Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

Since there aren't going to be any more end resets, we should probably discuss what to do with our now permanent island and how to build a nice grinder on it.

Are we going to reset the end for the last time this next friday, or are we stuck with this one?

If there is going to be a reset next friday, whoever kills the enderdragon should try to kill it next to the spawn platform. Not entirely sure how this would be accomplished... But worth a try! :)

We should also make an effort to make the grinder visually appealing/have building materials match, since this is the one we're stuck with. A rail system could be set up, too.

There used to be something here..

#2 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

I don't think we should set up the grinder on the island. It is quite a hassle to completely mobproof the island. Keep in mind how difficult it is to set up rails in the End as well. For some strange reason when you get out of a cart it will almost always punt you into the abyss. Kaya and myself tested a lot of different things to try and prevent it from happening, but for some reason, those minecarts really just want you dead.

Some suggestions for a permanent Ender Grinder. Regeneration beacon with strength buff. I wonder if we could put an iron grinder in the End that would passively collect iron for us as farmed the Enderman. That would be neat.

And can we please... please kill the dragon close to the entrance of The End. For some reason everyone gets too excited about last hitting the dragon (Gotta' get that CS up) and completely disregard this request every time I make it. Then you have to run/minecart further just to leave The End for no good reason. 

Edit: Oh, and the way you kill it next to the entrance is you just stand near the obsidian platform and wait for him to dive you, then you just sword him.

Smile! :)

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

I completely agree, I definitely think we shouldn't build the grinder on the island. It's just too much hassle, and it's not that much further off.

I'll have to mess around with the minecart in creative! It's supposedly supposed to put you on land. Maybe we could set up a cactus system of sorts? That ends up dumping you wherever the cactus was, if I remember correctly.

I like the iron farm idea, but beacons are banned in the city for a reason, sadly. Some people's computers can't handle the added load, and I'm afraid that would make the end grinder inaccessable to some. If we do an iron farm, we need to make sure to light it up very well.

#4 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

We could just remove the island as a whole. Put the end stone in Fort Knox and anyone who wants some can get it. Faster spawner less hassle, just a bit of hard work at the start.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#5 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:46 AM

Thank you from the top of my anvil for all the heroic End work you are doing folks  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#6 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

We could just remove the island as a whole. Put the end stone in Fort Knox and anyone who wants some can get it. Faster spawner less hassle, just a bit of hard work at the start.

Seems a bit drastic.. Remember, we'd have to remove the obsidian pillars, and we'd still have floating ender dragon crystal bases. If we did want to enderproof the island so others could be on it while the grinder is running, I think it'd be easier to run around and light everything with torches. 

Some sort of castle could be pretty cool on the island for a side project, though!

Josh, I see what you're saying about the minecart making you fall into the void. The only way I've been able to stop it is to create a massive enclosed platform.

#7 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

Seems a bit drastic.. Remember, we'd have to remove the obsidian pillars, and we'd still have floating ender dragon crystal bases. If we did want to enderproof the island so others could be on it while the grinder is running, I think it'd be easier to run around and light everything with torches. 

Just chuck some lava on of the pillars, instant awesome looking lights. On the over side, the end is going to be slowly removed. Mining will slowly chip away at it, in fact we should set up a area for mining endstone.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#8 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

Just chuck some lava on of the pillars, instant awesome looking lights. On the over side, the end is going to be slowly removed. Mining will slowly chip away at it, in fact we should set up a area for mining endstone.

This is the tradeoff. 100 extra meters between the Ender Grinder and the entrance and exit to the End, OR clear out the entire End and build a grinder next to the entrance and exit.

Yes, it would be better in the long run, but it seems like a small benefit for such a large immediate cost. 

#9 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

This is the tradeoff. 100 extra meters between the Ender Grinder and the entrance and exit to the End, OR clear out the entire End and build a grinder next to the entrance and exit.

Yes, it would be better in the long run, but it seems like a small benefit for such a large immediate cost.

I agree. And plus, if we kept the end island we could make a big end city! With end houses where everyone can store their enchanting materials.

#10 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

I agree. And plus, if we kept the end island we could make a big end city! With end houses where everyone can store their enchanting materials.

Ohohohoh, I like that! :) I remember a long time ago we did the same exact thing on a vanilla server I played on, except it was right next to the grinder instead of the island. 

I just pulled a really long and nasty hair out of my mouth. No smiles. :(

#11 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

We used to have a rail track in the end before we started resetting again. I never died when leaving the cart so it must be possible.

I've never tried but is it possible to get villagers into the end to be able to build an iron farm?
I like coffee!

#12 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

We got horses through from the wilds in SG5, found a wilds end portal, shoved a horse through. Though I don't know if it appeared in The End and got kicked back in by someone or went straight to the main map. Maybe it would work if we shoved one through the normal end portal?

#13 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Yes, mobs appear in the end no matter what portal you use. :)

#14 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

We got horses through from the wilds in SG5, found a wilds end portal, shoved a horse through. Though I don't know if it appeared in The End and got kicked back in by someone or went straight to the main map. Maybe it would work if we shoved one through the normal end portal?

Nope..... I've tried... I've died. Wilds one nope. And the normal one doesn't work I don't think.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#15 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

If people go through it doesn't work. In fact on SG5 it crashed the server. But it works for mobs.

#16 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

If people go through it doesn't work. In fact on SG5 it crashed the server. But it works for mobs.

I pushed a horse though, it burned.... Should have removed that lava.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#17 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

This just in! The end will NOT be reset next month, so we're stuck with the end we've got. :)

I started work on the ultra-grinder this evening, I plan to continue tomorrow. The road to it is done, as well as part of the base. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think! I'd welcome any help if someone feels like working on it. :D I plan to make the redstone and grinder structure out of oak wood and slabs.

I left a middle section in the road for a rail if someone wants to attempt that. I don't quite feel up to that task! The road going from the platform to the exit portal needs to be built, too, preferably with some nice lighting and stone slabs. An exit portal house should probably be made as well. I'll do this eventually if no one feels up for it, of course ;)

#18 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:54 AM

I pushed a horse though, it burned.... Should have removed that lava.

Maybe it doesn't anymore with the update.

#19 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

I could have sworn I did it successfully the other day.. It's worth some testing and experimentation.

#20 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

The end grinder's mechanisms are complete! I still have some work to do on the surrounding area, but it's functional, so feel free to go farm some XP! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users