Also thought I should point out, even though I'm letting the public find a seed, after careful thought I kind of want to still keep the seed private. Reason being, I want the seed to be kept secret, because using programs (like Amidst) it's super easy to cheat, and I'd rather no one have access to the seed.
I think from here on out, you should hide the seed ID when you post, and if we agree on your map, then give me and only me the seed. Then at least it limits the knowledge of the actual seed down to 2 people, and those 2 people (myself and the finder of the seed) will just agree never to use it in single player, or with any program like amidst to cheat.
The next vote is up (note, that the old votes are still open).
We need a seed! Everyone is invited to find one they like. I use Cartograph G to render the maps, but you can use whatever you want. We just need a visual of the entire map OUT TO 10k by 10k. I will try to find a way to make this process easier.
Our map requirements are:
- Must be "Normal" generation
- Must have a good mix of all the biomes
- 0,0 Must not be a snow-based, sand-based, jungle, mountain, water or any other extreme terrain biome. Plains biome is ideal.
- SixtyCity will be a 600x600 circle, so try to guestimate if that will fit at 0,0
- All portal locations (see rail map) must be clear and on land.
- Needs at least 1 big body of water for our water builders.
Here is a fully setup copy of MLG, simply just unzip it and run Run_MLG_Windows.cmd and set it to run a 10000 x 10000 map.
These guys take a while to generate, so the more people seed searching, the better.
If you find a good one, post a pic of the entire map.
Cartograph G: (Wont render all the blocks, since it's outdated, but it gets the job done well enough)
If MLG does not launch:
- BACKUP minecraft_server.jar in the MLG folder
- Try running MLG_Initial_Setup_Windows.cmd
- Put the server jar back in it's place