HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida
  • Nationality:American

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

If you want to get into the server, I suggest you read the rules and info about the application process. You must submit a proper application which due to what time it is probably won't get looked at until next month. If your serious about getting in I also suggest look at other applicants applications as they go into even more what we are looking for. We want to get to know who you are before letting people in, we are a huge dysfunctional family here. Hope to read your application soon if you're serious. :) Best of luck.

Pictures of your builds help too! 

#22 InfernalFire

InfernalFire
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Nationality:South-African

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

JoeManChew, advice I could give to you is to fulfil a certain role. Don't say you will bring tea to the server, EVERYONE brings tea. Don't bring coffee, you will be shunned! Maybe go for... doughnuts! I myself would go for mini-doughnuts with caramel dip :D

Posted Image

#23 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Always. Bring. Tea. And cupcakes!
Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#24 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

How many times do I have to tell you all? This girl knows what she is talking about!

#25 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

If you want to get into the server, I suggest you read the rules and info about the application process. You must submit a proper application which due to what time it is probably won't get looked at until next month. If your serious about getting in I also suggest look at other applicants applications as they go into even more what we are looking for. We want to get to know who you are before letting people in, we are a huge dysfunctional family here. Hope to read your application soon if you're serious. :) Best of luck.

No they don't. People's builds are not ever considered during the application review process. We accept good builders, crappy builders and everything in between. If we only accepted good builders, I wouldn't be here. :) We look for the good people who are going to be a good contribution to this community, not who can build the best. We all like to look at pictures of builds, but they don't effect applications one way or the other.

That said, as others have already said - all applications need to be in a new thread. Please read the rules and about section first!

#26 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

tea, pfffffff! :PGlowingDewlarge.gif

#27 Cooogz

Cooogz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Stick

• 404 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Nationality:RSA & UK

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

JoeManChew, advice I could give to you is to fulfil a certain role. Don't say you will bring tea to the server, EVERYONE brings tea. Don't bring coffee, you will be shunned! Maybe go for... doughnuts! I myself would go for mini-doughnuts with caramel dip :D

bring koeksisters!! Won't get my vote because I dont have one but you will have a friend for life ;)

#28 InfernalFire

InfernalFire
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Nationality:South-African

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

bring koeksisters!! Won't get my vote because I dont have one but you will have a friend for life ;)

Been a while since I had a good koeksister! I am very picky when it comes to it, it has to have the right amount of syrup, and not overly sweet 

Posted Image

#29 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

No they don't. People's builds are not ever considered during the application review process. We accept good builders, crappy builders and everything in between. If we only accepted good builders, I wouldn't be here. :) We look for the good people who are going to be a good contribution to this community, not who can build the best. We all like to look at pictures of builds, but they don't effect applications one way or the other.

That said, as others have already said - all applications need to be in a new thread. Please read the rules and about section first!

Touchy, Touchy.....I didn't mean that in a negative way, like it would be a deciding factor. Just meant if you are applying to a minecraft server being this one or any other...pictures of your work would be a nice touch. I never said they had to be great builds. Just pictures of your stuff. A person's building style tells a lot about a person. You can tell if they take pride in their work no matter their build level. Someone who sets flower pots around their house is probably less likely to grief another's house.

#30 itsdann

itsdann
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Touchy, Touchy.....I didn't mean that in a negative way, like it would be a deciding factor. Just meant if you are applying to a minecraft server being this one or any other...pictures of your work would be a nice touch. I never said they had to be great builds. Just pictures of your stuff. A person's building style tells a lot about a person. You can tell if they take pride in their work no matter their build level. Someone who sets flower pots around their house is probably less likely to grief another's house.

I didn't read it as touchy, I read it as her explaining how she reviews applications. :P

#31 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I am not being touchy. I am being clear. Recently I have seen an influx of people commenting on people's application threads where they imply that applicants have to be good builders to be accepted. It is simply not true. That said, I would disagree with your point regarding griefers. I would think that some griefers like to decorate their houses just like the rest of us normal folk do. :D

Anyways, good luck to the new applicants! Only two more days to find out who made it. :3

#32 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

The suspense! The dread! Who will make it to Limbo, and who will be stuck in Li... wait...

Posted Image

#33 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm almost as excited as you are I think RazendeR.. I seem to be everytime we get new faces :D 

#34 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 585 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Rosleen just thinks "ahhahahaha, fresh meat!"  

#35 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think I can hear her cackling from here.

#36 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

More people to move to the dark... uhm... cupcakes and tea side!

#37 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I thought that was our special place, Ros.

#38 Shukit

Shukit
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

I want to join the cupcakes and tea side!!!!

#39 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

I am not being touchy. I am being clear. Recently I have seen an influx of people commenting on people's application threads where they imply that applicants have to be good builders to be accepted. It is simply not true. That said, I would disagree with your point regarding griefers. I would think that some griefers like to decorate their houses just like the rest of us normal folk do. :D

Anyways, good luck to the new applicants! Only two more days to find out who made it. :3

I guess we will have to agree to disagree! :-) I understand we accept builders of all levels and I by no means meant to imply otherwise when I said pics would be a nice touch when applying. An application with a some good info about them and some pictures would probably get more views than a two sentence application. Just Saying. I just would like applicants and show and tell us who they are. We would love to know! LOL Ahhh...This way fun. Love a good conversion. I love this server!!!!

#40 InasadStarChild

InasadStarChild
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Awesum!  as the kids like to say  so  often..  A Lively  mature bunch of People!  My  in game name is InasadStarChild..  I am over 50, a grandma, and very  new to this game, about a month or so...spoiled by a friend that  brought  me to Minecraft on a private server he made.  

That said,  I am still scared of the dark...   love  all kinds of  folks genuinely and  think this game rocks for it's simplicity.  Can I play with magic here?   I really was spoiled by my friend... whose server  is no more sadly.  

I  sang professionally  most all my life when i wasnt doing real jobs like  lottery sales agent or  Legal Secretary.  Nope you hav'nt heard of me probably and there are no videos { lord i hope not } roaming around on yutube...

Not terribly  techy just a fun gamer from way back that enjoy  a hearty laugh and not to be lied to..   Bring your blocks and sand  and  lets play...

Hope this finds approval..   I am a silly whacko  with a quick smile from way back and just want to enjoy my  game time without  repeated griefing with the oh so present " my  brother  logged into  my account  and and "... Hope to see you all soon.! : }

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users