• Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Nationality:American

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

In Game Name: ntnParasox
Real Name/Preferred Name: Emily/Sox
Previous Minecraft experience: I began playing a little over a year ago because LadySnoogicorn, then a disturbed addict, suggested I try it. I played on the server she was using at the time for a number of months, worked my way up the totem pole to creative mode, and lost interest. Something about survival is much more exciting than creative. Perhaps it's the thrill of a challenge. ;) I have since been playing on single player mode survival and getting back on the Minecraft kick. All that said, I do need some help still, as I am not well versed in the game's jargon.
Your background: I am an old school gamer. I have been playing video games since '92. I was part of a massive gaming clan called Nice Try Novice that was huge right around the turn of the millennium (hence the ntn in my gamertag). I am a big Legend of Zelda fan and can often be found purchasing far more merchandise than I can afford. My Minecraft skin has been Sheik since I started playing. My current setup has an intel i7 processor with a Radeon HD 7990. Talk to me about computers and video games :D I am a musician with a degree in music education. I compose and am presently working on a video game score for a game concept I have. I very recently moved from the town I was born and raised in to a new area and am still settling in. I love dogs and have a super awesome German shepherd mix named Apollo. He is hyper and a butthead :3 I'd love to join this server because the community seems great, it is thriving, and from what I've investigated everyone seems open and friendly. I'm happy to chat any time! Thanks for your consideration :)

#2 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hi Emily,

Welcome and I wish you well on being accepted onto the server. I too am a Zelda fan (Early Zelda games). Sheik was one rad character. She was a mystic as am I.  Hope to meet you in game and it would also be so cool to see 'Sheik' as a fellow player.

Where are you from?

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#3 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hey! Welcome :)

I'm afraid I can't really talk about computers and video games, but I can talk about music and dogs! What kind of music do you like the most? What do you play? Also, great to have another dog lover here :D sometimes I feel we are in the minority, there are so many cat lovers around! If I could, I would get one of these:

ria_siting.jpg

So beautiful.

#4 LadySnoogicorn

LadySnoogicorn
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 339 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

"Then" a disturbed addict. hahaha...*eye twitches* Yeah, definitely have gotten over that. Anyways, wouldn't bother letting this one in, she'll smell the whole place up. ;) (Seriously though so excited you made an application, ahhh!) You should post a picture of Apollo, let everyone see the butthead. :)

#5 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hi Emily,

Welcome and I wish you well on being accepted onto the server. I too am a Zelda fan (Early Zelda games). Sheik was one rad character. She was a mystic as am I.  Hope to meet you in game and it would also be so cool to see 'Sheik' as a fellow player.

Where are you from?

Thanks! Wow, you're a mystic? That's fascinating! I would love to learn more about that. Which early game is your favorite?

Hey! Welcome :)

I'm afraid I can't really talk about computers and video games, but I can talk about music and dogs! What kind of music do you like the most? What do you play? Also, great to have another dog lover here :D sometimes I feel we are in the minority, there are so many cat lovers around! If I could, I would get one of these:

ria_siting.jpg

So beautiful.

Hooray for music! :D I love mostly neoclassical era music (Stravinsky, Mahler, etc.) I play the trumpet and the piano. Is that a Brittany spaniel? There are... too many cats... on the internet... lol They have invaded.

#6 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hello Emily!

I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan myself, and I love Sheik as well, so I hope to see your skin (Oops, now that sounds a bit creepy....). Sheik was my go to Super Smash Brothers character :D.  I love Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past, as far as the older games.  I pretty much grew up on Link to the Past.  I do like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword too, but not as much as the ones mentioned  previously.  Which installments of the series are your favorite?

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#7 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

@Emily

I say "mystic"....intended with the least bit of "mysticism"......or (not to imply that I am a flaky psychic or some new-age person that revels in preaching philosophies).....I like to meditate and particularly 'hone' a focus in various disciplines designed to hone the ability to focus. Some cool sh8 can happen in a focused state of mind! It sounds like we maybe have a shared interest there. I prefer not to have those sort of discussions here. If you'd like to chat with me more about this.....pop me an email whenever you like (invisibleflame@hotmail.com). :)

For Zelda, as a young kid of the 80's the original NES Zelda version was always my favorite. Link to the past was also a good game!  Strangely, I found that as the graphics got better....the feeling I loved about the original game diminished. Also I loved the original music of the first game. These original music themes quickly changed as the series progressed. So by the time Zelda 64 rolled around. It didn't feel much like the same game I loved as a kid.

