#1 skydealer

skydealer
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 256 posts
  • LocationUSA - Winston, GA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm not sure if this is because of my laggy internet speeds and frequent disconnects but I seem to be unable to breed cats in the game.

I have 2 and use the fish to get a kitten, but if I leave the building and return the little bugger is gone.  I've also tried moving a kitten to another location but they also disappear if I get disconnected or leave the building.  I always leave them sitting so they should stay put.

I still have my original two cats but I've tried the kitten thing about 8 or 10 times and each time they disappear.  Dogs and pigs work okay and the villagers are breeding like rats.

Anyone else have any luck or issues with cats?   I'm building a grinder with a mob sorter and so I need some felines for the example I saw online that I'm using as a base.

#2 skydealer

skydealer
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 256 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I tried a couple of other things including watching the kitten until it matured into a full size cat.   As soon as I left the immediate area the additional cats disappeared from where they were placed. 

#3 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

I bred a kitten, tried logging out, then moved it to another area, left the world map and logged out again. The kitten never despawned so i left the area and when i returned the kitten was gone...

Then i went and tamed a new cat and did the same experiment and it did not despawn.

Apparently there must be a bug of some sort, about all i can suggest is to tame the additional cats you need, yes a pain but may be your only option. Your free to wander around my barn gathering the strays since it is a fairly safe place to do so night and day, then the 5 mile walk home may be brutal.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#4 skydealer

skydealer
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 256 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Too bad I can't import from real life.  I have two cats and then I inherited two more when my dad fell ill.  Four cats in a small house is too many!

Thanks for checking Nek...

I also tried waiting around until the kitten became a full sized cat and then bred it with one of the original two.  Another kitten arrived but when I left the area and came back both were gone. 

#5 skydealer

skydealer
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 256 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I looked on the web and it appears it's not just here.  Some people were saying it was supposed to be fixed with the last Bukkit release but then I saw where players still had the same issue:

http://www.minecraft...s-disappearing/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users