DrCrowtron
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Nationality:American

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

The next step for our transportation system is the redstone. Nekcalb is taking a break and Ray has delegated the task of implementing Nek's system to Ali (who will be taking a much needed wilds break) and yours truly. In the coming days I will be putting together a schematic for download in creative that will clarify the structure of the redstone system. I will also be tabulating the resources necessary to complete each and all stations. In the meantime, it would be sweet for anyone wanting to get redstoned to make it known unto the world in the fancy boxes below.

The sooner we get this done, the sooner Ray will give us our portals already.

Updated: 3/8/2014

The world download for the plans is available: http://sixtygig.com/.../RailSystem.rar

******IMPORTANT****** be sure to match the cardinal direction to the correct module plan!

DO NOT COPY BY COLOR, COPY BY CARDINAL DIRECTION USING DEBUG SCREEN (F3)

In terms of the build, I think it would be a good idea to use the wool color of the line for the redstone on each module of each station. This will ensure that if water or disorientation happens, recovery can easily occur.

WorldlyWalker was kind enough to let us use his map to track progress. I will also post who is working on what station if you post your claim on this thread.

60gStationsMastercopy_zps285a8a5e.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Station assignments:
FNW: Complete! (Captain_Marko, Crowtron)
NNW: Complete! (Mattdaddy2000)
FN: Complete! (WorldlyWalker)
NNE: Complete! (???)
FNE: Complete! (Oribloke)
WNW: Complete! (Crowtron, InvisibleFlame 7)
NW: Complete! (GreenishTroll)
N: Complete! (WordlyWalker)
NE: Complete! (GreenishTroll)
ENE: Complete! (Oribloke)
FW: Complete! (Captain_Marko, Crowtron)
W: Complete! (???)
C: Complete! (Crowtron)
E: Complete! (Oribloke, Pheonyxe5)
FE: Complete! (Oribloke)
WSW: Complete! (Crowtron)
SW: Complete! (Zellcos)
S: Complete! (HybridGenetiX, Crowtron)
SE: Complete! (HybridGenetiX, iliplayz)
ESE: Complete! (iliplayz)
FSW: Complete! (Crowtron)
SSW: Complete! (Crowtron)
FS: Complete! (Crowtron, InvisibleFlame7)
SSE: Complete! (iliplayz)
FSE: Complete! (trippwire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Materials list (some may vary)
Updated 3/9/14:

Spoiler

There may be some variance in terms of the size of stations. This will mean a customization may need to be made:

For outgoing rails the placement of the first rail detector is important because it auto-loads a cart after someone departs. I suggest reconfiguring the first portion of an outgoing rail to reflect Nek's original design so that wire plans don't have to change too much. However, as long as the detector is over the correct wire there shouldn't be problems. The pic below shows the important detector and the wire over which it can be placed.

Spoiler

There were quite a few questions about this and the direction (v. wool color) for wiring. I made a video to explain how to resolve thesei ssues:

Video update 1:
Spoiler

Updated 3/9/14:

Dealing with edges and corners: For now we will keep the stations at edges and corners capped. We can create all redstone for all four directions of each station, but we will not be setting a main line for the moment. Put in all of the redstone, but don't place the "main line" button to the left of the tunnel for grey and white lines. For now just cap off white and grey wool lines like this:

Spoiler

Updated update for 3/9/14 on 3/19/2014:

Original Post:

Below is a link to a video in which I propose a solution to the vendetta between cactus and our commercial carters. I also discuss a couple of issues I have come across (stone v. wood buttons, redstone lag, layout of the vault) and a couple mentioned in this thread (accessing the redstone, terminating tunnels for stations on the edge of the grid).

New Post:

There have been three options presented in terms of making the transpo-system inclusive of chest-carts. They all have pro's and con's (which will be left for you to decide). Based on discussions with the Vets and Raymundo, it appears that a clear one doe not emerge (though I think everyone has their favorites). After speaking with Ray, I think the best course of action would bet o allow all three of the designs to be used, with the one implemented to be decided by the redstone architect of any particulars station. There are YouTube videos of WW's and mine, and the third is by Ori who has posted a world download. Below is a quick description of each:

