#1 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi, I'm Mike, but you can call me Z, Blu, ZB, or whatever version of my IGN you'd prefer, (or Mike).  I originally hail from Southern California, but have spent several years in the U.S. Navy I've moved around a bit.  I've spent time in Florida, Illinois, Maine, Japan (2 years), and Virginia where I now reside.  I also had a great opportunity to travel a bit.  Although I saw mostly ocean (and more ocean, and more ocean,) I did get to stop in a lot of great countries along the way, including Italy, Spain, England, Scotland, France, Israel, Turkey, Belgium, and a bunch more.

As far a hobbies (besides playing Minecraft) I'm really into computers.  I do a lot of web and database development for work in addition to some for fun.  I'm also into electronics and photography, although I have done much photo shooting lately.  (Note to self: dust off the camera and go shoot!)  Here's a shameless plug to a lot of my photos if anyone is interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjzitek/

If anyone has any others questions just ask!

You can't get there from here.

#2 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Glad to see you make it Z, welcome aboard. Hope to see you on the server soon. :)

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Wow those pictures are stunning! I agree go shoot some more :D NOW! And glad to have you with us ^^

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 Sun_Exit

Sun_Exit
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 276 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Sounds like you are a multi-multitasker! :)

There are soooo many great pictures, really professional stuff! (I didn't like the spider ones though, but that's more an issue for the object rather than the photograph it self >.<)

Glad you made it on board!  :)

Posted Image

#5 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Ros & Sun!

#6 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Welcome fellow Limbo-ite. I have enjoyed your company so far and look forward to seeing you around even more.

Those pictures are indeed amazing! It's funny how images can look sooo much better than real life. That cat is adorable and way more HD than my own. :( *Looks at boring low-resolution real life kitty* Sigh. ;) 

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#7 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Irysh.  The cat is adorable when she is not waking me up early on weekends or otherwise being, well, an annoying cat.

#8 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Great pics and a nice cat too  8)  What's your particular electronics interest Mike? I'm into RF as I'm a licenced "Ham" as you Americans put it.  ;)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#9 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I never got my amateur radio license, but it's on my "one day" list.  I like listening in on ham, shortwave, police scanners.  I've got a USB SDR (Software Defined Radio) that plugs into the computer so I can tune in on a huge range of freqs.  Of course I don't have a good antenna at the moment so I'm limited on what I can pick up.  I also like messing around with microcontrollers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and the like).  I made this LED cube a couple years ago ().  There are a lot fancier ones, but I was happy to get mine working.  I have aspirations on building a sentient robot before I die, but at the pace I'm going I'll be happy with one that is able to wave it's arms around.  

#10 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

Cool, I listen to a lot too, find little time for transmitting which is more active of course - often when working I have the marine channels on scan being very close to the sea. Just throw a long wire out of the window for HF (shortwave) and pull it in when finished, works a treat against a reasonable ground.

I got a Pi when it first happened, great thing- set up a media player on it but tbh it doesnt get much use.

Love the robot story...  I have a dozen projects in the "was a good idea at the time" catagory  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#11 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

Growing up in Southern California my Dad had a scanner and there was  always a lot of police, fire, etc radio traffic.   It was especially interesting to listen to during earthquakes.  I could easily fill up all the memory channels with freq.   The computers interests also pretty much started with my Dad.  We had come form of computers since I was a kid...a Texas Instruments, Apple IIe.  Working with computers and electronics in the Navy just added to my interests.

Pi's are fun.  They are basically just really small computers, but they are fun to mess with.  I've got one that I can use to stream Pandora and another with LED's attached that alerts me when I get certain e-mails (tied to GMail).

#12 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Great pics and a nice cat too  8)  What's your particular electronics interest Mike? I'm into RF as I'm a licenced "Ham" as you Americans put it.   ;)

So is my Dad :) (a 'Ham', not a nice cat)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users