Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

While SG6 still has some time to go (who knows how long, since we're all waiting on bukkit) I plan to transition the server into a dev build for testing/working purposes to get as much work done as I can while we wait.

I can not give an exact time frame when this will happen (Possibly anywhere between tonight and a few days from now) but when it happens SG5 will be backed up for the future museum map, and taken down. So if you have any last minute things you want to do, do them now!

The dev server will allow players on it, so you guys can run around and break things but it WILL NOT be on the new map. It will just be on a randomly generated map. Everything on this temporary dev server will be completely wiped out when we launch SG6, no exceptions. Just treat it as a goof-off server, you can do whatever you want. Just be respectful to each other. ;)

I do encourage people to login and goof around on the dev server though, it'll help me isolate bugs in the new plugins I'm trying to get running. Since this is totally a meaningless server map that will be wiped, I'll also hand out freebies, like tools, weapons, TNT, whatever you want. Nothing on this map should really be taken seriously, so just ask when I'm on if you want anything (hell, even creative mode, I really don't care! :P).

The end-goal is basically to develop SG6 on a live server so I can see bugs in advance before we launch. So please, once it's running; login try to break things, and tell me when you do so I can fix them. ;)

sig.png

#2 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

We are ready to test, sir.

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

What's the status of the creative map? I'm guessing that will be shut down also?

There used to be something here..

#4 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

unfortunate we are taking down the server so unexpectedly.  I was not rushing to finish things thinking I had about another month.  Can I petition for one more weekend before it goes down?  I can put my affairs in order.  I need to clean all the toilets in the castle etc.  I  mean, what will future visitors think?

#5 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Toilets! I forgot about that! 

And, I have all those fish heads out behind the shed...

#6 SoonerDead

SoonerDead
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 167 posts
  • LocationO-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well I can't wait to test out the dev build!

Some people build towers... I just dig holes....

On my way down again, on my way down

#7 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Seems like I need to dispose of all the dead bodies and take the skeletons out of the closets then....

What? Oh.

Yeah. Minecraft. Totally talking about Minecraft here.

All about zombies and skeletons in the game, haha, yeah.

Minnnneeeecrafffttttt. Yeah.

Move along now.

#8 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

I like this plan..... I'm finished on SG5, just.  I am ready to break things now  8)))

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#9 Red_Letters

Red_Letters
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 76 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

unfortunate we are taking down the server so unexpectedly.  I was not rushing to finish things thinking I had about another month.  Can I petition for one more weekend before it goes down?  I can put my affairs in order.  I need to clean all the toilets in the castle etc.  I  mean, what will future visitors think?

Same here :/  Just saw this thread - and I didn't finish my stuff!  I assumed we had until Bukkit was done...

#10 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

I've been working out new ideas for my new home! I just can't wait to start building. Hopefully we can be on the same map for a while.

#11 Mister_Ross

Mister_Ross
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 59 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

So, with 1.8 coming out and the addition of new stone, water temples, and other new stuff that only generates only in new worlds, will Sixty Gig have to be re-set again or will you just be using the monthly regenerated areas to get new resources and keeping the seas temple-free? Just wondering.

#12 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

I highly doubt we will be doing another reset. It's such a minor change, and it doesn't even change the world seed. There might be a way to transfer water temples over, I know there's a way to populate the world with stone . :)

#13 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

Stone wise I don't think we have to worry since we don't mine there and for the water temples (Not sure if this is true) but I believe the mobs still spawn in the places the temple would be they just don't add the temples, so you can still get the mobs in a pre 1.8 world just not the temple. If I'm wrong I don't think it will be too hard to have a monthly guardin grinder.
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#14 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

x04lH9J.png

This is all that's changed in world generation. I doubt anyone will be disappointed in the lack of special stone underground. We'll be able to get it in the Wilds. 

Smile! :)

#15 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

x04lH9J.png
This is all that's changed in world generation. I doubt anyone will be disappointed in the lack of special stone underground. We'll be able to get it in the Wilds.

Oh, that's cool! Wonder how they pulled that off, or if they just mean newly generating terrain from the world seed, and not already explored areas.

I'm 90% sure Ray said that there was a script or something to change normal stone metadata into colored stone in specific areas. If it is the latter, it *might* be possible to do the same with water temples. :)

#16 Mister_Ross

Mister_Ross
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Could be that they generate in new chunks, but If they generate in already spawned ocean areas it's possible that they do this by converting those chunks, a bit like how some biomes changed for old worlds when the anvil world was introduced back when beta worlds converted to "anvil" world type in 1.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users