robplusplus
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 279 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hey everybody! I'm robplusplus, Minecrafter and recent inductee into the SixtyGig menagerie. After a twisted journey and a unanimously warm welcome, I've arrived on your shores and am delighted with what I've experienced thus far.

After an admittedly incomplete wander through SixtyCity, I was impressed by the lack of a rigid plot/grid system and by the use of natural features. I had found what I hope to be my city build site but clumsy chasm hopping and fending off an ensemble cast of fiends with a steak left me hopelessly lost, followed by dead. Eh, I'll find it again, right?

Once I reach that ill-defined point of self-sufficiency, I'll be in the market for a group project. Call me crazy but there's something about multiple creative forces, styles, and ideas colliding and collaborating that brings my Minecraft experience to the next level. Any thoughts?

#2 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

Personally I'm.. uhm... uhm.. not great at working with people? ;) I tend to get a little too bossy, so I mainly build my things alone. I love the idea of people doing group projects though! We did a sculpture garden, where people can put up little art pieces, so I suppose that's sorta a group project :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#3 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

I'm game for a group project (As soon as I get my laptop back) but the question is what?

Anyone else?
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#4 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts
  • Nationality:British

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

I've been looking to start an Agile/Scrum project off on here for some time now. Are we up for trying that?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#5 robplusplus

robplusplus
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 279 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I've been looking to start an Agile/Scrum project off on here for some time now. Are we up for trying that?

You made me google AND you made me learn. This will not be forgotten. *follows Nulu through a powerful lens*

I'm certainly up for this, although how many of us would we need to benefit from a sub-team-based approach?

More questions...would this project's aim be function or art? If we opt for function, is there something we could create that would satisfy any of the community's needs? Do such needs exist? It's still early days for me so I don't have any insight into these questions yet, but others might (entice, entice, entice).

#6 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

By any chance do you guys have a Google hangouts?

It would make it fair easier to chat about than over the forums, just PM them to me and I'll set it up later.
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#7 Nuluvius

Nuluvius
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 271 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

You made me google AND you made me learn. This will not be forgotten. *follows Nulu through a powerful lens*

Filling one's skull with new knowledge and concepts is often good for the general longevity of one's mental health :P

I'm certainly up for this, although how many of us would we need to benefit from a sub-team-based approach?

In answer to your first question, we don't need many more than 2 or 3 minimum to qualify for an effective Scrum team. If we pursue this we must of course decide on who will be acting as the Scrum Master and Product Owner/s/Steak Holder/s.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#8 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

As a group would we be the product holders seeing as we chose what we are planing on building?

Scrum master should be someone who understands how this whole thing works (Ruling out me) and has a decent understanding of building and has experience in both.

I don't really understand this whole thing aside from a quick google search.

Also ideas for the project?
I'm a cat now, how odd.

#9 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Since you requested it . . . . YOU CRAZY!

And yes, Rosleen is waaaaay too bossy! :P

#10 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

You love me Renic ;)

#11 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

@ plusplus,

I like your idea of 'creative forces coliding'. I tend to like using my creativity (besides in building) to create adventure and games within Minecraft. For axample "geocaching in Minecraft" is an active but slow project I've been working on in the server. And I like other ideas too. Some of us have been tossing around the idea of a horse track.

I'm sure if I had more time for MC my mind would run away with other ideas as well. The modular nature of MC allows one to create experiences or games within the game. It's wonderful! It's no wonder there are so many mods that do just that!

Playing well with others....that's it's own issue. I think we need to find something enough of us share interest in together.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#12 robplusplus

robplusplus
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 279 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

"geocaching in Minecraft"

You just got yourself an ally. I've done geocaching elsewhere and loved it. PM me and we'll hide chests under geological landmarks.

#13 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

I would love to see a well-done 'geocaching in minecraft'. Being a geocacher for 13 years now.

<Profound statement>

#14 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

There a few on the map already :) sadly on of them has been subject to me terraforming, but Zac still managed to find it, after I dug a few holes..

#15 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'm dreaming of another horse race track....   bigger, better, twisty.....   such fun we had in that short time before the great Mojang decreed that the world was to be made new. Again.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#16 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

I've been planning on building a horse track just haven't had many ideas.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#17 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

I'd be happy to collaborate with someone on a horse track idea/build... I'd like to contribute to our fine community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users