Photo

THE BIG VOTE 2013: SixtyGig 6.0

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

Poll: THE BIG VOTE 2013: YOU DECIDE! (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your gameplan moving into MC 1.7

1. Plan 1 (New Map, Clean slate) (34 votes [53.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.97%

2. Plan 2 (New Map, Item transfers, 1 month Overlap) (20 votes [31.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

3. Plan 3 (No changes) (4 votes [6.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

4. I'll go with the majority, I don't care. (5 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

5. I hate all these plans! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Crow did it!

1. Yes! (16 votes [25.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.40%

2. No! (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

3. No, it was all Bam's fault (2 votes [3.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

4. No, I blame Rosleen (10 votes [15.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

5. Why is this poll here? (22 votes [34.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.92%

6. Ban the Limboians! They probably did it. (11 votes [17.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Due to Nekcalb lengthy hypothetical discussion, I've gathered all the data I could together and decided we probably need a more official statement on the subject, with various possible plans in mind.

The highest voted plan wins!

Plan 1: Clean Slate

(AKA: Nekcalb's Plan)

- ALL items removed, the entire game reset from scratch, clean slate for everyone.

- New Portal/Rail system on the new map will be veteran/seasoned maintained, to standardize the system and make it easier for everyone.

- "SixtyGig" Museum will be setup, all previous SG maps from SG1, 2, 3, 5 and some select maps from SG4 and some other stuff will be put in no-editing creative mode for people to fly around in and check out.

- Stats tracker will be installed, that will track everything from how many blocks we break, to online time, to every time Sun and Moon go all Romeo and Juliette and kill themselves.

- Better BlockLogger (Tracks who placed/broke blocks so griefer detection)

- Server will be shut down, sooner than later, and we will convert to creative mode on a new map and make something huge/grand for fun as a huge team of crazies.

- Better organized and managed SixtyCity, with vet/seasoned made road systems.

Plan 2: Dual maps for a short period, item transfers.

(AKA: Hybrid plan of various SG'ers ideas)

- Both maps will be open for a short time (a month? Possibly 2 depending on needs)

- A copy of the map will be made the day we launch our SG6 (1.7) map, once this happens players will be able to completely tear down their old builds, transfer items, do whatever they want from then on out. Once the time is up, the "torn to shreds" version of the map will be taken down.

- After the Teardown period is over, the pre-teardown version of the map made a month prior will be put up for public download.

- New Portal/Rail system on the new map will be veteran/seasoned maintained, to standardize the system and make it easier for everyone.

- (AFTER SG5's MAP IS SHUT DOWN!) "SixtyGig" Museum will be setup, all previous SG maps from SG1, 2, 3, 5 and some select maps from SG4 and some other stuff will be put in no-editing creative mode for people to fly around in and check out. (This copy of SG5 will be from BEFORE we tore everything down.)

- Stats tracker will NOT be installed.

- Better BlockLogger (Tracks who placed/broke blocks so griefer detection)

- Creative mode team project WILL NOT happen.

- Better organized and managed SixtyCity, with vet/seasoned made road systems.

Plan 3: No Reset!

- Keep the current map, expanding a part to be 1.7, and live with the terrible looking edges

- Wilderness will be 1.7 specs from now on.

- Limbo will eventually end up being 1.7 as well, since it's reset with the Wilderness.

sig.png

#2 forebrow

forebrow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 517 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Can I vote that we all be friends?

A wise man once said -
"F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere and any time at all. Hey, that spells FUN."

Do not ignore the message. Video game friends.

#3 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Can I vote that we all be friends?

A wise man once said -
"F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere and any time at all. Hey, that spells FUN."

Do not ignore the message. Video game friends.

Something tells me this is appropriate for that quote. 

USBILDB.jpg

BTWs Lawls hard for that second poll. As a Limbonian though, I don't feel like I should have a say in this matter though.

And Ray ever time I see you say 'Ban Them' this pops into my head.

Spoiler

#4 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

How will ender chests work when transitioned from 1.6 to 1.7? If I fill it with diamonds and cooked fish in 1.6 will it be there in 1.7? If that works, might take the sting out of losing mats in Plan 1.

#5 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

How will ender chests work when transitioned from 1.6 to 1.7? If I fill it with diamonds and cooked fish in 1.6 will it be there in 1.7? If that works, might take the sting out of losing mats in Plan 1.

In plan 1 I'm deleting all the character files, no nothing from anywhere gets moved over. It's like a brand spanking new server.

sig.png

#6 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thank you, Ray. Quick response.

Plan 1 is like life. You come into this world with nothing. And you leave with nothing.

#7 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

I assume there is still room here to debate/ voice opinions.

Plan 1 will give us a chance to watch great builders cement their epic awesomeness. Just contrast their rise from the ashes with myself continuing to stand around picking my nose. That's the power of a level playing field.

It's a sandbox game. As kids, if we went to the sandbox, did we bring our own sand?

#8 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

As a compromise plan between the Clean start/Hotel storage ideas, what if everyone carried a full, coordinated load to the new map? That way some could build, while others explore, mine, etc. No extra work is required for the admin in this case, but we would have packed enough mats to set us up. We could treat it like we're transporting to another world in RL and would want a well thought-out set of supplies. Instead of everyone filling their pockets with what they want, we'd coordinate it first. I'm writing this thru the fog, so I'm not sure if it makes any sense. Just free-thinking.

