GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Nationality:USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

I think we have stalled a bit on completing the rail system.   I know I have, one of the problems being that resource donations kind of dried up, so any builder needs to gather supplies too.  I'm feeling a bit energized again and thought of doing some more.  We need an updated to do list.  I'll start, can others add to it and let's see if we can knock some of them out?

Update: Below is a verified list of things to do and who is doing them

UPDATE: All major work done.  Rail system fully functional. 

DONE: ENE-FNE - needs bridge or supports over water.  Track lighting in this section also needs completed, supports needed for northern half of line.

GreenishTroll

DONE: WNW-FNW - install track lighting.  (IMO overhanging trees need to be cleared from the line to finish mob proofing)

Captain Marko

DONE: FNW Station - needs redstone installed.  Has been dug out for redstone.

Crowtron

FW Station - low on minecarts

FW-W line, light level falls to 5 just before going down into station, x=-2134, met a zombie there.  A glowstone or two here would be good.

DONE: WNW Station - needs redstone installed, has been dug out.

Crowtron

FS-SSW line - the World's Longest Covered Bridge has dubious (i.e., none) supports.  Perhaps the builder used high strength steel.  At any rate, I think it violates the mandate of no unsupported structures on the railway.  This is offered as my opinion only.  Not a dictate for action.

SSE Station - Redstone access pretty hard to spot since the doors are the same sandstone.  If you don't happen to spot the sign you'll never find it.  If I had the mats I would have added some more signs to it - players need to be able to easily find it to get a cart for example if things go wrong.

S-SW line has torch lighting.  Is that the final intention or temporary until glowstone could be added?

Central-E line  - there is an illegal connection at x=1338.  Connections to the rail lines are to be at stations only.  qwox, is this your doing?

FE-ENE line, first tunnel after leaving FE station, mobs are able to drop down and get on track at right side of tunnel, a creeper came down to greet me there.  More fencing?  x4001, z-290

NNW-FN - torches have been placed between each flowstone light, probably rightly so - someone figuredd out that with the light spacing as it is the light level falls low enough for mob spawning.  Should we just put glowstone near where the iron supports are for all the lines?

#2 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Is there a list of materials still needed? I'd be happy to help with that,  but I'm not entirely sure what needs to be gathered.

There used to be something here..

#3 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
  • Nationality:British

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'd be happy to contribute...

#4 robplusplus

robplusplus
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 279 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

I have ample smooth stone and uncooked glass to donate. Just ask.

#5 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yes lets get a complete list going. I'd be happy to donate stuff as I can!

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#6 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

I believe it was ladysnoogicorn doing that line and she is no longer active so I'd say go ahead and finish it.
I like coffee!

#7 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

Count me in on the finishing something bit, I know that lighting is unfinished on WNW-FNW. I'll need some supplies of glowstone though...   gathering such stuff in quantity is beyond my abilities.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#8 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'll take orders for anything but that involve the Nether.... (I can't stand that place)

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#9 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

Ooh lovely thread!

I'm very happy to help, point me in some direction that needs lovin'. :)

I'll start on collecting glowstone :D

Hugs

Claudia

#10 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

OK, thanks for all the positive responses.  I'll finish up the ENE-FNE lighting and bridge that I mentioned.

Captain Marko also noted that the WNW-FNW lighting needed to be done, were you offering to do it Captain?  That has not even been started, so whoever does that is free to choose the lighting style of their choice.  There is some info on the spacing needed, but you can figure out that from an existing line.  

Doesn't the West station need redstone still?  That's an underwater job.  I've done one of those and really don't want to do another.  It's twice the work.  I think Bob should do it!  He's clearly an expert underwater builder. : )

Resources needed will depend on the job .  There is already a detailed list in one of the early dev posts for doing the station redstone.  Historically the item most in short supply for that have been gold for powered rails.  Also, I think our colored wool started to run short, so depending on what line colors are needed for the redstone (for West station it would be white, orange, green and yellow), some resources may need to be gathered.  Fort Knox needs to be checked to see what's there.  

For the lighting jobs that need to be finished,   glowstone is always needed for this, and always in short supply.  Claudia, glowstone definitely needs some love.  It's like we never have enough.  You could check Fort Knox and see what the current glowstone supply is like and replenish it if needed.  Beyond that smooth stone is always needed, again the supply in Fort Knox used to be tremendous, but needs to be checked.  Reminder for anyone new - items put in Fort Knox are for use on community projects only, like the rail system.  

Glass may be needed based on the project.  I think the one I offered to finish will need green glass/ panes.  Dyes needed for stained glass seems to usually be in short supply in the past.  Again you check Fort Knox to see how well supplied it is.

#11 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Yes I'll attempt the lighting, it will be simple, probably glowstone on fence posts. Glowstone yes please! Probably need some smooth stone for side supports too. If you could let me know when/if there is stuff in Knox Claudia please.

I haven't been through W station in a while, I can't remember whats there... I have a vague memory of it having redstone though.....

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#12 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

I will check the glowstone, glas and smoothstone supply in Fort knox tomorrow (monday) evening and will post my findings here.

Anything else I should have a look at while there? Glas I have tons myself in case we get low. :)

Hugs

Claudia

#13 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

Unless developments have been made that I'm not aware of, I belive we have enough wool for the station redstone (I helped collect it all). I do have some gold and mining skillz that I could donate, but do we need many powered rails anymore? I'll give some anyway if supplies are low. :) Sadly glowstone is not my specialty, but if needed I can certainly help with dyes and smoothstone/cobble.
There used to be something here..

#14 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

I can help gather any over world mats if you need them, as the nether sucks, and I only go if I need to. Just assign me a job, and I'll get on it!

#15 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

Ok I had a peek into Fort Knox:

Stone                        plenty (10+ doublechests)

Stonebricks              1 doublechest

clear glass                all but none

clear glasspanes      1 doublechest

Glowstone                1 ! measly Glostone dust to be found :P

Dark oak planks       1 doublechest

tons of cobble and dirt.

I'll go glowstone hunting now and put it in there. Glass I also have a good doublechest myself which I'm happy to donate. :)

#16 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Great stuff, let me know when there's some glowstone and I'll come and get. I haven't calculated how many I'll need though. I'll keep it really simple probably single block centrally placed.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#17 ArrowToTheKnee82

ArrowToTheKnee82
  • PipPipPip
  • Established
  • Workbench

• 336 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'm happy to donate stone bricks...

#18 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

There are now 7 stacks of Glowstone in Fort Knox (when you come down the stairs, turn right, last row)

Will get more if needed, just ran out of fire pots ^^

#19 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think that will be plenty for that section, many thanks  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#20 GreenishTroll

GreenishTroll
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Wooden Axe

• 599 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Unless developments have been made that I'm not aware of, I belive we have enough wool for the station redstone (I helped collect it all). I do have some gold and mining skillz that I could donate, but do we need many powered rails anymore? I'll give some anyway if supplies are low. :) Sadly glowstone is not my specialty, but if needed I can certainly help with dyes and smoothstone/cobble.

No, we shouldn't need many powered rails unless the local lines on any of the stations have not yet been set up, and even then it won't be a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users