#1 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi,

I am new. I have been logging on sporactically due to the fact I have two little kids :) Minecraft is my get away from work and kids.

A little about me.

36 years old from California.

Active Duty Navy, Chief Hospital Corpsman. I spent more time in Iraq and Afghanistan then in the house I have owned for 5 years. Got an awesome gamer wife and two great kids.

Minecraft I am still learning and I like to build things that look neat they don't always work out that way. I look forward to playing with you all. I have said hello to a few of you. If you see me on and have a question or just want to BS let me know :)

Matt

#2 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Nice to e-meet you! I have seen you around but it's great to know more. Hell yeah California and awesome gamer wife! Where are you stationed now?

My Airmen hubby is in Monterey, CA learning to be a linguist. I'm am in San Francisco but will finally be moving there soon! I was in the Navy myself and am proud to be associated with such great people. Many of the folks here on 60G are former (and current) military. Go team!

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#3 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Nice, I am stationed in San Diego. I am going to retire out of here unless I get commissioned. Then ill spend 30 years and retire where ever I am. I am in the Navy but I have spent more time with the Marines and NSW in the dirt than on ships. I love it none the less.

Monterey is one of my favorite towns. Took my wife to a bed and breakfast when we first got together for her birthday. Plus the aquarium there is amazing.

#4 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

I agree that aquarium is amazing!

I think I made up for you with all my time on ships and out to sea.  :-)  I was never stationed in California even though I'm from Southern California.  I spent most of my time on the east coast  (not counting all the time floating around the oceans).

You can't get there from here.

#5 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Blu said there were more Californians on the server before we joined 2 months ago, but I was only thinking of the ones on Ros's awesome map. I think there is at least one more: "Crowtron" who I did not forget about.... he's just so amazing it's hard to think about him. It's like looking directly at the sun!

Posted Image

#6 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Right on Zblu :) I spent some time on the east coast at Lejeune. I like the west coast better but the east coast has some cool things to do.

#7 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

I wouldn't have minded being stationed on the west coast, but you know how the orders "lottery" goes sometimes.  I did get to spend a couple years in Yokosuka though.

You can't get there from here.

#8 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hey Matt

I have already seen you ingame and chatted a bit but wanted to say hi here anyway :) welcome to the server and hope you're settling in ok. We're a bit crazy but really nice.

#9 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hey MacFlea, I am enjoying playing with you guys a lot. Love the community! One of these days I post up some photos of my RL projects and my family. They are pretty awesome. :)

#10 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Please do! We love seeing pictures of everyone!

Speaking of pictures, I am loving your profile pic :) bowties are cool.

#11 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

ask and you shall receive. Put them in the "pictures of you" thread.

Oh yes, bowties are amazing. I am considering really wearing one, but I am also considering wearing a fannypack to start keeping things in because the older I get the more things people expect me to have with me all the time (drivers license, car keys, etc etc)

#12 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

That is one of my favourite 11th Doctor moments!

#14 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Awesome! I love Dr. Who watched since I was a little kid and this newest addition was great. I liked all the doctors but I think 11th is my favorite and I liked 10 a lot too. Interested to see what the new guy is like.

#15 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I am a fan of the 10th Doctor myself, but Matt Smith was also great, although I wasn't so keen on the last series that wasn't because of him, it was the writing and the companion. I am looking forward to the 50th Anniversary episode with them both in. I have high hopes for the new guy, I think he'll bring an older, more sophisticated Doctor back. Hopefully with a bit more kick ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users