Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

Holy circuits Crowman, I am in awe. I'll dig holes, if someone who has bagged a station needs a daft serf please pm me as to when you are likely to work on it, I am GMT time zone.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#22 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

OK,  NE is close to me, I'm feeling like challenge, and since this is an underwater station, and water + redstone = bad, I'll take this one on,  - but first I want to ask if Psarge wants to do it since he did the station.  I can see where a station builder might want to do the redstone since it may require a little modification to the station.

Psarge?  Here's you chance, let me know if you want to do NE, I wouldn't mind.

It looks to me like the underwater station complication will require the building of an air jacket around the tunnels coming into the station to protect the redstone.  Would it be cool and still esthetically ok to make this with glass so you can see the redstone as you come through the tunnel?  I am not sure myself since normally you try to hide redstone circuitry.

Otherwise, I will be relying more on my copy skills than on my understanding of redstone, but that is the way I always do my modest redstone projects and it is has worked so far.  Thanks Crow for the exellent map template.  I fired it up and in a short time I had a skeleton riding around in one of the carts.  Clearly the mobs like it.

#23 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

That thought just crossed my mind about the challenge of an underwater station, I don't think anone would fight you for them :)

I like coffee!

#24 BobTWC

BobTWC
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 149 posts
  • LocationKettering, Ohio
  • Nationality:American

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I shall wear my best armor ^^

That's the chainmail bikini with the furry boots and horned helmet, right?

Tea or Coffee?

Toffee!!

#25 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

We need more people on this :) It's alot of work to do a station, and the more hands the better! Sign up people! I suggest doing it in teams of two or something like it :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#26 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

This week has turned out to be rather busy for my little business, so I'm not sure how much time I will have to minecraft much. 

That being said, I would like to volunteer for the E station to work on when I am able to.  It would be beyond helpful to me if someone was willing to dig out the redstone trenches, and/or help with the redstone programming, it would go much quicker and I would be extremely grateful.

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#27 simonparnell

simonparnell
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Coal

• 642 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'll take NE station

Posted Image

#28 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

I'm happy to help. Gives me an excuse to learn RS. I'll take FS.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#29 Serlin3

Serlin3
  • Pip
  • Log

• 156 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Ha ha, I'd like to help - but have to admit I have no idea what anyone is talking about.  I couldn't even get that World download thingy (link from OP) working - just a bunch of weird looking files and folders in a pop-up window for me.  Do I need some kind of specific software program to run/read them?

About the only thing I've understood in this thread so far is that, 1) we need people to chip in and help work and, 2) there is a map of the stations that people can get their name assigned to.  Other than that, I'm spinning my wheels here.  :)  Actually, corollary point - what are all these red stone machinations supposed to do?  I thought the current rail/station system was pretty darn good as is - does it get significantly better post-Operation Redstone?  Do we travel at warp speed or is their some kind of crazy auto-destination capability?  There appears to be a ton of work here - what does it allow? 

Anyway, I'll try to help - hopefully I can log in and just go help people who know what they're doing.  Looking forward to learning some stuff about redstone! 

#30 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Pop that snazy folder in your mc save game folder and use it in single player! 8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#31 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Serlin, it apparently automatically breaks, stores, and replaces minecarts. Im assuming theres also a bit about connecting private lines in there, but i havent seen the blueprints yet.

De world download is a MC game save file, so you can open that with minecraft after dumping the package in your save folder.

Posted Image

#32 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Ha ha, I'd like to help - but have to admit I have no idea what anyone is talking about.  I couldn't even get that World download thingy (link from OP) working - just a bunch of weird looking files and folders in a pop-up window for me.  Do I need some kind of specific software program to run/read them?

About the only thing I've understood in this thread so far is that, 1) we need people to chip in and help work and, 2) there is a map of the stations that people can get their name assigned to.  Other than that, I'm spinning my wheels here.   :)  Actually, corollary point - what are all these red stone machinations supposed to do?  I thought the current rail/station system was pretty darn good as is - does it get significantly better post-Operation Redstone?  Do we travel at warp speed or is their some kind of crazy auto-destination capability?  There appears to be a ton of work here - what does it allow? 

Anyway, I'll try to help - hopefully I can log in and just go help people who know what they're doing.  Looking forward to learning some stuff about redstone! 

Serlin, from what I understand is that the redstone is for personaly connections to the station, as any rails you build from your home on the map are only allowed to connect to the stations, and this redstone set up will allow that to happen.

As far as opening the file, it is a world save.  I got it to work by creating a new folder within the "saves" file in the .minecraft folder.  I then extracted all the contained information into that new folder (I named it 60g Redstone).  All you need to do then is open minecraft, go to single player, and it should be listed as one of you singleplayer saved files at that point.

And as far as help, if you don't feel comfortable with the redstone bits, many could also use help with just getting the pits dug that will hold all of the redstonery, which you can see how big those need to be in the world save, and the layout for each station.

I hope that helps out!!

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#33 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Crow, are the lamps mandatory? Well need to adjust a lot of stations for them :P

Posted Image

#34 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

The lamps indicate which track is selected

I like coffee!

#35 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

I'll take NE station

Hi Simon, if you don't mind, I asked to do NE first please.  It was only tentative in the sense that I was offering Psarge the option of doing it since he built the station and given that it is undewater some significant adjustmentswill be needed  If it is agreeable, Crow could you put my name on it?

#36 Oribloke

Oribloke
  • PipPip
  • Veteran
  • Plank

• 238 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

I'll do Far East.

#37 Red_Letters

Red_Letters
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I'd like to sign up for the Far East station.  I don't know how to use the .rar though.  Any chance of getting an MCEdit schematic?

Nevermind - just saw Ori requested Far East.  I'll take ESE.

#38 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Crow, thank you for that excellent video. My god even when you are tired, you explained so well. Unfortunately, I feel my brain being fried when I try and follow along. I wish I could deliver something so articulate even when I'm rested. I must digress from the redstone part of the project. Please take my name off the list. It's best I stay away from redstone for now at least. I still will offer my help. I will help dig. Pear me up and I'll help dig next time I log on. Red stone is just not my bag. :/

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#39 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

I don't know how to use the .rar though.  Any chance of getting an MCEdit schematic?

rar is a compressed file format ( just like zip ). The file contains the saved MC world with the redstonery ( i assume, since i haven't opened it yet ).

Nevermind - just saw Ori requested Far East.  I'll take ESE.

I would be happy to help with the ESE as well ( which is an underwater station and imho is going to be a gigantic pain to dig ...)

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#40 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

Yes its an MC world save, there are several answers to this question in the thread already.  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users