kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 584 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Nationality:American

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

I had told a few of you recently in game, so now I will let the rest of the community know. About 2 weeks ago I had made a decision that has been weighing on me for a really long time. I was getting to a place personally I didn't want to be and was starting to become depressed and it stemmed from my job and affected my family as well. So I quit my job. We are currently making minor renovations to our house and getting ready to sell it and on August 2nd we will be moving to Ohio, where my parents are, so I can be closer to help take care of my father as he is having some major health problems, which worrying about him added to my depression.

Since quitting, I feel as if a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders and the support I've gotten from family as well as friends has boosted me in so many ways, I haven't felt this good in a long, long time.

What does the future hold for me here? Well I'm not sure. Once we arrive in Ohio we will be staying with my parents, temporarily of course, until I can get another job and we can get a place to live. So I'm not sure how much game time I will be able to afford, but I should definitely be able to check in, at least for awhile.

I feel as a community I should let you all know in case I happen to disappear for awhile you all will at least know what happened to ol' kanight. This community is the best and I consider all of you as close friends even though we have never met IRL.

I will try to get in as much game time that I can before the move so you all should still see me for another week or 2. Maybe I can get some more done on my project before then. LOL!

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

#2 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Sounds like these changes are going to be good for you and your family, Kevin. :) 

Best of luck, with everything, and well wishes to your father!

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

Sure sounds like you've made the right kinda change :D Not everyone are that brave!

Whatever and where ever, we'll still be here waiting for you ;)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Who?  Doing what?  Going where? . . . . WHO?

Don't wake me up for this again!!   I was having a nice dream about when Ray used to play Minecraft and I encased him in dirt while he was AFK , , , totally worth the lightning burns!

Be careful out there little KKI!  That RL stuff can be crazy!  Prayers, meditations, warm thoughts and totally secular and in no way religious nerve firings for you and your family!

Now beat it! :P

#5 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
  • Nationality:British

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Damn, sounds like some major RL crap, but glad it's heading in the right direction for you bud. Sucks about your Dad, and I send my best wishes to him.

Even though I don't think we've had chance to talk much in-game, I really hope things work themselves out for you, and I hope you find some inner peace.

Take care.

#6 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

I hope everything goes smoothly with your relocation and your family.
Take care and good luck.

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#7 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

Sounds like this will be much needed change. Good luck with your endeavors, and I hope life gets better quickly! :)
There used to be something here..

#8 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

I feel you Kevin about your dad. It sounds like you made a wise change of things to be closer to him. And who needs a job that you are miserable with anyway! Take care and we'll see you around hopefully! :)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#9 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

A good decision, that you feel good about! Couldn't be better 8)  I've been there and done that, the sky suddenly seems more blue, the grass greener...

Every crisis is an opportunity has been my maxim for decades, suits me fine as I seem to attract criseseses crisises crisi trouble!

Thinking of you all 8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#10 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Nothing quite like arriving at this kind of realization in life. Even better when one can find the strength to actually act upon it and make the change. Seems you passed an important lesson! You'll always be a stronger person from now on, but you know that right.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#11 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 584 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words, they are much appreciated! :)

#12 kanight_kanievil

kanight_kanievil
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 584 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Today is the last day for packing and loading up the truck, we head out early tomorrow morning for a 14 hour drive, ugggh. I had hoped I could have gotten in more game time, but with working on the house and then my daughters car again I just couldn't find time. I will be setting my system up at my mom and dad's so I should be able to get on in a couple days. So I hope to see you all then. Ta ta for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users