's fine. A lot of us just go by first names. I go by Stacy because I honestly forget that srm86 is my username and half the time won't notice it when staring absentmindedly at chat. Some of us go by a variation of our screen name. It all boils down to what you prefer. Note: You do not have to give out your full name. Your first name is fine. Internet privacy and all that.
Previous Minecraft experience: Are you a new player? An experienced player? Are you a redstone master? Do you love your dirt huts? It's worth noting that you don't have to be the best builder to get on this server. We focus more on the community and much less on the building aspect. Frankly, I'm a terrible builder and I'm still here so I have faith in you.
Your background: Tell us about you! We're a community of people who generally want to get to know each other. Tell us who you are, what you're passionate about, what excites you, what terrifies you. Tell us about your family, your hobbies, your schooling, your work experience. Tell us a funny story that relates to who you are as a person. Something, anything so that we can get to know you!

I think that should be about it. Good luck, applicants, and remember - take my post with a grain of salt. Just let us get to know you a little bit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users