#9 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Do you mean everyone gets a copy of a chest with survival tools/weapons/food/mats, so that we can focus on other things at first?

#10 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Nek and I voted exactly the same in both polls!  I IZ SCURD NOWZ!!

#11 forebrow

forebrow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 517 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think I'd be happiest with a mix of Plan 1 and Plan 2.

If Plan 2 was voted through, I personally wouldn't be bringing any mats with me anyway as I feel it defeats a bit of the purpose of a new map for me when I'm mostly into the survival aspect of the game, if any. But I do understand that there are serious builders here that I wouldn't want to see leave over the clean slate idea in Plan 1. So I'd like to see the option with Plan 1 for people to be able to bring as many mats as they can carry before we move to the creative world, whether that means tearing their builds down to collect the mats before we go is up to them. I suspect most won't want to tear their builds down (and probably wouldn't have time to do so before the creative move) purely for mats and would like to see it still standing in the history section of the new map, if so they would just take whatever resources they didn't have in the build and their valuables and leave with that.

So what I'm really saying is that I would have voted for Plan 2, but I'm selfish and really want to get into this creative world. And to be selfish again, with Plan 2 I'd might as well take that possible 2 months before going to the new world as a break from the game as I don't have any builds to finish or mats to collect if I'm planning on a clean slate going into the new map.*

Forget what I said here, missed the word overlap.

#12 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

I assume there is still room here to debate/ voice opinions.

Plan 1 will give us a chance to watch great builders cement their epic awesomeness. Just contrast their rise from the ashes with myself continuing to stand around picking my nose. That's the power of a level playing field.

It's a sandbox game. As kids, if we went to the sandbox, did we bring our own sand?

I didn't have a sandbox.:(

and Tim, remind me to not shake your hand if we meet. I'll just give you a friendly pat on the back. LOL!

#13 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

I understand both sides in this and I can sympathize with those that put a lot of time in their projects. As for me I could start completely over at the drop of a hat, no mats, no nothing. That is the heart and soul of Vanilla Survival. Being an outdoorsman, I have the knowledge and ability to go out into the wilderness with next to nothing and survive. I guess that's what really appeals to me about this game. I hold no attachments to my builds. Would I miss them? Probably, but I would move on to something else. My absolute favorite build that I had was my castle on the very first server I was on. I blew it up when we all found out the server was closing down. I had fun building it, put in a lot of hours on it, and had a "blast" destroying it. I couldn't take it with me except for screenshots, so why worry about it. It's a game, and you learn from every build, just like Ray had said. With that in mind I also hold to the community idea and this is a decision that should be thought out carefully and decided by all involved.  Either plan is fine by me. If we do decide on doing anything I'll go into the new map just like I came in to this one "naked", so to speak.

#14 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

I've been thinking about this and I originally voted for Plan B, but actually I think Plan A would be nice for everyone starting on the same page and the perks that will be added will be fun. Love me some stats. I'll think on it a bit more.

For what it's worth I like the idea of the vets and seasoneds making the roads, organising SixtyCity and sorting the rail system.

I also love the museum idea. I really love the museum idea.

#15 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I was just comparing plans 1 and 2 and trying to figure out why plan 2 is apparently less attractive at the moment.  I tried to condense the differences down to key factual points without commentary.  the difference with plan 3 is pretty obvious.

Going with plan 2 instead of plan 1:

you lose the group creative interlude 

you lose stats tracker

you don't get to tell others that they can't move materials

you can still choose not move your own materials

am I missing anything?

#16 forebrow

forebrow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 517 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well I don't think anyone can force you to bring them.

#17 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was just comparing plans 1 and 2 and trying to figure out why plan 2 is apparently less attractive at the moment.  I tried to condense the differences down to key factual points without commentary.  the difference with plan 3 is pretty obvious.

Going with plan 2 instead of plan 1:

you lose the group creative interlude 

you lose stats tracker

you don't get to tell others that they can't move materials

am I missing anything?

Sounds about right to me :/

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#18 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm just going to throw in my opinion here. Keep in mind that my perspective is one who has been through a couple of map resets with SixtyGig and I've been here for just over 2 years.

I voted that we should start with a clean slate. Wipe everything. Done. I was incredibly against moving to the freebuild but we've had an amazing experience out of it! I think that it sucks that we have to wipe it again, but it will, in my opinion, be for the benefit of the entire community. I look forward to whatever changes we make but I do think that Plan 1 will have the best benefit to our entire community as a whole.

I absolutely understand people's frustration. You invest so much time and energy into these builds. Hell, you should have seen Panem (pre-freebuild)! It was AMAZING! I was so proud of our little community-within-a-community that we'd built up, but we had to let it go. And, like that, if we have to let SixtyGigVersionWe'reOnNow (SG5?) go and start fresh, we'll be alright. It'll suck for a little while and you probably won't want to play much because your heart will be broken but you'll take a break and have your community here waiting for you with open arms when you get back.

#19 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well I don't think anyone can force you to bring them.

that would be plan 4 I guess  

#20 forebrow

forebrow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 517 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

waiting for you with open arms 

And Journey will be there 

0 user(s) are reading this topic