• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

The City is open for building shops or houses! ALL OF THE CITY :D YAAY

Just keep in mind, these will be YOUR builds. You can not use materials from Fort Knox to build anything in those areas, you must collect everything on your own!

The city building rules:

- You may not build or tear down any roads within the city without permission. 

- Your house may not be bigger than 20 x 20 (preferably smaller!) and no taller than 15 blocks. 

- Public service builds must be approved, and have logical purpose. 

- No grinders and automated farms what so ever within city limits. 

- No complex redstone what so ever, the exception is simple devices like doors. 

- No railways or tunnels may be built within the city, including underground. 

- Build to be aesthetically pleasing, not functional. SixtyCity is for show, not function. 

- You can claim your plot of land to build in within the city without asking, but you must intend to put an actual building there. 

- You are NOT required to build anything in SixtyCity, but it is encouraged to help the city grow. 

- Generally speaking, try to make your building somewhat blend in to the city. Don't do anything too off the wall. 

- No pixel art! 

- Basements can only be 2 floors deep maximum, meaning you can have a basement of reasonable basement size, but you can't just make a "reverse skyscraper" with a 20 floor basement to bedrock under a little 15x15 house. 

- Most rules are flexable to a degree, reasonable conditions will allow you to bend some of the above rules, but they are handled on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by a Veteran or the Admin.

cAmO5C4.png

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#2 InfernalFire

InfernalFire
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Nationality:South-African

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Thank you for that post :) Question though:

- Basements can only be 2 floors deep maximum, meaning you can have a basement of reasonable basement size, but you can't just make a "reverse skyscraper" with a 20 floor basement to bedrock under a little 15x15 house. 

2 floors... what does that mean? Does it mean 2 blocks deep or 2 areas deep in which you can stand? Meaning two 2 block height basement height, like a double story house almost (in reverse). Sorry I am a rule nut xD

Posted Image

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

It just means just can't dig huge basements to bedrock ;-) 2 floor 4 blocks tall should be fine

#4 Snugglequine

Snugglequine
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 193 posts
  • Nationality:Cornish

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Damnnit, there goes my plan of a small Netherbrick tower to use as a trading post >.>

#5 InfernalFire

InfernalFire
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 161 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Nationality:South-African

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

There goes the Dungeon of the Sacred Chicken idea I had :P

Posted Image

#6 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Dagnabbit, I forgot about the public service build approval. :P
Anyway, here goes: Can I keep my non-functional fish tank and hard-to-operate public semi-automatic fishfarm in the southeast quarter? :)
There used to be something here..

#7 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Damnit, there goes my idea for the graveyard.

Would anyone be horribly upset if i clear out a part of the forest around the eastern gate?  :diamond_axe_32px:

Posted Image

#8 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Oh no you should totally do the graveyard :-) uhm... I approve?

#9 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, once im sick of mining in Wilds, ill start cleaning out some trees and put up a boundary hedge north of the Central-East rail line :)

Posted Image

#10 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Quick question: where would I ask for approval for a public farm-thing? Should I PM Ray or one of the vets, or ask here?

In any case, I'm wondering if I can build a roadside villager trading post in the SW quarter. I already have one villager, I just need to transport him from where I caught him. It would be a small building, probably ~15 long and ~4 wide. I don't want them breeding, so I won't have any doors. (Just some doors to get it started, I'll remove them after.) The main theme would be sandstone, glass, and leaves, with a one-way slanted roof. :)

(PS: I'm still wondering about the forgot-to-ask approval for my auto-fishfarm and broken aquarium :P I can take the aquarium down and build a more suitable upstairs, since it ended up breaking.)

#11 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

Blu, that villager-in-a-box thingy in the city is empty....

Posted Image

#12 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Blu, that villager-in-a-box thingy in the city is empty....

Uh oh.. :o

I'll have to go check it later :/

Wonder what killed it.

#13 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

The city is all open! :D :D Thanks to some truly hard working people!

Dragoon > I have absolutly no idea, will have to ask Ray =)

#14 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Blu I edged past him late yesterday and he ermmmd at me. Creeper explosion perhaps?  8(

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#15 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Quick question: where would I ask for approval for a public farm-thing? Should I PM Ray or one of the vets, or ask here?

In any case, I'm wondering if I can build a roadside villager trading post in the SW quarter. I already have one villager, I just need to transport him from where I caught him. It would be a small building, probably ~15 long and ~4 wide. I don't want them breeding, so I won't have any doors. (Just some doors to get it started, I'll remove them after.) The main theme would be sandstone, glass, and leaves, with a one-way slanted roof. :)

(PS: I'm still wondering about the forgot-to-ask approval for my auto-fishfarm and broken aquarium :P I can take the aquarium down and build a more suitable upstairs, since it ended up breaking.)

Hey Drags, no villager farms in the city I'm afraid, the auto fish farm has to go too, though an aquarium is fine =) The city is for looks, not function

#16 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Hey Drags, no villager farms in the city I'm afraid, the auto fish farm has to go too, though an aquarium is fine =) The city is for looks, not function

Oh well! I'll kill the fish farm, I didn't realize that counted as against the rules. I'll also kill the aquarium; it really has no purpose since it kept eating the fish cycling through it. Back to the drawing board! :P

*Draws on the drawing board for a bit, decides I need 1.8 stone, goes back to mining.*

#17 Red_Letters

Red_Letters
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 76 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

My house turned out to be 28x13.  Hope that's ok.  It's only 364 square blocks, and 20x20 would be 400.  Anyways, making the long side 20 blocks wouldn't leave room for anything else to be built there.  My house is at 80, -120 if you want to check it out.  I think it's within the spirit of the building code, if not the letter.

Also built a little dock on the water.

#18 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

Looks really good Red :) Thanks for asking 

#19 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

Folks, if you are not using 100% half slabs on your roof, please light it.  Zombies and the rest pour off them otherwise!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#20 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

You can build all those zany ideas . . in YOUR area.  Sixty-City is , as Rosleen stated, for aesthetics mainly.

We can all have a reasonable sized home in the city that we can decorate and to add to the look of the city.

What we cannot do is create lag storms with redstone monstronsities, build titanic towers of evil or the underground city of Moria.

If you want those things, then stake out your territory outside of the city and build away.  And by away I mean FAR FAR away from me!

Common sense really, but there are always folks who seem to lack it.

IN short, you may build a house in the city.  You may not build a military-industrial complex!  Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users