#1 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts
  • Nationality:British

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

The development section seemed applicable for this, at least imo. I wish to propose two new forum sections and gauge interest. They are:

1. Hardware
  2. Programming & Software Design

It may well be that they are far to generic/broad to begin with. Opinions please :)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#2 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Well, as I see it this is more a 'community oriented' forum, so at least IMO, it'd be best to stick with forums everyone can take part in. Your proposed forums seem a bit too specific to one field, and since we have a lot of people doing a lot of different things it'd probably not fit in as well as it would other forums (where there are relatively large groups of people staying in their own forums for the most part, and as a side effect the communities are vastly different in each). :)

We've only got a few people here, so it would probably just be a single group of people talking about the same sort of stuff.
It'll probably be better just to make a topic or two for discussion in the off topic section.

Just my opinion of course, and others might have other ideas :D
There used to be something here..

#3 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 584 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

I dunno, I kind of like the hardware idea. It'd be interesting to hear what others are running in their systems, or posting something they've read that's soon to hit the market, or even help with troubleshooting problems someone is having.

#4 Rayvolution

Rayvolution
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • Retired Admin

• 1,870 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

That's pretty much what the Public/Off-Topic forums are for. :D

There's not quite a large enough demand for an entire forum dedicated to them, even with all the talking we do about them.

sig.png

#5 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts
  • Nationality:British

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

Reasonable.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users