Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

There are still a few bits left to do on our amazing, serverwide, trainsystem! Not much, but bits and pieces here and there.

The following list is what I know of, but please do add if you know/see more we're missing:

To do:

WNW -> FNW Lighting (the currnet one is temporary)

I encourage anyone up for it to go ahead :D Be it Limbonians or Ray! (poke Ray Poke)

We're so very close to being finished.
Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#2 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I have a couple things to add that I've noticed so far ;) :
NW station bottom design (I might be able to do this, I'll have to see how the top goes). Redstone and top is being worked on by GT and me, respectively.

The entrances/exits from the city need work, it's currently pretty ugly.

Edit: Both are done!

Also, I've done some testing, and in 1.8 adding a single powered rail at the end of the current one increases the speed by 50%. I can't quite remember, but it saves a minute or two. Anyways, the gold cost isn't large at all, about 8 blocks for an entire line. (Thanks to wolf's gold farm, I have enough gold to do half of the entire system :P) It'd be pretty cool to gradually add another powered rail, as the main users of that line see fit.

There used to be something here..

#3 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I have a couple things to add that I've noticed so far ;) :
NW station bottom design (I might be able to do this, I'll have to see how the top goes). Redstone and top is being worked on by GT and me, respectively.

I needed to remove the existing floor in NW station to give me the pit ht I need for the redstone.  I added some stone block at track level just so you can get around, but did not fill in the full floor pending the design of the lower station.

#4 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

I've got dibs on WNW design. I see now that it needs built. Since I'm already digging out the RS, I'll just go ahead and build the station minus the rs work.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#5 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

As far as this "to-do", station WNW is now complete. I'm just putting some finishing touches on the station that involves one of coolest 'minecaches' that no one's heard of. :D

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#6 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

I've noticed in my travels that West Station doesn't have a cactus system set up yet.

Also, it's not technically a rail thing but since it's meant to be in the station... I can't find a Nether Portal at SSW. It might just be me, but I've looked everywhere inside and out.

#7 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

Also, it's not technically a rail thing but since it's meant to be in the station... I can't find a Nether Portal at SSW. It might just be me, but I've looked everywhere inside and out.

I had the same problem finding it ... It's sort of "hidden" in the top floor, you have to follow the carpet stairs up.

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#8 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Thanks, Ili. I'll have a hunt when I'm next online. Maybe it will need a sign or two.

#9 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

I finished the redstone and local lines for NNW. It's a little awkward in spots but it was my first time. If I was doing another stations redstone I think I could make it look a little better.

I've noticed that W station needs redstone and local lines put in. I'd be up for it but not just yet (after NNW I want a bit of a break from under water work). I also noticed that NNE is unfinished and progress has stalled pretty much since I joined the server. The redstone is just missing some little bits, the station lower interior isn't quite finished, and the upper hasn't been started at all. In the forums it says Raz is doing that station. Is he (I'm assuming Raz is a he) still on the server? I'd love to have a chance to do a station upper.

#10 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Matt, I would recommend PMing Raz about taking over building the station, I'm sure he wouldn't mind since he hasn't been around as much since his move a couple months ago, though I do see him pop by the forums regularly so I'm sure he would see the PM.

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#11 RazendeR

RazendeR
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 141 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, Netherlands
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Raz /is/ in fact popping by regularly here, so not only did he get the PM, but he actually found this post as well :P

Matt, i'm sorry, but i'd like to keep NNE design reserved for myself, considering it is not impeding portal opening or vital server functions (iirc, redstone is functional save for the then much disputed cart systems) and i've got the build planned already. (NB: its also the only station by my design, if i had multiple i'd gladly have shared this one.)

I'll be returning to MC/60gig in about 3-4 weeks (and dear dog, i sure can use the leisure time!)

Posted Image

#12 mattdaddy2000

mattdaddy2000
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 84 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

That's cool. Never hurts to ask😉.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users