WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

How will the redstonery part of the stations be done? Is this just going to be you Nek? or will there be a blueprint to follow? 

I dug out alot of the North station and started putting stairs in using the same dimensions as Central Station.  I was thinking of an acacia wood decor as the station is in Savanna but that would need quite a bit of wood to complete.

Below this station is a ravine with an open abandoned mineshaft with 2 cave spider spawners.  It's a long drop down and if you survive the fall, I imagine the spiders will finish you off.

I like coffee!

#42 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts
  • LocationBehind my keyboard but infront ot my computer....

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Spent 20 mins earlier... dropped ~20 stacks of sand into the super smelter to answer Nek's call for glass for stations.

Though it looks like it is broken again. 

(fixed it: minecart gets stuck/doesnt run  possible design issue)

#43 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

just go up and walk into the minecart, it'll start the smelter.

Yeah, it's just supposd to work, but I guess it's not close enought to spawn to keep the chunk loaded? dunno.

#44 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

How will the redstonery part of the stations be done? Is this just going to be you Nek? or will there be a blueprint to follow? 

I dug out a lot of the North station and started putting stairs in using the same dimensions as Central Station.  I was thinking of an acacia wood decor as the station is in Savanna but that would need quite a bit of wood to complete.

Below this station is a ravine with an open abandoned mineshaft with 2 cave spider spawners.  It's a long drop down and if you survive the fall, I imagine the spiders will finish you off.

Well technically there is a blueprint with the map i linked somewhere, that has the redstone functionality, although since then i have increased the basic diameter of the stations a few blocks to allow more room for the stairways as seen here.

station_pixles.jpg

But i sure hope i don't have to do the redstone myself, there are numerous players on this server that are quite capable of doing it. However each station will be quite the task in itself especially the water stations. Perhaps what we can do is assemble a team or three and those teams can tackle 1 station at a time. To be fair to everyone perhaps each station that is to be completed can be random and scattered around the map. But the reality will be once we get to those they will go fairly quick in anticipation of being done with this project.

Everyone is welcome to start hollowing out and building the stations, personally i would like to see the above ground stations completed as well before the redstone is started. My fear is someone unleashing a torrent of water into the redstonery while building the stairways which would be a nightmare.

And yes the North Station was terrifying to start with the insta-death spiders waiting to swarm below.

Thanks Psarge those water stations take a lot of resources, but trying to add a little design into their functionality to begin with.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#45 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Please try to stick with the program whoever is doing their own thing...

oops.jpg

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#46 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I suggest we make rail-teams :D so much more fun building them with someone a team of bodyguards at night!

ftfy

Posted Image

#47 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'd like to see a finished station before attempting to build out the one in my area. I'll keep an eye out for which one has been complete for reference (I'm assuming the hub station isn't the standard build).
Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#48 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

I'd like to see a finished station before attempting to build out the one in my area. I'll keep an eye out for which one has been complete for reference (I'm assuming the hub station isn't the standard build).

The central hub station will not have any player connections, so you are correct to assume it is not the standard build as far as redstone goes.

I will attempt to put together a blueprint, but not entirely sure how to do such at the time since i do not have the software to make a 3d image.

#49 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Would it be easier for you to build out the structure (ie stairs, roof, walls) of one station (without redstone) to show how it will look? You mentioned getting the stairs put in place before redstone, that's something I'm willing to do on some stations so the redstone team can come in to hook it up.

Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#50 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

Would it be easier for you to build out the structure (ie stairs, roof, walls) of one station (without redstone) to show how it will look? You mentioned getting the stairs put in place before redstone, that's something I'm willing to do on some stations so the redstone team can come in to hook it up.

I believe its the same size as the central one (I copied the wall and stair placement from.. Northeast I think) I may be wrong though

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#51 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

It should be noted that no player will be allowed to connect to any station until every station has its basic rail lines in place. And there are a lot of lines and pillars to build yet. Yes it would be nice to get the stations completed in there final form, but we are still early in this process. 2.5 weeks into a realistic 12 week project. 8 if we are lucky, 4 if you believe in miracles.

#52 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

If someone dunno what to do ^^ The yellow line from SW to S needs outside stairs, monster protection and pillars still :) 

#53 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

Hopefully I've built North Station to the same dimensions.
I like coffee!

#54 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Central to South (red line) should be ready for rails  :)

#55 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

I have put nearly a double chest of blue wool in the Far North Station, I started laying it, but its far from finished.  Feel free anyone to continue it.

I like coffee!

#56 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

OK rail workers the rails are starting to be placed, however only WordlyWalker is allowed to do this, he may recruit people to help but he is aware of the pattern for the lights and the rails. If you have not been instructed by WW or me to work on the rails do not please.

The only lines that will be able to have rails placed are the ones that are complete... Any incomplete lines will not be worked on, also all rails will start from the center and be placed evenly outward, if you live near a far corner station then you are at the end of the line, no zig zagging to appease anyone will happen.

Again give a thank you to Wordly for taking up this task so i can finish the preliminary station layouts (5 to go) and help wherever i am needed after that.

#57 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Status Update

Cyan line complete from NE to ENE station, except for perhaps two places where mob proofing could be done at tunnels.  I was putting up some fencing at the tunnel mouth, but I didn't really like the look of it.   I'll have to think about it.  I mean, how absolute does our mob proofing need to be?  Of course there are still spiders.    I think this line is ready for lighting and rails.

Blue line from N to NE station complete except for bridges/supports on water crossing.  I am about to start that.

#58 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

The tunnels on the South/red line have cobble fence around the mouth. I think it looks better than the wooden fence. Take a look at that and see what you think.
I like coffee!

#59 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

I have given Oribloke permission to place Rails, Ori and WW are the only ones permitted to do this task, please respect that cause they know the pattern and the requirements.

Today i finished the basic North Northwest station, so the yellow rail line can be built between the North and North Northwest stations.

There are 4 stations to go for the preliminary stations.

The green line from central station to the north station has had the rails placed and is functional.

Until i can visually inspect a line it will not be deemed finished. Mob proofing needs to keep any mob hostile or passive from being able to get on the tracks. The exception to this are spiders and enderman since they can get past mob proofing unless we build a steel box around the lines which is hideous and excessive.

#60 Koplee

Koplee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Mob proofing needs to keep any mob hostile or passive from being able to get on the tracks. The exception to this are spiders and enderman since they can get past mob proofing unless we build a steel box around the lines which is hideous and excessive.

There has to be some risk to public transport, otherwise were's the thrill?

I love to be touched by his noodly appendages Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users