Now is time to finalize everything, all the votes are in, all the rules have been discussion, the map picked, the rail line system figured out.
So, it's time to bring it all together into one epic super-post.
The first, is the overview of the entire new rules system, there are a lot of changes. So everyone needs to reread the entire section!
These rules are not up for debate, we've tinkered with them long enough and this is what we feel will benefit the greatest number of people while trying to keep the game as balanced as possible. But if you want clarification on them, or find something conflicting/incorrect, please ask about it.
- No visible sky grinders unless disguised as a proper build, like a blimp, balloon.
- No grinders what so ever within 600 blocks of Central (Center of map), this includes automated farms.
- ALL builds must have a [dynmap] sign on them, so that they are marked on the Live Map. A unmarked building *could* be torn down if we don't know who owns it and it sits for a long period of time. This includes incomplete builds!
- You may (and are highly recommended) to place [dynmap] signs at your future build site before any buiding has started, but you can not reserve land for future projects months down the line. It is intended for projects you will start within 7 days.
General Build rules:
- The server is freebuild, you may build anywhere you desire. But please mind your neighbors! Don't build too close or step on any toes. Use common sense when selecting a new home!
- You MAY NOT mine, chop or harvest on the main map unless it is necessary to do so for your build! All major resource gathering (Clear-cutting trees, branch mining, sand collecting, etc) must be done in the Wilderness, a special map reset monthly for resource gathering.
- !!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Members that do not check in to our monthly "check in threads" found in the General forum will be removed from the whitelist and any of your buildings may eventually be torn down and the items donated to Fort Knox! So please, even if life catches up with you a while and you don't have time to play at least find time to check in!
- Absolutely do not use other people's mines, caves and buildings or anything else without permission! You can explore all you want (We encourage it!), but if it's not yours don't touch it!
- Please allow members to enter your buildings, assuming they don't steal/break anything. Although, you may have "off limits" areas if you desire. But please allow your buildings public access so people can admire your work! However if it's absolutely necessary to make the entire building off limits, you may do so.
- No player death traps, unless clearly marked and very obvious it WILL harm or kill the player.
- No long tunnels underwater unless approved by a Veteran or the Admin. These are a pain to fix/cleanup if they need removed!
- Just because land isn't marked doesn't mean it's not in use, please avoid building on obviously-terraformed land without asking around and seeing if anyone owns it.
- Transit rails may only connect to the nearest rail station on the map.
- You may only have 1 rail line to a rail station per build area.
- Make your rails aesthetically pleasing, no 1x1 cobble rail lines in the sky, or 1x2 tunnels underground.
- Any direct lines from one player's build to another, bypassing the rail stations must be Veteran/Admin approved prior to construction. Everyone should be going from Their Build -> Rail station -> Somewhere Else. exceptions will only be made when that route is unreasonable/unrealistic. (IE Going 300 blocks to the rail station, and 300 back to your friend's build, only to travel 100 blocks away)
- No exploiting, hacking or cheating. These are insta-bans. We won't even warn you. If you cheat in any way, shape or form, you're gone. If you are unsure if what you are doing is allowed, just ask.
- This is a non-PVP server! PVPing is only allowed if all involved members of the fight agree before the fighting starts.
- All members start off at the Limbo rank. During this period you are under evaluation, once we deem you fit to be a full fledged member, you will be promoted to Member.
- No, you can't be an Op, Admin or Mod. If we need staff, we'll ask you.
- You will never get any free items or help from the staff. Just because we can create 1,000 diamonds out of thin air doesn't mean we will.
- This server will not give you or anyone else any kinds of perks to get ahead of the other players. The entire server is on equal playing fields, regardless of the amount of time they have spent on the server or how buddy-buddy they get with Veterans or the Admin.
- You are allowed to use some mods on this server (Like some mini-maps, Optifine and MCPatcher for example). But any mod you use must not give you an unfair advantage over vanilla players. For example:
- Mods that allow you to see where ore is located.
- Mods that allow you to see what enchants you will get on the enchanting table before you enchant an item.
- Mods that show you where caves, slime chunks, mineshafts, strongholds, villages or any other special generation item is.
- Tool Switching mods, that automatically switch tools around on demand.
- Any mod of any kind that gives you any advantage what so ever over any other player. If you're not sure, just ask!
- All new members will be sent to a map called "Limbo". This map is reset monthly, but once you have been deemed a good fit for the community, you will be moved over to the main map.
- Within common sense, all the rules from all other sections still apply to you while in Limbo.
- Be polite and friendly to all members, if you have a problem with someone bring it to one of the admins.
- No profanity or excessive cussing.
- Speak coherently! We're not sending texts on a cell phone. Try to sound intelligent. We don't mind having fun or screwing around, but "wen u git ppl who talk like dis bcuz it ezer" it makes us look like immature kids. No, we're not grammar Nazis, if you can't spell we don't really care. We just don't like people who purposely talk like morons.
- No racial, religious or political slurs of any kind. If you wouldn't say it in public, don't say it here.
- TALK! We love members who talk. In fact, that's what we're all about! We're not just a server, we're a community! Be part of it!
- We're not sticks in the mud, we may sound a bit strict, but we really aren't. We're just sick of playing with immature idiots, its that plain and simple.
- You may not build or tear down any roads within the city without permission.
- Your build may not be taller than City Hall.
- You can only own one build within the city, unless your other builds are public service builds or you've been given special permission to own more than one building.
- Public service builds must be approved, and have logical purpose.
- No grinders and automated farms what so ever within city limits.
- No complex redstone what so ever, the exception is simple devices like doors.
- No railways or tunnels may be built within the city, including underground.
- Build to be aesthetically pleasing, not functional. SixtyCity is for show, not function.
- You can claim your plot of land to build in within the city without asking, but you must intend to put an actual building there.
- You are NOT required to build anything in SixtyCity, but it is encouraged to help the city grow.
- Generally speaking, try to make your building somewhat blend in to the city. Don't do anything too off the wall.
- No pixel art!
- Basements can only be 2 floors deep maximum, meaning you can have a basement of reasonable basement size, but you can't just make a "reverse skyscraper" with a 20 floor basement to bedrock under a little 15x15 house.
- Most rules are flexable to a degree, reasonable conditions will allow you to bend some of the above rules, but they are handled on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by a Veteran or the Admin.
Wilderness, Nether and End Rules:
- The Wilderness, Nether and End are free from claims, there are no "legitimate" claims allowed on any of the maps. You may stake an area but within reason, most people will not bother you. But you have no rightful claim to any piece of land anywhere on any of those maps.
- Understanding the above, the same rules against theft/griefing still apply. You can not deliberately steal or damage anything anyone else's possessions. People's things are NOT free game! Respect your fellow players like you would on any other map.
- While there are no claims, please avoid stepping on each other's toes. For example, while you have all the right to dig in someone else's established branch mine, it would be more respectable to just go make your own. We will bump into each other, it happens, just don't do it on purpose.
Second part is the outcomes of all the various votes and threads:
Generation Type: Normal
Size: 10k by 10k
Portals: Static portals
Server Roads: Sunken Stone Slabs / Sunken Stone Brick Stair Borders, 6 blocks wide.
and finally, the seed with the rail lines and portal locations: