• Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is that some sort of doll house photo?

Yes, it's my daughter's doll's house.

We've tried to make it reflect real-life, so it has gaoled murderers serving life sentences; fat-cat businessmen drinking champagne and laughing whilst unemployed workers look on; a couple of families on benefits wondering how they will afford a decent xmas for their kids; and finally, in the attic, a strange old man who peers out of the window with a telescope whilst pleasuring himself.

I'm not sure how much mini-Kop likes it, but we believe that she needs to face-up to the horrors of real life even at the age of two.

(I may have made all of this up)

I pretty much had the same growing up but we had the older model with the torture chamber basement and the garden with big viscous dog. It came with a free mauled postman doll.

#22 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Forebrow and Koplee, you just brightened my day. :D

#23 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Nationality:RSA & UK

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

OK first main road "complete" I think it needs clarification though, as after the rails come out the ground, the road is then underneath the rails? I assume me will arch supports for the rails? Or move the road? :)

#24 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Some guidance for the "chopping team" would be good, I had some time available just now and could not find anything to do on the main map ( Im a dumbass so cant really build without supervision).,,,  I bursting to help in my own way so it's a bit frustrating  8)

A clear list of jobs?

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#25 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

Some guidance for the "chopping team" would be good, I had some time available just now and could not find anything to do on the main map ( Im a dumbass so cant really build without supervision).,,, I bursting to help in my own way so it's a bit frustrating 8)

A clear list of jobs?

Same here, I went ahead and went mining because I couldn't figure out anything better to do. A list of jobs would be great! :)
There used to be something here..

#26 Red_Letters

Red_Letters
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 76 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Inner city walls are complete.  Automatic doors and barred river outlets have been installed. :)

#27 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Phase 3:

sixtycityplan2.png

Yaay! Phase 3!

- Complete the hotel (Looks to be almost done)

- Clear cut all the trees in the other 3 quarters of the city (Red)

-- Try to fill at least 1 chest of logs (in Fort Knox) for each type you cut before you start burning wood into charcoal.

- Finish the spawn area (Blue)

-- Outdoor theme, garden/park - Think Central Park in New York

- Start the inner city roads. (White)

-- Same design as the 4 main roads, just 4 wide instead of 6 wide.

-- The above is an EXAMPLE CONCEPT. Do NOT make the roads exactly as I have printed, it's just an idea.

-- Make varied plot sizes, the idea is players can claim "plots" to build their city houses, stores, etc.

-- Plot sizes need to range from really small (20x20 being the smallest) to larger (50x50 being the largest).

-- More on the smaller side than larger side, the idea is if someone needs more space they can just ask a vet if they can knockout a wall and combine 2 plots. So we don't really need a bunch of 50x50 spaces.

-- After clear cutting, the main roads and the rails in the city are put in, we can build the roads all over the rest of the city.

Also, Nek needs help with the rails, it takes priority over everything stated above. So if you have the knowledge, please put your efforts into the rails! If you don't have the knowledge and still want to help, go pester Nek or someone else who knows what they're doing.

Other things:

- We still need a TON of wool, use Bob's wool farm if you're bored and want to sheer a few stacks

- Still need a stupid amount of stone, so keep filling those chests!

- Eventually we will need roughly 160k rails, and powered/detector rails to go with them. Please remember to donate any iron/gold you can, even if it looks like we have plenty. Once we start laying track it'll vanish quickly.

- The outer walls will need built soon, no idea on a design yet. Just a heads up.

sig.png

#28 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Thanks Ray just what was needed  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#29 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

Here's my plan for the roads...

Spoiler

PINK = roads

PURPLE = boundaries between building plots (will be marked with leaf hedges)

I'll get on with laying it all out in an hour or so

I love to be touched by his noodly appendages Posted Image

#30 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hey Koplee, I like the plan, However worried that if followed to the letter that terrain will suffer? Top right for example is a bit of a mountain and the road will connect to what currently is a bridge.

Also IMO the building plots are pretty big. Do we know what sort of building we will build in this quarter?

Also perhaps have some space between the road and the outer wall for some builds so as to break up the wall a bit?

I am aware of the too many cooks issue.. So just putting my thoughts forward... wont be any toys out of cot if not listened to ;)

#31 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

All good points. My responses...

• I'll not follow the plan to the pixel - I'll account for the terrain. It's just a rough first draft
  • Some plots are pretty small, but Ray also wanted bigger plots for those who wanted them. They can always be sub-divided. Also, it's nice to have gardens / green space around builds, rather than being cheek-to-jowl with your neighbours
  • I don't think Ray wants building up to the walls, hence the roads adjacent to them

#32 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

OK sounds good to me :)

#33 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Ray...

Can you please take a look at the road Cooogz and I have started... Is it ok? Too close to the wall? 

I'll not continue until you've ok'd it, since it's a lot of work to undo!

#34 Red_Letters

Red_Letters
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 76 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

- Clear cut all the trees in the other 3 quarters of the city (Red)

I read this and thought you were suggesting I do it.  I was like 'Really?  I have to do ALL of that?!'

#35 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

Get to it ;) 

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#36 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Ray...

Can you please take a look at the road Cooogz and I have started... Is it ok? Too close to the wall? 

I'll not continue until you've ok'd it, since it's a lot of work to undo!

I like them, although they are too close :(

the wall outline is the center of the wall, not the inside part of it.. So the road is technically overlapping if we do any wall design that's more than 1 block thick.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem, we could just make the line the inside-half of the wall and expand outwards some more, but even then I think it's ever-so-slightly too close, that would put it only 1 block away, not leaving much room for designing the wall if we want to add support columns and what-not.

Maybe space it about 6 blocks away from the line? That will give plenty of building room for the wall, any details that may be added to it and the doorways into the city (however we'll design those).

But I like the concept! :D Just a bit too close to the wall is all.

sig.png

#37 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

^ +1 on that.  A wide shoulder of trees and shrubberies would be nice with the wall rising behind.

Posted Image

#38 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

No problem... Will fix

#39 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah only took us 10hrs to do that bit :P joke

Ray are you happy with the Southbound main road now? I've yet to put supports in for the rail.. That will come soon.

#40 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Heads up: I just realized that there will no doubt have to be terraform alone the outer wall, so I recommend we avoid actually building those roads for the time being. Be a shame to have to just dig it up again!

Once I figure out what the wall will look like (thinking a consistent Y level for most of it) we can start terraform for the wall and road.

I was thinking we could do something like you see in old Asian fortresses, where the wall is slightly up on a hill, with the road on top. Like illustrated in this professional drawing I did:

crappywall1.png

sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users