Photo

The big "move-horse-to-main-world"-adventure!

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#21 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Nationality:RSA & UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Well done guys! Nice to see the stables occupied :)

Also beware of horses and flowing water... They seem to drown pretty easy.

#22 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

That was without doubt..

Legendary!

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#23 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Interesting. From the wiki:

4LMoFsk.png

#24 Sun_Exit

Sun_Exit
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 276 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Part 2

We have some really hard working people on this server for sure!

Determent to get the rest of the different colors that horses have, Merv, Root, Ross and Tim set off to find them. They gathered a bunch of horses and even a few donkeys at a faraway pen in the wilds; coords: 2250, -530. (The pen is still there with some animals left).

3VnmD.jpg

In a cry for help with supplies Maxx, Root, Moon and Sun set out there to help, and the whole, difficult journey back to the wilds end portal started! It was a crazy journey with many mobs, runaway horses, close to death experiences and off tracks - but we made it!

3VnrC.jpg

Shelter stop for the night

3VnuX.jpg

There were lots of shelter stops for the night - still no one stayed inside at night, lol - everyone stayed outside to fight mobs! >.<

3VnzZ.jpg

And djeez this world... I swear - it is 95 % water!!

3VnFU.jpg

We managed to push through with all animals alive - not a single loss! Woot!

They are all now in the public breeding pen for anyone to breed their own foal from!

Big thanks to Merv, Root, Ross, Tim, Maxx and Moon for awesome work and good mob fighting skills!

We so did it!@!
Despite all the troubles, all the work and danger - it was really great fun!!  :D

3VnIY.jpg

Posted Image

#25 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Just wow... 

I really feel like I'm missing out on cool things like this. What time do most of you play (give me timezone too)? Maybe I can organise some nocturnal play time to join in now and then...

I love to be touched by his noodly appendages Posted Image

#26 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

I can't wait to get on after work and check out all the new horses!

Thanks for working so hard on all this!! :D :D :D 

(Not to copy Jstew, I just feel really animated about this whole thing.)

Spoiler

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#27 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

To anyone who missed today's adventure - there are TONS of horses out there left to get if you want.

Coords (wilds) are x= 2261, y, z = 64.

I'd suggest the evening players put together a group of those interested - it makes having the horse more meaningful knowing what it takes to get it back. 

It's a LONG walk - bring ender eyes to help out. The first part can be done by boat, that gets you about 1/4 of the way.

You'll want to head to the End Portal which is at x= -600, y, z= 600 (note the first 600 is negative). It's about 3000 meters away according to REI map mod and takes about 3 day cycles. We lit what we could along the way, there's pillar markers where we made shelters. A map mod that lets you put a marker in the sky is a huge help with this when the live map is down.

On the way to the End Portal you will find a walkway at -4, y, 596. One side goes to the Wilds Hub, the other to the End Portal. Take the North side (the left from the direction you're travelling). It gets you out of the water for awhile and tunnels straight to the End Portal. You will need assistance - the horses go through the portal but you will not so someone needs to be on the other side to leash them so they dont wander off. They can then walk them to the regular End return portal and into Main. The Wilds-side people can run back on the road you used in the ocean.

Tips: Boats act really wonky - bring one or two but dont be surprised if you have to swim for awhile. And dont try to chat while moving the horses through the ocean if not on a boat, you take the chance that they'll drown! Boats act really wonky too - bring one or two but dont be surprised if you have to swim for awhile.

Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#28 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

I can't wait to get on after work and check out all the new horses!

Thanks for working so hard on all this!! :D :D :D 

(Not to copy Jstew, I just feel really animated about this whole thing.)

Spoiler

NO

YOU

DIDNT

You should put the 60g logo on it

Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#29 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Interesting. From the wiki:

4LMoFsk.png

So we would need 35 or 37 stables to house them all and have a nice server stud farm?

I'd be happy to donate the area that my builder's yard takes up so that we can expand the stables... or should we build a bigger more dedicated facility out in Northfields?

Comments from members and vets please.

#30 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'd hate to lose your builder's yard - it has such good deals on materials!  :)

Served me very well in my early days on the server.

#31 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ah I should go check the stock levels then :). I'd happily move it to trade district or Northfields if the stables were needed. I kind of built it before the trade district came about... and at the time it was also way out of "town" so it is a bit out of place perhaps.

#32 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I love it too. I always comment on how great it is to see those logs on their sides, etc. It's very well done and fits well near the snowy mountainside. Whether you choose to move it or not, please don't destroy it completely. It's bootiful. 

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#33 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ah I didn't know it had fans :) Perhaps an industrial type site out near Northfields will be better suited then :)

Oh and I see 1 of each colour has already been collected.. So perhaps someone already has plans for a mega stables type build...

#34 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Cooogz, the trade district would be a good spot, logically, but as Iry says, the current placement by the forest is better aesthetically. Your call though.

[And yes, you need to restock - we've raided everything over the past months - you now have a lot of coal! :) ]

#35 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I just hope with all the excitement that was going on that someone recorded it all. That would be worth watching on Youtube!

#36 Eryng

Eryng
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Applications Manager

• 629 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm so proud of you all for going on this epic adventure to bring back horses. I especially love the picture of you guys riding in boats and the horses swimming behind you.

#37 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm so proud of you all for going on this epic adventure to bring back horses. I especially love the picture of you guys riding in boats and the horses swimming behind you.

I'm trying to be proud, but I'm still stuck at insanely-jealous!  ;)

#38 Sun_Exit

Sun_Exit
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 276 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hey, thank you all for all the kind words -for acknowledging the effort and time these guys have put into transporting the horses to the main world! The overall dedication in this community and the will to contribute to public benefits is just mind-blowing and so truly awesome!!

For those that think they were missing out - it isn't over yet!

Thank you for taking care of the next BIG part of the adventure; - to establish a healthy and safe horse population on the main server that the whole 60G community can benefit from! Can't wait to see the result of this knowing that you have so many good ideas and visions! (Would love some good pictures from the different progress steps!)

And what Merv said, the transporting part from wilds to main can always be done again, whether you set off to find your own horses in the wilds or if you use the horses that are left in the wilds pen  x= 2261, z = 64! It is a ton of work, but yea, it feels good to have done it and it sure gives a whole new perspective on the horse that you own. If you want the challenge, make a team and go for it -do it! *Cheering* (Tip to make it even more hardcore - do this without using the live map!@!)

NOTE tho - if you are sending animals through the portals, be sure to have a person on the other side receiving it or it might not work! The receiving area needs to be "activated".

@Kanight "I just hope with all the excitement that was going on that someone recorded it all. That would be worth watching on Youtube!" - I so wish we had done this too! Argh!

Posted Image

#39 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts
  • Nationality:Cornish

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Get me along for the next one .. I'll clear up some HD space, might have a couple of hours worth on my portable drive ... would be even cooler if we could get voice comms too of us all.

#40 rasamalai

rasamalai
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ray experimented early on in the proceedings and had a rail track going through portals, sent a villager through, then Sun got stuck in a cart and the server crashed... all very mad to watch!

That moment right there - I stopped breathing, in fear of the wrath of Ray! I swear, the time literally stood still! (Familiar feeling from when the Wither got loose at central hub)  Stupid carts!@ Beware!

Thank you so much for this thread Sun (&Moon)!!!! :3

It was lots of fun! :) <3

P.S. I wish I had seen the loose wither boss on main! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users