#1 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Making myself lunch earlier this afternoon, and after going over the sweet and savoury thread posts, I started thinking about what would be the choice for a last meal, or if you want to take it, the only thing you could eat for the rest of your life..

This was particularly brought to mind as I was making my pick:  Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Simple, yes, but it is a meal that I always find myself going back to.. Its something I often pick for my birthday dinner choice (unless something else had be pre-planned).  There are so many different variations of this as well.. Different cheese to use, or items to add to the sandwich (I like adding tomatoes, or bacon).  The tomato soup could be spicy or not, hot or as a cold gazpacho..  

What would your choice be as a last meal if you had to pick?

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#2 Shukit

Shukit
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I've always said that if I could eat one thing for life, it would be my mother's Gumbo and rice.

I don't care if it's chicken, juicy turkey ( because if you have only had disgusting dry turkey, forget what you know about turkey ) or spicy sausage, I could live on gumbo and rice. Heck, probably gumbo and quinoa if I couldn't have rice.

If not that, my mum's bacon corn chowder. Nice and thick with big soft (but not mushy) chucks of potato...yeeeesss...

#3 axmandan

axmandan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 522 posts
  • Nationality:American

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I'm not too up on how last meal laws go, but if I could get away with it I'd have one of those several million dollar cakes. Maybe they'll put off killing me if they have to dish (Dish he he) out that kinda cash to be allowed to kill me. Might save me from the hempen jig for a little while.

"Ax is quiet like a fox but he will ATTACK if needed." -Stacy

#4 LadySnoogicorn

LadySnoogicorn
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 339 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Assuming it could be anything at all, I would pick a seafood smorgasbord. Crab, shark, calamari, sushi (kind of seafood, right?), oysters...I could go on, but I'm making myself too hungry (and this is already too much to be considered a meal...oops). Maybe round it out with some rice, fruit, and sweet tea. :)

#5 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm not too up on how last meal laws go, but if I could get away with it I'd have one of those several million dollar cakes. Maybe they'll put off killing me if they have to dish (Dish he he) out that kinda cash to be allowed to kill me. Might save me from the hempen jig for a little while.

So axmandan, you are looking at a dessert like this:

lindeth-howe-and-dessert.jpg

It is a chocolate pudding from Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel in England, which is worth 22,000 Pounds, or $34,531 USD.  You should request to pair it with a cocktail from XS Nightclub in Las Vegas, they have a $10,000 dollar cocktail called "The Ono" which I think would go marvelously..  You could then factor in how much it would cost to get those things flown in to wherever they are holding you at, and properly storing them for the trip so they are in edible, fresh condition :D

I've always said that if I could eat one thing for life, it would be my mother's Gumbo and rice.

I don't care if it's chicken, juicy turkey ( because if you have only had disgusting dry turkey, forget what you know about turkey ) or spicy sausage, I could live on gumbo and rice. Heck, probably gumbo and quinoa if I couldn't have rice.

If not that, my mum's bacon corn chowder. Nice and thick with big soft (but not mushy) chucks of potato...yeeeesss...

And Shukit, Your mom's cooking sounds amazing!  My mouth is watering at this description right now it sounds so good!  And I know exactly what you mean about juicy turkey, dry turkey does not count!  

Assuming it could be anything at all, I would pick a seafood smorgasbord. Crab, shark, calamari, sushi (kind of seafood, right?), oysters...I could go on, but I'm making myself too hungry (and this is already too much to be considered a meal...oops). Maybe round it out with some rice, fruit, and sweet tea. :)

Why not have a seafood buffet for your last meal?  I don't see why not!  I'm not a huge seafood fan myself, but I do enjoy Crab and other shellfish, and Sushi as well (usually made with crab or tuna for me though)..  And I recently found I enjoy Oysters, those would be a nice classy touch to a last meal.. With a little bit of lemon or lime juice to put on them..   Mmm, and Sweet tea would be perfect along with all your meal!

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#6 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Honestly I like food to much to have to choose, one last meal, however If i could eat one food for the rest of my life I know it would be pizza. Cause pizza could be anything you have a lot of options when i comes to toppings, so I know I will never get bored. Is that cheating?

