#1 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Nationality:American

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

This has probably already been asked, but I hear tell a lot of people play instruments on this server (or they sing). What do you play/what voice part are you? I personally play trumpet, cello, piano, and I sing as a first soprano :)

#2 Snateraar

Snateraar
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 155 posts
  • LocationAnywhere near a comfy seat and a coffee machine
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Guitar!

I've been playing classical guitar for about three years now(Note: classical means classical music, not acoustic guitar :P) and I started with electrics a few months ago, which goes rather well so far.

I play in our school's band and we have done some simple pop songs and a few jam sessions, it's great fun :)

#3 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Guitar and bass off and on for the last 18 or so years. I'm not that good at either.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#4 LadySnoogicorn

LadySnoogicorn
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 339 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

I've played trumpet for close to ten years (as some of you know. :P). I would love to learn a string instrument one day, but who knows if that will ever come to pass.

#5 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I am a first soprano as well, though it has been awhile since I've been a part of a choir or music group besides the occasional karaoke night.  My range goes between first alto to first soprano, in groups I take on the first soprano role, individually I sound best at first alto, second soprano ranges.

I am somewhat self taught on the Piano, mostly so I had something to accompany my voice when I was practicing at home.  I'm not completely fluent on it, but love playing it whenever I can.

I would love to learn a string instrument as well.  I did figure out the major scale on a guitar once, but i'm not sure if I can repeat that move today..

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#6 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

I play both violin and piano, though I'm awful at it :P

There used to be something here..

#7 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm more second soprano/first alto. It depends how well I warm up. I can't join a choir because of working long shifts 24/7 but I would if I could. One of my favourite things in the world is singing with someone and finding the perfect harmony.

I also play the guitar, piano, trumpet, ukulele, recorder ;). I play the ukulele the most at the moment. Piano on and off.

I'd like to play the cello, banjo and piano REALLY well. Also wish my voice had been trained when I was younger.

I love music so much. Honestly I'm not sure how I'd cope in life without music.

#8 ananda11

ananda11
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workbench

• 373 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Nationality:Irish-German

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I know what you mean about coping without music, Mac. That old question of which major sense to lose if you had to: hearing or vision? And it isnt a contest for me, I would be lost w/o music. Visuals, I can always imagine, but even though I can hear a full song in my head it isnt the same as the response your body and mind get from all of the musical vibration. Oh, I play piano and ukelele.

#9 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

All these ukelele players! Fascinating... I had a friend who played it in music college. He would bring that thing EVERYwhere. Perfect size to slip in to a backpack and play between classes ;p

#10 xDragonGamingx

xDragonGamingx
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 137 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

I, as many others, play trumpet. I am in Jazz, Marching, and Symphonic bands, with Jazz being my favorite by far. I find Jazz and Blues music very fun to play and love listening to them. As far as singing, I am not very great :P Not sure what I am either...

#11 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

You play trumpet too? Trumpet partyyyy! Are you in college or high school level groups?

#12 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I play the Keyboard and am going to learn the violin at collage this year.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#13 Snateraar

Snateraar
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 155 posts
  • LocationAnywhere near a comfy seat and a coffee machine
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Lots of horn and string instrument players in here...Wow. 

#14 LadySnoogicorn

LadySnoogicorn
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 339 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

The real question is...do any of you play one of THESE instruments?

#15 DovahTech

DovahTech
  • Pip
  • Log

• 130 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain - Wales

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Am I the only drummer here? I feel alone :'(. I've played the standard rock kit for about 4 years now. I've played for a friend's examination in school and I'm doing the same again this month. 

Necessity is the mother of invention

#16 xDragonGamingx

xDragonGamingx
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 137 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Am I the only drummer here? I feel alone :'(. I've played the standard rock kit for about 4 years now. I've played for a friend's examination in school and I'm doing the same again this month. 

I do a bit of drumming on the side of playing trumpet. I know mostly basic rock beats and stuff. I also know quite a few rudiments :P

#17 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

I know what you mean about coping without music, Mac. That old question of which major sense to lose if you had to: hearing or vision? And it isnt a contest for me, I would be lost w/o music. Visuals, I can always imagine, but even though I can hear a full song in my head it isnt the same as the response your body and mind get from all of the musical vibration. Oh, I play piano and ukelele.

Exactly. I would be so lost without music. While I am torn with the vision or hearing dilemma (I hate not seeing with a passion) I would be devestated if I couldn't hear anymore.

Ukulele too, huh? It's a great instrument, so easy to transport and always makes life a bit more cheery.

#18 drowndjellyfish

drowndjellyfish
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 27 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

That condom bagpipe is slightly disturbing. I cannot imagine how that went down. "hum... I want to play a new instrument, I rather like playing the bag pipe! I KNOW!!! I will make a NEW bag pipe!.... Now what do I have, a sock... that wont work... a balloon? too mainstream! I KNOW! I haven't had sex in ages! Might as well use this old thing!" and the condom bag pipe was born... 

#19 ntnparasox

ntnparasox
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Marks3290 plays the drums too :) But seriously trumpet party.

#20 Fragedy

Fragedy
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

I play acoustic guitar and attempt to sing :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, ntnparasox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users