Wilds Iron Farm

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts
  • LocationBehind my keyboard but infront ot my computer....
  • Nationality:British

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

After this next reset (assuming we don't have a water world as Marko said :P) I am putting a compact, resource friendly Iron farm at the wilds hub to supplement iron production for the rails and other server builds.

To that end in a bid to organise myself I am putting a chest near the wilds portal on the main map with the stuff I need to build it.

The farm itself is quick and easy to build, however yesterday it took me something stupid like 8 hours to get the villagers I needed into both levels to get it running, so any assistance with populating it once it's done would be appreciated.

The farm produces ~50 ingots an hour, doesn't seem like much but thats more than 2 stacks of iron blocks a day and it will run 24/7 (as long as there is someone in the wilds)

#2 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Sounds great! I don't see the problem with a water world... Villagers can swim, right? :P Quick question, what design are you using? I remember seeing one design that used only one pocket, but the same number of golems. :)

For getting the villagers, what might work is if you just collected cobble and cleared out an entire section just below the surface, and then took out all the torches. That way you could run from end to end and hopefully they'd despawn/respawn and get a villager zombie.

Good luck! :D
There used to be something here..

#3 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

That't the one... single pocket... you can see it on the map out on my island, already got one running, but of course, someone has to be there for it to work.

Zombie Villagers in the wild (not the map) proved to be beyond my capability to capture over the too long I spent trying to.

#4 Chimera_Tech

Chimera_Tech
  • Tree Puncher

• 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I can handle getting the villagers for the farm. I have a few tricks which make capturing and curing zombie villagers much easier and can get it done relatively quickly.

#5 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

I can handle getting the villagers for the farm. I have a few tricks which make capturing and curing zombie villagers much easier and can get it done relatively quickly.

What are these 'tricks' you speak of? ;)
There used to be something here..

#6 Psarge

Psarge
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Well in the standard config they breed up to 14, however I had a screw around this morning, and added some temporary doors to both levels (which I have since removed) and got them to breed up to 24/25  which gives an extra chance of iron golems (goes in 10's apparently) I appeared to be getting a stack an hour going by the first hour after I did it, though it does seem they still come in fits and starts, like busses.  You can wait 15 minutes and not get a single one, and then 3 come at once, which actually just happened lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users