Have you played the original NES Zelda and or Link to the past?

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#8 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hello Emily!

I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan myself, and I love Sheik as well, so I hope to see your skin (Oops, now that sounds a bit creepy....).

LOL! I was thinking the same thing about it might sounding creepy how I worded. :D

#9 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hello Emily!

I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan myself, and I love Sheik as well, so I hope to see your skin (Oops, now that sounds a bit creepy....). Sheik was my go to Super Smash Brothers character :D.  I love Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past, as far as the older games.  I pretty much grew up on Link to the Past.  I do like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword too, but not as much as the ones mentioned  previously.  Which installments of the series are your favorite?

My skin... o________o Haha! She was a great SSB Melee character. I used to tourney with her >:3 I would have to say that I like OoT, ALttP, and SS the most of the series :)

@Emily

I say "mystic"....intended with the least bit of "mysticism"......or (not to imply that I am a flaky psychic or some new-age person that revels in preaching philosophies).....I like to meditate and particularly 'hone' a focus in various disciplines designed to hone the ability to focus. Some cool sh8 can happen in a focused state of mind! It sounds like we maybe have a shared interest there. I prefer not to have those sort of discussions here. If you'd like to chat with me more about this.....pop me an email whenever you like (invisibleflame@hotmail.com). :)

For Zelda, as a young kid of the 80's the original NES Zelda version was always my favorite. Link to the past was also a good game!  Strangely, I found that as the graphics got better....the feeling I loved about the original game diminished. Also I loved the original music of the first game. These original music themes quickly changed as the series progressed. So by the time Zelda 64 rolled around. It didn't feel much like the same game I loved as a kid.

Have you played the original NES Zelda and or Link to the past?

Oh ok! Aw yeah! The original is the first game I ever played :3 That's a bummer, some of the newer games are really good! The themes are awesome! I was disappointed when Koji Kondo stopped being the full time composer :( The soundtracks definitely started changing then. I love both games :)

#10 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Also, I'm from Florida. Don't think I directly answered that heh.

#11 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

@ Emily

I would probably love Twilight princess. I stopped playing console games as I don't use a tv any more.

Remember, Impa was a Sheika also! Actually, I just had the thought to make a skin for myself that looks like I am a Sheika...though a man.

#12 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

@InvisibleFlame7

Yes :) She is the one who created the persona Sheik in Zelda. They haven't shown a male Sheikah in the series, yet. That would be cool. You should do it ^^

#13 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hooray for music! :D I love mostly neoclassical era music (Stravinsky, Mahler, etc.) I play the trumpet and the piano. Is that a Brittany spaniel? There are... too many cats... on the internet... lol They have invaded.

Ah, Stravinsky.. I love The Firebird, what a fantastic ballet. So unique.

I also play the trumpet and the piano, though not very well. I'd imagine that having a degree in music education would make you a pretty good pianist! There are a few brass players here, I think you make the 6th trumpet player or something!

It's a Springer Spaniel and I agree about the cats, I like cats but I've never owned one and I'd choose a dog over a cat every time! In fact we're actually considering getting a house rabbit instead of a cat at the moment ;) we don't have the freedom to look after a dog at the moment, so a rabbit might be the way forwards.

#14 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

*chuckle*  These kids who think they are "old school gamers". LOL

Good luck on your app!

#15 LadySnoogicorn

LadySnoogicorn
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 339 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

I'd imagine that having a degree in music education would make you a pretty good pianist! There are a few brass players here, I think you make the 6th trumpet player or something!

She and I actually met through trumpet. :) You should hear her play though, all sorts of brass instruments and piano and singing...and then there are her compositions! She likes to downplay it, but she's quite the artist. ;)

#16 61tasc130fe

61tasc130fe
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 108 posts
  • LocationGlen Rock, PA (USA)

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Welcome to the Land of Pending Limbo. I just found this place a few days ago and currently waiting to see if I make the cut. I wish you much luck with your application and hope maybe we get to spend some time together in Limbo.

#17 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Welcome to Sox!

So you've been playing games since you practically were born eh? God am I jealous. My parents banned all video game out of our house. In retrospect I love them for it, really helped get my brain into books and gave me a head start in life.

Which is to say my bookself is now filled with Halo, Borderlands, Assassin's CreedbattlefielddarksidersfalloutbatmastarwarSHHHHAUAAAAHHHHHHHHH

*breathes*

Okay, so nobody's perfect.

