ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
  • Nationality:British

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

Anyone else play? I REALLY want to get in to it more, but lack the equipment to go deeper... such a noob  :(  :P

#2 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

I have played. Mostly found official servers to be full of trash. Compounded by the fact that development on this particular game has ceased. The successor would very much appear to be Starbound.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#3 Snateraar

Snateraar
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 155 posts
  • LocationAnywhere near a comfy seat and a coffee machine
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

I liked to play it, but only in multiplayer with friends.. Haven't played it in a while, but I remember it being really fun :/

#4 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

I played it for a bit. Just single player, though. I ended up going into 'hard mode' or whatever it was called, and quit because the rainbows took over my base :P Just a bit too stressful for me, having to constantly fight the corruption and the rainbows to keep my world in order.
There used to be something here..

#5 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

I don't recall the developer ceasing updates... but I may be wrong  :|

I do like it, as it reminds me a lot of Minecraft, but it does come across as a bit of a grind when trying to get the best stuff and gather resources...

#6 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

I do like it, as it reminds me a lot of Minecraft, but it does come across as a bit of a grind when trying to get the best stuff and gather resources...

Indeed; the first one directly references Starbound as well:

http://www.terrariao...rrarians.81455/

http://www.terrariao...ans-pt-2.82165/

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#7 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Indeed; the first one directly references Starbound as well:

http://www.terrariao...rrarians.81455/

http://www.terrariao...ans-pt-2.82165/

I stand corrected! However, Starbound looks to be equally as good, may be something to play on when I get the MediaBeastâ„¢ completed, as my laptop is in need of a geriatric home or a much needed upgrade.

#8 Morfelin

Morfelin
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 47 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have played Terraria a lot with some of my friends, and it can be a lot of fun! A lot of fun until of course you get to the harder parts of the game. Then you are just constantly battling monsters and fighting your way through caves to get resources for better armor. Seems like every time I play that game, me and my friends are in a race to see who can get the best armor faster than the other guy. One tip to going deeper is to just make a tunnel straight down and have the wooden platforms to hop your way back every so often. Eventually you will get a special shoe that negates fall damage and you can get rid of the platforms all together. Also, grappling hooks are useful when you start out, and once you get a magic mirror you can just teleport back to the surface. 

As for Starbound, I have only played it once or twice. I liked it to a degree, but I am still sold with Minecraft. Can't say I would play Starbound regularly, but if the future updates make it undeniably fantastic I might consider playing again. It didn't impress me the same way Minecraft did. If you are into the building aspect of these games I would suggest checking out "Space Engineers," It's sort of like a space version of Minecraft where you just make ships and mine asteroids for resources. Again, future updates are needed, but it seems promising. Plus it is in 3-D which is something I tend to prefer. 

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

#9 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Also don't discount StarMade.

#10 Morfelin

Morfelin
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 47 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NM

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Actually haven't tried that one yet, but I just checked out a trailer for it and it seems really neat. How much does the download cost?

Edit: Oh nvm I read on a forum that it is in alpha and currently free to play!

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

#11 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

StarMade looks to be promising... I shall be keeping my eye on that one!

#12 qw0x

qw0x
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 210 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North
  • Nationality:Moose

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

Yeah, Starmade looks very cool! I really enjoy Terraria myself but I haven't played in the 1.2.4 update yet. BTW Terraria's development was halted for a period of time, but development has since resumed. 1.2.4.1 came out just over 3 weeks ago terraria.gamepedia.com/Version_history
And a 1.3 update is planned.

I do enjoy playing to reach top tier gear most of the time but there are some fun mini games too: Has anyone here ever played 'capture the gem'?
The word 'onomatopoeia' is an onomatopoeia because it's derived from the sound that is made when the word is spoken aloud.

#13 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

No, what's that about?

#14 qw0x

qw0x
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 210 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

It's a game for two team, and it has two parts - a resource gathering period, and a capture the flag/battle period.

More info here: terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Capture_the_Gem

The word 'onomatopoeia' is an onomatopoeia because it's derived from the sound that is made when the word is spoken aloud.

#15 qw0x

qw0x
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 210 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

For those who are interested in playing some terraria, I would gladly set up a server for us to mess around on, and maybe play some minigames.
It would just be a temporary server running off of my computer, but if enough people have some interest in it, I'd be happy to do it.
Tell me if you're interested and what activities you'd like to do and we can try it out!

#16 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm up for it!

#17 qw0x

qw0x
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 210 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

There's one! Anyone else interested?

#18 Snateraar

Snateraar
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 155 posts
  • LocationAnywhere near a comfy seat and a coffee machine
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I am!

Haven't played it in a loooong time(year or something?) but I'd love to pick it up again with some company around :L

#19 qw0x

qw0x
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 210 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

I just realized a wee setback: I was going to suggest a time to play, but then I realized that you guys are in different time zones.

Sadly 7:00pm where I am is Midnight in England and 1:00am in the Netherlands!

What time of day Is good for you? I'll try to fit my schedule around it.

#20 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

6pm onwards is good for me most days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users