• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Equinox55

Equinox55
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Oh Rosleen, V for Vendetta is definitely on my top. You know, I never have actually taken the time to figure out 10 movies that I've liked.... lets see..... Well, I guess for me it comes in waves, I like movies for a time and then I move on when I've over-watched them one too many times haha XD . I do however tend to like comedies and action/asian flicks. Unbreakable, OngBak the Thai Warrior, House of Flying Daggers, the Last Samurai, all those tend to be things I like and watch again from time to time. 

I just finished watching 22 Jump Street the other week, it was Hilarious! I recommend the movie to anyone looking for a movie that makes your face hurt from smiling  :jack_o_lantern_32px:

#42 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

I just had to revive this thread, after having watched this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/...rds?ref_=tt_awd

So worth watching - do it!

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#43 nopartyhorse

nopartyhorse
  • PipPip
  • Applicant
  • Plank

• 282 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Its so hard to make a list... Movies that let me feel things without risk is a big plus. Here some of my favorites in different categories.t

1. Shawshank redemption (seen it mention alot, but its unmatched).

2. Chocolate (for the romance and food).

3. Ratatouille(cartoon)

4. The Snowpiercer (post apocalyptic)

5. The Cloud Atlas (I don't know what genre it is, but its one of those movies where you follow several persons, and they are in some way connected).

And i am sure i could debate 5-10 other great movies to be on my top list. :) Thanks for reviving this one Ros, I must have missed it, when scanning the old uns'

#44 Sms2697

Sms2697
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

I don't really have much of a list, not really much of a movie person. However, I watched The Grey last night and it is by far my favorite movie so far.

#45 robplusplus

robplusplus
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 279 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:48 PM

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta has that rare quality in that it was simultaneously a very good movie and a completely crap adaptation of a truly seminal and brilliant graphic novel (the author of the graphical novel removed his name from the movie credits, so yeah). Say the word and I will e-mail anyone a digital backup of the original. It's a moderate dense read but it delivers.

#46 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta has that rare quality in that it was simultaneously a very good movie and a completely crap adaptation of a truly seminal and brilliant graphic novel (the author of the graphical novel removed his name from the movie credits, so yeah). Say the word and I will e-mail anyone a digital backup of the original. It's a moderate dense read but it delivers.

I've read it, and I vastly prefer the film ;)

#47 Tgb1

Tgb1
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 67 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

It's hard to make a top ten of movies. I tend to either like a movie or dislike it. Adventure, animation (no anime) and fantasy usually work quite well with me.

?) Lord of the Rings / the Hobbit

?) Indiana Jones (also prefer 'the Last Crusade' over the others)

?) Brave

?) Gladiator

?) The hurt locker

?) Titanic

?) Wizard of Oz, the great and powerful

?) Cars/Panes

?) The Lone Ranger

?) Harry Potter

And loads more.

#48 stophix

stophix
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 118 posts
  • LocationUtopia
  • Nationality:Swiss

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

stanley-kubrick-20090607-513747.jpg

This guy made some good stuff.

Albert, mein Freund

ich wünscht es gäb nen Ort

es gäb nen Ort mit zwei Charlotten dort

ein jeder von uns nicht allein

und endlich wieder Freunde sein

#49 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2194499/

Only just watched this one, but i had to share it with you all. I have to readjust my top 10 again :)

#50 kazooki

kazooki
  • Tree Puncher

• 55 posts
  • LocationRome
  • Nationality:Thai

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

1. La Vita è Bella 

2. Lord of the Rings trilogy

3. The Hobbit

4. The Theory of Everything

5. Star Trek: First Contact

6. The Wind Rises

7. Howl's Moving Castle

8. Porco Rosso

9. Castle in the sky

Interstellar would've been on this list if I watched it, sadly I haven't watched it yet but I heard that it was really good, really deep, and very realistic.

#51 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Ahh I actually watch more TV shows than actual movies, buuut:

1) The Hobbit

2) Big Hero 6

3) The Avengers

4) Guardians of the Galaxy

5) Interstellar (It was really good! I cried like 4 times lol)

6) How to Train Your Dragon

7) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I've definitely gotta watch some Studio Ghibli movies when I have time!

