6 replies to this topic

#1 kazooki

kazooki
  • Tree Puncher

• 55 posts
  • LocationRome
  • Nationality:Thai

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate in any way, but I don't really have anyone to share my feelings with currently, my friends and my parents never watched Star Trek, and this is the only forum that I am currently active on. I do not have anywhere else to post this so I'm doing it here.

Leonard Nimoy is a great actor and director. Although I don't know much about his life, I know that he was a proud actor of my favourite Star Trek character of the whole of its universe. Mr. Spock. We will remember the days when he appeared on the T.V screen, side by side with Cpt. Kirk exploring strange new worlds; seeking out new life and new civilisations; boldly going where no one has gone before. His passing will leave a hole in all of our hearts, and we will forever remember him, in and out of the Star Trek Universe. He has lived a great life and has both lived long and prospered. 

2d2615c9e787c6ffb4d6b1e814fca32c.jpeg

#2 61tasc130fe

61tasc130fe
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 108 posts
  • LocationGlen Rock, PA (USA)
  • Nationality:American

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Have to agree that he was a great actor - not only for the role of Spock but he did a lot of television (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000559/) and his voice was so distinctive I can't tell you how many documentaries I've watched with him narrating. It was so impressive how he was able to develop his character into such a believable being. He was my first alien life-form that I could accept as being real. Sad day for sci-fi fans.

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Thirded. Star trek is a classic show in my family, we all enjoy it. I, too, feel that the character of Spock is the most relatable, despite the emotionless nature he had perfected. He will be sorely missed. :(

His final tweet is very touching: https://www.twitter....762773204217857
There used to be something here..

#4 Marek202

Marek202
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 57 posts
  • LocationWindsor Ontario
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

He will be missed!

See you on the other side Leonard.

#5 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Stop trying to make me cry!

R.I.P. Leonard!  Thanks for all the memories

#6 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

Illogical Captain. RIP Leonard.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#7 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Hello, I'm an applicant and just had to get my thoughts in on this subject:

I'm glad to see there are others in this community who like Star Trek! Even though I grew up on Star Trek: The Next Generation, I did frequently watch the original due chiefly to Mr. Spock and two other characters (Sulu and Chekov). I'm going to miss Nimoy but I thank him for what he has done for the Star Trek canon. 

I could probably go on and on with my favourite Nimoy moments but I will just add one. It was the crossover episode where Spock and Data get together. I loved it when Spock pointed out the irony in Data's quest to be more human--something along the lines of Data having the ideal traits of a vulcan yet wants to be human--I'm not sure I am doing justice to this scene but I am sure anyone familiar with that episode would remember it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users