Moving on!

Continuing with this current trend, I'm assuming you play minecraft in an attempt to build all of hyrule? The Great Deku Tree?
The lost woods?

Oh man now the song is in my head.

Heh. Joking, of course, but what are you actually interested in, minecraft wise? Do you have a certain style, or a type of architecture you try to replicate, or anything like that?

Basically, what gets you in the mood for minecraftin'?

#18 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Ah, Stravinsky.. I love The Firebird, what a fantastic ballet. So unique.

I also play the trumpet and the piano, though not very well. I'd imagine that having a degree in music education would make you a pretty good pianist! There are a few brass players here, I think you make the 6th trumpet player or something!

It's a Springer Spaniel and I agree about the cats, I like cats but I've never owned one and I'd choose a dog over a cat every time! In fact we're actually considering getting a house rabbit instead of a cat at the moment ;) we don't have the freedom to look after a dog at the moment, so a rabbit might be the way forwards.

Wow! Really? Who knew there were so many band kids on here ;) FIREBIRD IS MY MOST FAVORITE WORK EVERRRR HAAA. Sorry, had to freak out for a minute. Guh, I should have known it was a Springer. I had a rabbit for thirteen years!! They are wonderful pets once you housetrain them. Definitely worth buying. :) What breeds are you looking at?

*chuckle*  These kids who think they are "old school gamers". LOL

Good luck on your app!

Haha! I mostly meant it in the sense that I began playing games on the original Nintendo consoles (NES :D) and progressed to playing PC games when they first started emerging :P I was a HUGE C&C and DotA player :3 I hope to meet you and chat about older games x3 

Welcome to the Land of Pending Limbo. I just found this place a few days ago and currently waiting to see if I make the cut. I wish you much luck with your application and hope maybe we get to spend some time together in Limbo.

Absolutely! Nice to meet you! Sounds like fun :)

Welcome to Sox!

So you've been playing games since you practically were born eh? God am I jealous. My parents banned all video game out of our house. In retrospect I love them for it, really helped get my brain into books and gave me a head start in life.

Which is to say my bookself is now filled with Halo, Borderlands, Assassin's CreedbattlefielddarksidersfalloutbatmastarwarSHHHHAUAAAAHHHHHHHHH

*breathes*

Okay, so nobody's perfect.

Moving on!

Continuing with this current trend, I'm assuming you play minecraft in an attempt to build all of hyrule? The Great Deku Tree?
The lost woods?

Oh man now the song is in my head.

Heh. Joking, of course, but what are you actually interested in, minecraft wise? Do you have a certain style, or a type of architecture you try to replicate, or anything like that?

Basically, what gets you in the mood for minecraftin'?

Man... I could not have survived my childhood without them lol I did read a lot of classic literature because my parents are both English majors. Honestly, I have built a couple different things and started building like... the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle and all kindsa stuff :) I really like to play on survival. I love mining. I love the RPG aspects and working together with other players :) I've met some cool people through this game. I could be considered a rare items hoarder hahaha.

#19 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

I could be considered a rare items hoarder hahaha.

I totally am a rare items hoarder myself :D.. I may not find a use for them, but I have them!!  Except saddles, I tend to always use saddles..

And I'm surprised I have never tried to re-create any Legend of Zelda buildings..  I think if I did any, I would probably try to re-create Lon Lon ranch, or the Gerudo Fortress.  I have though about trying to re-create building from A Link to the Past, but need to plan how to go about it, and which building to do.. How did your versions of the Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time go?

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#20 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

I totally am a rare items hoarder myself :D.. I may not find a use for them, but I have them!!  Except saddles, I tend to always use saddles..

And I'm surprised I have never tried to re-create any Legend of Zelda buildings..  I think if I did any, I would probably try to re-create Lon Lon ranch, or the Gerudo Fortress.  I have though about trying to re-create building from A Link to the Past, but need to plan how to go about it, and which building to do.. How did your versions of the Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time go?

I know!! I actually have not played using horses yet... I stopped playing I think a month before that update, but I can pretty much guarantee that if it's hard to come by, I'll have a million of them in a chest that I will never use hahaha! I made Hyrule Castle in a single player survival game. It was my fortress to hide in >:3  It was pretty awesome. The Temple of Times stands unfinished... I began it in creative on a server that I was playing on that is now dead. I also forget to screencap so I have no pictures of it or of my totally awesome oasis well house that I made. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ntnparasox, application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users