• WW design: Chestcarts trigger a comparator on the surface level of a station that redirects the track to the right of the arrival platform. Redstone is minimal, impact to the stations surface is greatest in this design. When applied as is, there is a risk of having a cart divert to cactus. with a modification I added it is impossible for a chestcart to ever get to cactus, but all chestcarts must be removed in order for the arrival track to be reset to default (i.e., a player will find himself or herself in the chestcart collection area).
  • Ori design: In a way similar to WW's design, chestcarts active a diversion rail that sends them off of the main line. Ori's design has a series of individual pods that can be filled by 1 chestcart. His method is to have a series of redstone torches and cartswitches that direct each additional chestcart to the next available pod. After testing it, th system appears to have a chance of a cart making it's way to cactus when multiple carts are on their way tot he station(lag can also do this, or cart disruption between cart entities). It is slightly more resource intensive than WWS' design, but the wiring is not all thatco mplex either. Also, it appears that the pods are tileable, andthe re can be as many pods as wanted.
  • Crowtron design: My design allows chestcarts to be stopped without diverting them in a different direction). It does this by registering a loaded chestcart through a hopper switches. The risk of a cart going into cactus is determined by the number of powered rails attached after the switch to the cactus. It is more likely that an entity overlap will occur sending the player and carts backward, f the player makes contact with the chestcarts. It is extremely unlikely that a chestcart will make its way to the cacti unless very overloaded. This design is the most resource intensive and complex of the three options (personally, it is also my least favorite). It may be an option for those needing to keep the platform completely flat.

Links to the resources for the options:

WorldlyWalker's Design video 1:

Spoiler

WorldlyWalker's Design video 2:
Spoiler

Worldlywaker's system is affected by the SW rule which changes the redstone ridiculously slightly:

South and East would look like this:
Spoiler

While North and West would look like this (WW's original configuration):
Spoiler

OriBloke's world download for his design:

Crowtron's Design video 1:
Spoiler

Crowtron's Design video 2:
Spoiler

Updated 3/19/2014:

Below is a link for a video that I made showcasing a completed station, discussing some issues that have come up, and some suggestions for those toiling away on their stations. It also demonstrates WW's design live on the server. Ori has completed a quarter of his station with his design implemented, so you can head over to the FE station to check it out if you'd like!

From this point, please choose a design for your station and implement it (b^_^)b

Spoiler

#2 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

If theres a scematic to follow, ill gladly lend a hand -AFTER- i complete building the very-much-in-the-works NNE station. Redstoning sounds like something you dont need to take five hours out of your day for.

Posted Image

#3 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

I guess *gulp* i'll help. 

I can follow a design but i won't understand it. ;) I'll for sure do my station though.

#4 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

I'm dumb with redstone, which is sad for me because I can do RL electronics - weird eh! Too old to learn a new trick possibly.

So if you need a labourer who tends to make mistakes, just shout and I'll be there.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#5 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

I'm happy to help as well, I haven't really worked with redstone, but I can learn quickly, and good at following plans if they are in place :D

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#6 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Count me in Crow. Give me the blueprint and some stations. We'll get it knocked out real quick.

#7 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'll help, once I get this end grinder made :P

Edit: I revoke that statement. I looked at the world download, and brains started leaking out of my ears.

There used to be something here..

#8 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Happy to do some digging :) don't trust me with the redstone

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#9 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I will do a bit

I like coffee!

#10 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

i'll help

#11 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

put me down for N and FN

I like coffee!

#12 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

I got south and south east

#13 trippwire

trippwire
  • PipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Workbench

• 341 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

FSE for now we'll see how that goes before i commit to others.

Also question, the destroyed carts go into trapped chests if i am looking at it correctly, so how do they go from the trapped chest to the dropper/dispenser tower? Or am i just confused?

#14 DrCrowtron

DrCrowtron
  • PipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Plank

• 244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

The chests are just for overflow Tripp :)

#15 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:15 AM

Looking at the plan, I'm sure Nek made the stations slightly larger so it may need adjstments to the first powered rail at the start of the tunnel.  Nek instisted this powered rail was placed at the first block of the tunnel.

I like coffee!

#16 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

I'll come help you Walker, show me where to dig

#17 Nekcalb

Nekcalb
  • Inactive
  • Retired Evildoer

• 1,138 posts
  • LocationCorn Field
  • Nationality:'merican

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

meh minecraft...

station redstonery eh? yea its all in my head yet, just reaching in and pulling it out with the inspiration to translate it so others can read my mind iis the problem.

Refusing to allow people to be paid less than a living wage preserves to us our own market. There is absolutely no use in producing anything if you gradually reduce the number of people able to buy even the cheapest products. The only way to preserve our markets is to pay an adequate wage. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#18 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Dont worry Nek, just sit down and well take care of it.

Doctor Crow? We need the -big- brain extractor for this one!

Posted Image

#19 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

Look at the download world Ros, it will give you an idea of the space required under the station. North station is a bit dangerous with 2 cave spider spawners below it.
I like coffee!

#20 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

I shall wear my best armor ^^