Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Thank you, everyone, for putting so much work in! I haven't been able to be on as much as I'd like but I am a hunter gatherer more than a builder, so I will leave the stations to all you talented people when I do get there! You all deserve a batch of Ros' cupcakes each.

#22 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

So instead of going to bed I came up with a great idea for my station/house above it. I wanted to go with a nether feel to it, but I didn't wanna use ALL nether brick, and frankly netherrack looks quite ugly. So I wanted to find a nice balance. I though, how could I make a nether fortress more, fortress-y/regal/pretty. I bounced around a couple ideas and I came up with this awesome idea...

Spoiler

I really like how that looks, I wasn't sure the exact shape of the stations but i figured it was a circle so I based it around that, and I'm not sure how the tunnels will look but I'll figure that out later.

Then I was like I need a cool design for the house on top. Again I wanted nether brick to be the theme, however I wanted wood, not quartz to go along with it. So this came into my head...

Spoiler

What are your thoughts. Should I bring it over to the map? Any thoughts on 'better-ing' it up.

TL;DR Look at pictures, are they cool? Should I use them for my station? Oh its FSE too.

P.s. If I do do this I will need a lot of Nether Brick, Quartz, Oak, and Spruce. If you wanna donate to the cause that would be nice.

Thank you for your time, Carry on Gig-ers. :D

~trippwire

#23 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

For the windows picture; considered making the big fields have one huge window, instead of two smaller ones? That, or putting a thin dividing line between the two squares of glass?

Personally, i would not be a fan of the bumpy floor glowstone on both sides would give, but that may just be me.

Posted Image

#24 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts
  • LocationBehind my keyboard but infront ot my computer....

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Well... NE is I guess done.. cept maybe for some internal design, I have no idea, it's pretty minimalistic glass and glowstone and royally did my head in.

#25 merlinver

merlinver
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 143 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

The South SouthEast above ground station is finished. It is pretty much set up as a permanent Wilds hub since the portal will eventually be there. i have some minor touch ups to do - if you have suggestions please let me know. I was going to put a "super smelter" in on a second floor but dont know a compact enough design to implement. If you'd like to tackle it, I'll put the second floor in place or you can use the top of the stables.

Pics:

Spoiler

Changes aren't permanent.
But change is.

#26 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Very nice Merlin, beautiful even! I love sandstone.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#27 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

Stunning Gwyd :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#28 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would like to try my hand at the Southern Station Top.

#29 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

I don't know if Ori has any plans for the ESE station since he's doing the FE->ESE rail design - if he has i'm all for it -

but I was thinking of doing something like this

Spoiler
for the top of the ESE sea station,

TBH I have no clue how it will fit with the rails and the portal position, not to metion it doesn't really have space for stables and isn't designed for road connections at all.

Anyway if anyone wants to help with the construction or has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

- Also if anyone want's to fiddle with the design I'd be happy to upload the schematic, if only someone could tell me where the "upload attachment" button is :P -

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#30 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I would like to try my hand at the Southern Station Top.

The top and bottom need to mesh together, will you be collaborating with someone else to build the bottom to make this work?

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#31 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I don't know if Ori has any plans for the ESE station since he's doing the FE->ESE rail design - if he has i'm all for it -

but I was thinking of doing something like this

Spoiler
for the top of the ESE sea station,

TBH I have no clue how it will fit with the rails and the portal position, not to metion it doesn't really have space for stables and isn't designed for road connections at all.

Anyway if anyone wants to help with the construction or has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

- Also if anyone want's to fiddle with the design I'd be happy to upload the schematic, if only someone could tell me where the "upload attachment" button is :P -

What if you raised it slightly put a stable under the center section and had some lilly pad roads leading to them? Honestly tho not sure how well horses run on lilly pads.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#32 Elanderine

Elanderine
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

I can do the bottom as well

#33 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

In an effort to start cleaning up the lines and stations of unused chests, any chest in the stations or along the lines will be removed.

If you are in the process of working on something then it is your responsibility to mark the material chests as your own, and then to clean the left over mats and chests afterwards. If during this phase you had a chest taken that you were using then take 5 minutes to go restock your supplies and start fresh.

This is effective immediately.

#34 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Just a small note.  Entrances to the top levels of the stations should also be horse friendly (3 blocks high), since the pens for horses are inside the stations.  Glass blocks above the doors are a quick solution, as they don't give suffocation damage.  This prevents riders from having to dismount and shove or lead their stead through the door. :)

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#35 Oribloke

Oribloke
  • PipPip
  • Veteran
  • Plank

• 238 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

but I was thinking of doing something like this for the top of the ESE sea station,

I like what you did so far. I imagine it spin on a wind. I have no plans for ESE station, feel free to build it, Ili. I haven’t started designing the ESE-FE section yet either, but I think that all three ESE lines need some integration. I think the bridges could support integrated parallel rail and road lines, and it would be good if stable was composed into the station. As Nek said raising the sculpure and locating the stable in the base of it could work.

As for road connection, how about building such kind of road whirl to emphasize the impression spin ;)

ESE_roads_400.png

#36 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Looks great Merlin and that is an amazing design ili

You can't get there from here.

#37 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Mark me down for the Southeast Station, Nek.  It's an awkward, hilly forest, sure to be a pain in the butt.

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#38 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

I'll help someone do FW station, but I don't have the skills to do it by myself....  unless you want a seriously cranky station  ;)

Anyone?

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#39 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

I'll help someone do FW station, but I don't have the skills to do it by myself....  unless you want a seriously cranky station   ;)

Anyone?

I-Volunteer.jpg

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#40 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

I am dear Ros your obedient building labourer, I have time over the weekend - give me a shout.

Thanks!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users