#7 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

My last meal would be my favorite meal.

A 14" ribeye steak, medium rare, with a baked potato layered with sour cream, butter and a pinch of garlic and chives.

Alongside this, a huge, steamed, full bodied artichoke with enough hollandaise sauce to dip the leaves in, and to soak the heart in later.

A tall glass of iced butterscotch rootbeer to drink, and vanilla cheesecake topped with strawberries for dessert.

I don't like this thread anymore. Too hungry.

#8 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

I would choose either my grandmother's crab gumbo, stir fry, or sushi. I love them all. If it would be a full course meal, all of them. :)
There used to be something here..

#9 forebrow

forebrow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 517 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Fresh rice noodles with a lovely oriental sauce that I forget the name of for starters. Thin crust barbecue sauce pizza with thick pieces of pepperoni for main. Sticky toffee pudding with custard and cream for desert. And a Snickers.

#10 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Honestly I like food to much to have to choose, one last meal, however If i could eat one food for the rest of my life I know it would be pizza. Cause pizza could be anything you have a lot of options when i comes to toppings, so I know I will never get bored. Is that cheating?

I don't count that as cheating.. I did the same with my grilled cheese option :D.

A 14" ribeye steak, medium rare, with a baked potato layered with sour cream, butter and a pinch of garlic and chives.

Alongside this, a huge, steamed, full bodied artichoke with enough hollandaise sauce to dip the leaves in, and to soak the heart in later.

A tall glass of iced butterscotch rootbeer to drink, and vanilla cheesecake topped with strawberries for dessert.

I don't like this thread anymore. Too hungry.

Mmm, everything sounds good.. and I particularly love the artichoke!   I'm sorry I made you dislike this thread, maybe I should put a disclaimer *Don't read on an empty stomach* just in case...

I would choose either my grandmother's crab gumbo, stir fry, or sushi. I love them all. If it would be a full course meal, all of them. :)

Gumbo and sushi seem to be popular choices :D, And I don't see why not have them all for a full course meal, It is a meal after all!

Fresh rice noodles with a lovely oriental sauce that I forget the name of for starters. Thin crust barbecue sauce pizza with thick pieces of pepperoni for main. Sticky toffee pudding with custard and cream for desert. And a Snickers.

I love how diverse you choices are for the courses are!  And you've gotta have the snickers..

#11 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Spaghetti with lot's of venison meatballs, and My mums Avocado salad, with avocado oil and these yummy nuts, and for pudding Every Kind of Berry in the world with cream. 

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#12 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Probably lasagne made by my mother, with her lemon meringue pie to finish up. As long as I could keep the LMP and finish it cold. Yum yum yum.

#13 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Thai food feast. Including tom yum kai and spicy beef salad.....chicken curry with rice....mustles.....thai soup. With chop sticks. And the greatest most chill loving and kind people to sit with me. I would eat with chop sticks. Now I am reminding I have to get my butt in gear and get down to the Asian market and get some ingredients for a dinner date.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#14 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

nomnomnomnomnomnomnom steak!

i vote that as my last meal. side of crab legs, shrimp, gator, and must have steamed broccoli 

#15 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Ooooh crab legs......damn i need me some seafood.

#16 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I agree.. I've been eating too much chicken and burgers lately, anything easy to grab and go.. A dinner with crab legs sounds so good right now...

#17 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Steak and Fully loaded baked potato for me!

#18 Rhize

Rhize
  • Tree Puncher

• 32 posts
  • Nationality:German

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

My last meal would be a Schnitzel ( I think it is known as escalopes :P ) in a mushroom sauce with baked potatos and peas. 

#19 InfernalFire

InfernalFire
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Nationality:South-African

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

I am not too fancy about it. I would love a Spur Cheddamelt (cheese and mushroom sauce) Chicken Schnitzel with chips with the Spur "pink sauce" on the chips :3

Cheddamelt_Beef_Schnitzel_a.jpg

Posted Image

#20 Rekonin

Rekonin
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Nothing says goodbye cruel world quite like sherbet.

Dip-Dab.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users