Nekcalb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

As we progress closer to getting the main lines in place the decor needs to be completed on the stations for the lines to depart and arrive from. Each station should have 6 aspects considered into the overall design.

1. The top station does not need to be anything fancy, It could be a simple building as below or even some stairways leading down. Keep in mind we want to keep wild animals and such out of the lower stations so they need some kind of mob proof entrance. Also the top section of station does not have to be directly above the rails, but try to keep them relatively close, in the case of the water stations there is the options of having more than 1 top station on opposite sides of the body of water with tunnels connecting to the rail stations themselves.

SD2.jpg

2. Stations need to have at least one set of horse friendly stairs connecting it from the lower station to the top station. Tho it is possible to add as many as 4. People will use the rails for horses once the entire system is functional, we can not and will not enforce any rule banning this activity, so consider this into your design. Just angle out on the 4 angled blocks between the rail lines a few blocks before turning the stairs and you should be safe from interfering with the redstonery.

3. It is recommended you provide a stable with pens, and additional hitching posts in your station design to safely contain members pack animals and steeds.

SD3.jpg

4. Some stations will have portals to other worlds located within them, if you are designing one of these stations (NNW, WNW, SSW, WSW, NNE, ENE, SSE, ESE) then you should consider the location of the portal and clearly mark them. The portals will be located in the top half of the station at or around ground level.

5. Add a few main roads around your station people can connect to over time, although the road system likely will never be done, but it would be nice if players did work on them at their own pace. The roads connecting to the stations do not need to be long, 10 - 20 blocks long, just an indication of where they are.

6. Design elements, you are free to use whatever materials you want in your designs, but all the stations have had glass blocks and panes added to the launcher area, which i think adds to the launcher design and would prefer this element to remain, and keep in mind there is redstone mechanics where the birch planks are so having redstone lamps in the center floor area may lead to conflicts. Also the buttons must be wood, it was brought to my attention that with the launcher design some people may experience latency issues, wood buttons provide a redstone signal 150% the equivalent of stone buttons and to reduce any one person having an issue due to a bad connection we will sacrifice some looks to ensure they can enjoy their SixtyGig rail experience.
SD1.jpg

One other thing to keep in mind is there is redstonery behind the 4 walls surrounding the rail lines as seen in the above image with the buttons and signs. The current design is 10 - 12 blocks wide, and 7 blocks tall although i am working on (lies i haven't even touched it) some alternative redstone designs with the same functionality specifically for the under water stations.

Oh and those ladders going up the middle as means to access the stations, those will not remain. I recommend a skylight, but it's your design so do what you wish.

Also i have built a few stations, or at least a few partial bottom stations, specifically water stations, (NW, ESE, W) and have no intention of building the top parts, feel free to redesign these if you would like to. This is part of the "no player connections till done" requirement for the rail network, i believe this may also apply to the portals.

Here is the current list of who has decided to work on and build the decor of the stations. Please post below and i will update the list as people jump on board.

Red - Not started, Yellow - In progress, Green - Completed

N - Top WordlyWalker, Bottom WordlyWalker

S - Top Elanderine, Bottom Elanderine

W - Top Rosleen, Bottom Rayvolution

E - Top Rosleen, Bottom Rosleen

FN - Top Rosleen, Bottom Rosleen

FS - Top Johssen1984, Bottom Johssen1984

FW - Top Captain_Marko, Johssen1984 and Rosleen, Bottom Captain_Marko, Johssen1984 and Rosleen

FE - Top Oribloke, Bottom Oribloke

NW - Top ?, Bottom ?

NE - Top Psarge, Bottom Psarge

SW - Top Rosleen, Bottom Rosleen

SE - Top LadyEh , Bottom LadyEh

FNW - Top Ecclamw, Bottom Ecclamw

FNE - Top Axmandan, Bottom Axmandan

FSW - Top Nekcalb, Bottom Nekcalb

FSE - Top Trippwire, Bottom Trippwire

NNW - Top Nekcalb, Bottom Nekcalb

NNE - Top Merlinver, Bottom Merlinver

SSW - Top wolfkstaag, Bottom wolfkstaag

SSE - Top Merlinver, Bottom Merlinver

WNW - Top Snugglequine, Bottom Snugglequine

WSW - Top Rosleen, Bottom Rosleen

ENE - Top LadyEh, Bottom LadyEh

ESE - Top iliplayz, Bottom iliplayz

One final note: I added enderchests to all the stations, please add these to the bottom station design, if you would like an enderchest in the top part of the station you will have to provide these yourself. Also i started chests for the redstonery and at the current time they only contain the cacti, but in time i will be adding the exact redstone components needed to complete the functionality of the stations to these chests, please do not take or borrow the items within or throw anything into the chests.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

I claim yee station of the west for designing of the Rayvolution.

sig.png

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

FN all done

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Axmandan claims the Far Northeast station for his design in the name of the New Axman Republic!

"Ax is quiet like a fox but he will ATTACK if needed." -Stacy

#5 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

I'll go have a look at the south station today, it needs some loving

#6 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

South looks like it might be done already?  Heading east! :D

#7 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

*after alot of insane cursing*

Could you all please clear your animals out of the stations? :'(

#8 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'll claim my Far South East Corner, but if anyone near there wants to add input/ideas I'm all for it. :)

#9 Oribloke

Oribloke
  • PipPip
  • Veteran
  • Plank

• 238 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Since I am already building all three lines from Far East station I may claim the junction as well.

#10 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

East is da Done

#11 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Ros - horses are penned up to help us travel the routes that dont have rail lines in yet. They can be moved around as needed. If you dont want to mess with them post the station that needs some herding done after you get one quadrant complete and I'll come move them.

Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#12 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

Ros - horses are penned up to help us travel the routes that dont have rail lines in yet. They can be moved around as needed. If you dont want to mess with them post the station that needs some herding done after you get one quadrant complete and I'll come move them.

Silly steaks! I think they're still roaming around the east station :)

#13 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts
  • LocationBehind my keyboard but infront ot my computer....
  • Nationality:British

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

Well I shall try my hand at it *gulp* and try out NE station

#14 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts
  • Nationality:Cornish

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

If nobody has started on the WNW or NNW stations by the time I'm back from Birmingham next week, I'll do them. I was going to put a public forgeworks at the WNW station anyway for Netherack smelting, I can easily add a station to that list also, and I'll be making a way off the NNW station for my home so I can easily access that too once I've a stable income of materials from the Nether. I'm plannng to do both with Netherbrick and dark wood, same as my Citadel, if that's cool with folks?

#15 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

Nek has done the NNW one already sweets :-)

#16 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Someone is going to have to come in and clean up after my horse though.

I didn't realize the portals would be in the stations.  Cool.  Don't recall it being marked in the NNW station.

#17 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Someone is going to have to come in and clean up after my horse though.

I didn't realize the portals would be in the stations.  Cool.  Don't recall it being marked in the NNW station.

Ya i didn't design in a portal, easy enough to do.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#18 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Here is a little template i slapped together, i didn't think about possible conflicts with the water stations, hope this helps.

Player_Connections_Template.jpg

#19 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

That looks complicated. Redstone is my kryptonite!

#20 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

What Hybrid said! let's get the geniuses on it :)

Also if noone else think's the south is theirs, I'd like to claim and redesign it :) Seems to be abit of netherbrick atm mainly, and I did just get more flowerpots :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users