#52 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

It is amazing what a person's favourite movies can reveal about him or her. I read through everybody's list so far and I saw some that would be on my top 10 and then again, some that I wouldn't put in my top 100 :)

Generally my favourite movies are the types that make us feel, think, or reflect after the movie is done. Movies that speak to the human condition also interest me, hence my love of the Star Trek TV series. You will note, however, that none of the Star Trek movies made my list though hah. Ok here is my list:

1. Schindler's List 1993

2. Shawshank Redemption 1994

3. Crash 2004

4. Amadeus 1984

5. The Pursuit of Happyness 2006

6. Full Metal Jacket 1987

7. Good Will Hunting 1997

8. American History X 1998

9. Forrest Gump 1994

10. The Matrix 1999

#53 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

4. Amadeus 1984

Raymadin,

You have my vote. Amadeus is the only movie in my collection practically that I can't get rid of.

Don't listen to what anyone else sais....who drinks tea! Who needs tea....teaaaa.....we like parties! Don't we!

.....And I didn't know that 'music' like that was possible!.....My father hasn't exactly given us 'consent' to get married...but in my mind...why don't we just have '3' heads? ....I ask...."Hare Zumer! But the man's a fool! A total mediocrity!"......And you expect them to judge my work! Well....I won't"

LOL just remembering some quotes. ;)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#54 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

Those are some memorable quotes InvisibleCat007 :)

Ahh yes Amadeus :) I think I actually know every line from that movie. I recognize all those quotes!!

Oh this might interest you: you know how the character of Emperor Joseph II says "well . . . there it is!" and also "mm hmm"

Well that somehow became things I started to say too lol. I still do the "mm hmm" thing even today.

That was the film that got me interested into classical music and opera. Since seeing that movie, I have been to two operas: The Magic Flute and Don Giovanni. I enjoyed Don Giovanni much more though.

What is your favourite scene from that movie? Mine is the Commendatore scene

#55 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

ha ha h This is so fun!

Are you a 'clone' of me by chance? I believe in 'clones'. I see clones of celebrities all the time. ;).....I can't say I have been to a Mozart opera...but have listened to audio most my life. Probably the only music that brings tears to my eyes. Yes Magic Flute has to be my favorite. I have them all on CD. However it is still a great ambition of seeing them live.

Favorite scene.....it's hard to pick one. This one was always one of my favorites:

https://youtu.be/QQpH_FL93zE

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#56 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:21 AM

Oh yes that dog scene haha. Wow you found a very good quality link too. The costumes look amazing in that high def.

I really need to re-watch the movie again in better quality. I think i saw it on VHS ....

I am not sure if I'm a clone of you. Highly doubt that. I do like cats too though. But still doubtful :P

#57 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

Yah that is the directors cut version. It's beautiful.

Raym,

Have you seen ...I think it's called 'The Red Violin'?

#58 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Raym,

I haven't seen that movie. I actually had never heard of it. I looked it up and it looks like it would interest me... thanks :) I plan to watch it now soon.

Do you ask because you are recommending it?

#59 Marek202

Marek202
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 57 posts
  • LocationWindsor Ontario
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

Top ten favorites is a tough one for sure.

Ok in no particular order

Blade Runner

The Matrix

Back to the Future II

Men in Black

Terminator II

Christmas Vacation

Planes Trains and Automobiles

O Brother Where Art Thou

Young Frankenstein

Shawshank Redemption

Blast from the Past

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Usual Suspects

The Game

It's a Wonderful Life

Oh sorry I can't count! And Yes I AM a SciFi junkie

#60 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

Raym,

I haven't seen that movie. I actually had never heard of it. I looked it up and it looks like it would interest me... thanks :) I plan to watch it now soon.

Do you ask because you are recommending it?

I ask because it calls something deep in my heart. It reminds me of what I am.

* A  mind........that recognizing nothing but ......beauty. They call it 'genius'... but that is insulting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users