50 replies to this topic

#21 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I really want to live in the savanna area. However I am more interested in getting back to building and working with the community.

#22 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Dragon, I think the rules state no automatic farms within the city limits. There is a brand new rules post up on the forum. You are correct in the idea of division of labor at first, though.

#23 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Dragon, I think the rules state no automatic farms within the city limits. There is a brand new rules post up on the forum. You are correct in the idea of division of labor at first, though.

Yeah, just noticed that. I actually posted that before the rules were posted (I think). Oh well! 

There used to be something here..

#24 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts
  • Nationality:Cornish

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

I was gonna call dibs on the large body of water at the northwest for my citadel, but then I noticed the large pink/purple splodge .. what is that?

Also, the voiceover for the vid reminded me of a mission brief from Homeworld all those years ago

#25 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

Nice!

#26 macastro17

macastro17
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

hey there, I've no idea how to set up rail-stations but I'd be more than happy to help contribute to building the rail station platforms in any of the ocean biomes. Also I suck at nether gathering, as evidenced by many failed previous attempts but I'd be more than willing to set up a wood cutting/stonemining/ranch/farming camp in the wilds as soon as those go up and contribute mats from those endeavors.

#27 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

I was gonna call dibs on the large body of water at the northwest for my citadel, but then I noticed the large pink/purple splodge .. what is that?

Also, the voiceover for the vid reminded me of a mission brief from Homeworld all those years ago

I would guess the shroom biome, but I'm not entirely sure.

There used to be something here..

#28 BobTWC

BobTWC
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 149 posts
  • LocationKettering, Ohio

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Yup, that's a shroom biome.  Snugglequine, I was looking at that body of water too.  Is your citadel plan underwater, sea level, or sky?  I was thinking of having my underwater home in that ocean.  These maps are deceiving as to how much space there really is, so hopefully there will be room for both of us and maybe others. YAY COMMUNITY!!!

Edit: I won't be making any final decisions on base location until I have a solid SixtyCity home and plenty of  supplies. And then there is community projects... SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!!! WOOT!!!

Tea or Coffee?

Toffee!!

#29 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yup

sig.png

#30 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well before anyone gets too ambitious on staking out claims, please keep in mind that any land / sea / air along any coordinate that have either 0, -0, 2000, -2000, 4000, -4000 will have a rail line cutting threw the area. and the stations will be where those coordinates cross, it is pretty easy to keep those numbers in mind.

As stated above the plan will have more details probably this weekend, just hard to find the time to invest in getting things done.

As far as the video goes, trust me it's pure crap. My 4 year old 99 cent mic makes me sound squeaky, and my Nero bugged out on me so Windows movie maker was my only option, and even then it didn't compress the files right, but thanks anyway for the likes.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#31 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

Yup, that's a shroom biome.  Snugglequine, I was looking at that body of water too.  Is your citadel plan underwater, sea level, or sky?  I was thinking of having my underwater home in that ocean. 

It's at sea level, it'll sit on top of the water. I'll be a replica/retry of a project I done on another server, and as far as I can tell with the scaling of the map that ocean will be more then big enough for the both of us.

My Citadel will be [401 x 401] (well that's the initial plan anyway). If you look here then you'll be able to see that that entire body of water is approximately [1.5k x 1.5k].

http://img687.images...map02280412.jpg

http://imageshack.us...71422160589.jpg

A couple of images to get an idea of what it'll look like.

The first is a livemap image of the frame, which will be the final size (plus a little extra for towers).

As the station was going to be attached to the shroom island I was planning on buidling this either to the east (and have a west-facing gatehouse), or to the north (and have a south-facing gatehouse). Either option is acceptable for me, so I'll let you decide where you want to go first Bob and then I'll adjust accordingly. While your build is going to be underwater I don't want to utterly kill all light from your build if you happen to be underneath my citadel.

#32 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

As far as anyone can tell by reading between the lines at their forum a reliable Bukkit release is so far away we will have plenty of time to gaze at that map and think about stations, lines and homes  8))))

I'd like that to be wrong, but I doubt it.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#33 BobTWC

BobTWC
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 149 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Snug, we are groovy.  My plan is to build in the deepest part of the deep ocean.  I have no problem if some of my base ends up underneath yours if you don't, though I don't think it will be a problem.  The darkness is part of what makes underwater builds fun.  All that having been said, with the size of SG6 I think we will have no problem being neighbors, so don't worry bout waiting for me.  Hell, in the long run, I don't even know if and when I will get started on a base.  But what ever happens all I have to say is...

I WANT MAH BUKKIT!!!

Tea or Coffee?

Toffee!!

#34 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

Same here Bob, my entire build will be made of Netherbrick, Netherack, and glowstone .. a few other bits like obsidian and dark wood in places too .. but I'm going to have to knock up a large amount of materials first, which means a processing plant to make netherbrick, which requires a lot of iron for the hoppers.

#35 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

... which means a processing plant to make netherbrick...

I tried that option in our current world ( netherrack + lava )  and even with building the station right next to the lava sea the process was extremely slow ... it's like 20 times faster to gather netherbricks by just tearing down a nether fort.

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#36 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

Depends entirely on how many forges you have.

And with enough you can technically do two things at once. With a decent pick 'rack insta-mines, so you need just a few minutes to pick up a whole inventory full. Drop it off at the plant and then grab the lava, again just another couple of minutes. 

While it may be quicker to mine that much brick straight off, the thing is you can be building with your last batch of brick while the next one cooks. Effectively building and procuring at the same time.

And with the rail system, it'll be simple enough to have a secondary station along the line and set it up for freight transport instead of single passenger transport eventually. Making the transport of rack, from the Nether to my citadel, quicker as I shift it in train bulk rather than a single backpack-full at a time.

#37 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Depends entirely on how many forges you have...

I was using 32 at that attempt ... keep in mind you need 4 netherrack for 1 brick.

Trust me it seemed like a brilliant idea to me at that time, I guess you'll have to find out for yourself :P

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#38 BobTWC

BobTWC
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Stick a self fueling charcoal generator in the same room and you are good to go!

Tea or Coffee?

Toffee!!

#39 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Charcoal? When I'm digging 'rack out the Nether? .. hahaha :P

#40 BobTWC

BobTWC
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

A charcoal generator is nice to have for all of your non-nether purposes, but point taken.  :P

Tea or Coffee?

Toffee!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users