LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Here's a few shots of the nearly finished Moose Jaw Theatre.  I'll probably surround the whole thing with a wall, possibly the same style as the one pictured, but the meat of the build is complete.

med_gallery_1146_42_232231.png

The theatre entrance which is technically, the back of the stage.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

med_gallery_1146_42_12544.png

med_gallery_1146_42_678549.png

Lastly, a few images of the theatre lit up. :)

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#2 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I love it!

I love the name
I love the style
I love the stage backdrop

10/10

I love to be touched by his noodly appendages Posted Image

#3 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Are you from Moose Jaw?? I have a friend from Moose Jaw!

#4 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ps. Really like it! :)

#5 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Nice! I had seen it before and I was wondering who built it! Really nice style, as kop said. The one thing that's kind of iffy, is that in front of the main stage area the floor is kinda cracked looking. Remember, this is supposed to be the highest class! (If my memory is correct)

There used to be something here..

#6 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I love it!

I love the name
I love the style
I love the stage backdrop

10/10

Thanks Kop!  I might keep the backdrop since you give it a 10/10 :D

Are you from Moose Jaw?? I have a friend from Moose Jaw!

I'm not from Moose Jaw, but I wanted a funky but still Canadian name, and this was the first thing that came to mind. :)

Nice! I had seen it before and I was wondering who built it! Really nice style, as kop said. The one thing that's kind of iffy, is that in front of the main stage area the floor is kinda cracked looking. Remember, this is supposed to be the highest class! (If my memory is correct)

It might be the highest class, but the builds are still Medieval.  None of the structures would be perfect and there would be a lot of patchwork in stone and wood, even in the castle.  Using more that one block in the floor not only gives it texture, but makes it look worked-in.  Making it all smooth stone will leave it not only flat and boring, but make it look like it's never been used.

The medieval upper class is generally going to be distinguished from the lower classes by bigger structures, not necessarily beautiful ones.  The Middle Ages had a lot of plague, famine, and war, there was really nothing clean and pretty about it. :)

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#7 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

It might be the highest class, but the builds are still Medieval.  None of the structures would be perfect and there would be a lot of patchwork in stone and wood, even in the castle.  Using more that one block in the floor not only gives it texture, but makes it look worked-in.  Making it all smooth stone will leave it not only flat and boring, but make it look like it's never been used.

The medieval upper class is generally going to be distinguished from the lower classes by bigger structures, not necessarily beautiful ones.  The Middle Ages had a lot of plague, famine, and war, there was really nothing clean and pretty about it. :)

Yeah, I guess your right. It's probably just my OCD genes acting up! xD

There used to be something here..

#8 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

What texture pack is that? its so awesome!!!

sig.png

#9 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

I love it! Particularly the worn in look, if you look at real world structures of some antiquity that have been occupied for at least a few centuries, that's what happens.

10/10 overall

and...

5 stars on Captain's Anti-Symmetry scale. A good start but a way to go yet   ;)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#10 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

What texture pack is that? its so awesome!!!

I KNO RITE!  By golly it's pretty!

I love it! Particularly the worn in look, if you look at real world structures of some antiquity that have been occupied for at least a few centuries, that's what happens.

10/10 overall

and...

5 stars on Captain's Anti-Symmetry scale. A good start but a way to go yet   ;)

I like symmetry in some places, but I'm a big fan of random lines and random blocks.  It gives a bit of realism to a game where unrealistic squares and straight lines are so dominant. A lot of this build is actually painfully symmetrical, but the placement and variety of blocks gives the impression that it isn't. Tricked you! :P

I've finished the inner and outer walls, completing the structure, I'll post pictures of the finished product very shortly.

#11 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Here's the finished project!

med_gallery_1146_42_345272.png

This the left wall before I add the second layer to it.  Since I built this out of stone and not planks, I added the spruce logs for texture and depth.  I originally left it completely stone when I did the inner walls, but it looked too flat, even with the second layer.

med_gallery_1146_42_375381.png

Here's the same wall, completed.  There's a lot of cobble here, but I like it.  It blends much better in Vanilla but still looks good in Ray's pack. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users