Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

If people go through it doesn't work. In fact on SG5 it crashed the server. But it works for mobs.

I pushed a horse though, it burned.... Should have removed that lava.

Maybe it doesn't anymore with the update.

I may have be riding the horse at the time (This was a while ago) But I may have not, worth another try at least.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#22 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

I just tried it from the main map with one of my wolves, and I've confirmed that it works. Now, how to get the villagers into the farm...
There used to be something here..

#23 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

I just tried it from the main map with one of my wolves, and I've confirmed that it works. Now, how to get the villagers into the farm...

I did it from the wilds. Which might be why. I'll check it out at some point. 

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#24 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

If people go through it doesn't work. In fact on SG5 it crashed the server. But it works for mobs.

I pushed a horse though, it burned.... Should have removed that lava.

Maybe it doesn't anymore with the update.

Mac, it does work, you just need to make sure the lava is removed/solidified.  Those of us with wolves on SG6 had to use the end trick for getting them to the main map as we seem to have difficulty getting them to spawn on the main map.  You do need to have someone waiting at the end to catch them and toss them through the portal to leave the end, then they will appear on the main map at spawn.  People still can't go through any end portal except the main portal at central, I don't think it crashes the system but those who try to go through get stuck and can't go anywhere till Ray rescues them.

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#25 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

The grinder is complete! :D

As for the island and the city (that may or may not get built, depending on interest):

I added a road system that goes in the 4 cardinal directions from the exit portal. Off of these main roads, I added smaller roads that connect to the obsidian pillars, to serve as a starting point for anyone that wants to build their own roads and connections. :) I'm following the standard SG6 road design.

There's quite a lot of space for builds, so if anyone wants to build anything go right ahead! I'll be building an end house for my enchanted books, and maybe a public farming area. If houses (and other structures) are built, just make sure to light it up all the way to prevent any mobs from spawning. ;)

We also need to decide whether to allow resource gathering in the end. Personally, I would say no, but that isn't my call.

Things that are left to do:

1. Bring villagers to the iron farm. It's all prepped and ready, but it needs villagers in the leaf basket.

2. Add a rail system to the exit portal and to the grinder (?)

3. Finish up connecting the obsidian pillars (I'll get to this tomorrow).

4. Build stuff! (maybe)

#26 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

Hero!  Seriously, many thanks Blue  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#27 Gnazghoul

Gnazghoul
  • Tree Puncher

• 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

awesome, thx a ton Blue

#28 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

Blue, the place looks fantastic and all, but the Enderman can easily teleport out. Vael and myself have already died to Enderman teleporting out, granted, I was intentionally trying to get myself killed, but Vael wasn't. Any Enderman that are aggro'd can teleport behind you in the open area that isn't slabbed. Enderman sometimes glitch out slightly and don't take fall damage, I have no idea how to fix this, and I've always just taken it as Minecraft retardedness. If you do aggro one of these guys they'll teleport nearby instead of dying immediately. 

I'm not trying to be a butt, but (hah) Enderman farms should always have water on every surface that faces the sky, and if it does not face the sky it must be less than 2.5 blocks tall. I have not tested this other theory, but supposedly Enderman can only teleport onto solid blocks (This also includes half-slabs that are in the top half of a block). Enderman can only teleport 32 blocks, so there should be a water tunnel leading to the farm that's about 35 blocks long. 

The current design will work, its just not 100% foolproof (Not to call Vael a fool, haha, its just an expression!). 

Smile! :)

#29 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

Huh, thanks for the info! I'll have to see if I can fix it, I didn't notice a problem when I was using it (then again I didn't test it that much). Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: I've tested a bunch of block types in creative, no cigar. It'll have to be water, but I've discovered that water with lillypads on it won't let them teleport. My plan is to just extend the roof a little, and put water suspended with signs on all of the rooftops. :)
Another idea I had was fire, but netherrack is too ugly :/

#30 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

I like the idea of the end city!  My public library system shall dominate the SG world! 

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#31 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Jeepers that's an epic grinder!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!