Photo

Vedis's Application: Procrastination, Doodles, and Food!

application

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

meee_by_vedisdragon-d8l65a0.png

-That's me!

In Game Name: vedisdragon
Preferred Name: Vedis, pronounced "vee-dis" or "ved-is"

Previous Minecraft Experience: I've been playing minecraft for over two years now on several different survival servers, although I'm not too familiar with 1.8 yet. I like servers with plugins, especially a resetting world for gathering resources, and I use a minimap mod since I have no sense of direction.

I'm honestly terrible at redstone but I can make simple devices with the help of tutorials.

I'm no Keralis but I'm decent at building, especially with tutorial videos, and I really like managing the little interior decorating details!

2014_07_10_00_02_57_by_vedisdragon_d8l63

-Small PvP arena!

my_little_shop_by_vedisdragon-d8l6jtq.pn

-A little shop~

Background: I'm from Michigan, USA, and I'm a sophomore in high school currently regretting their choice to take all honors classes. I skipped a grade and my best friend is in college, so I'm a little used to hanging out with people older than me ;P. I draw and cook as a hobbies, and it's easy to tell when I'm excited (which tends to be quite often) through my use of exclamations. I'm in several fandoms, including Roosterteeth, the Hobbit, Percy Jackson, Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe. I play on minigame servers when I'm not on survival, and I also play Skyrim and Starbound. I have an unfortunate appreciation for puns and a tendency to procrastinate studying by gaming. 

shrooms_by_vedisdragon-d8l6am0.png

-Foooooood!

Why I want to join: I actually find singleplayer minecraft a bit boring and the last server I was on was nice but lacked a large community-half the time no one was on the server. I was on a server with a really nice tight-knit community before that, but it unexpectedly went down. :( I want to play on a server that lasts for more than a few months, and I'm tired of some of the less mature players on other servers, e.i. that one guy who dies often and spams in caps lock, or someone that constantly insults others with "that's so gay." I want to join a server that already has an established, tight-knit, community, and this seems perfect!

#2 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:59 AM

Welcome Vedis!  You have just missed an application round so stay around, be active and let's get to know you  8)

What are those round and hopefully edible things in your pic?

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#3 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Thanks! Will do~

Those are bacon and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms :D

#4 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Oh my oh my  8) I'm hungry now.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#5 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

Welcome Vedis,

What texture pack is that in the picture the second one down? Good luck! :)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#6 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

lol Mission Accomplished. Here's the recipe in case anyone wants it. 

#7 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Did somebody say bacon?

#8 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

Welcome Vedis,

What texture pack is that in the picture the second one down? Good luck! :)

That's Pixel Daydreams!

lol I see we have the same nationality. :P Amurica!

#9 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Question: Is there a page anywhere with more info on the Live Map? Like how it works, what it shows, why different marked places have different symbols?

I've been looking at it and that's honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a server, with the players and their health/armor in real time and all. And those massive builds! Rosleen's Sapphire Tower and iliplayz's base of operation caught my eye. I love doing little details but wow those huge builds look good on a 3D map. It's like pixel art lol

Also, regarding livestreams - Do you have to be a member of the server to watch them, and is there a thread where people announce planned livestreams?

#10 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Did somebody say bacon?

Baconnn! Tip: For crispier bacon, put cold bacon in a cold pan and cook from there. It melts the fat so you don't end up with rubbery fat on your bacon :P

#11 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Hi, welcome and good luck with your app.

The only info we have about the livemap is how to place the dynmap signs. You can find that here. The different symbols are just what people have chosen for their builds.

Other than that if you move your cursor to the right side you'll see the menu pop up, you can select 3D or 2D on both the main map and the wilds map.

There are various threads on the forums people have started to show their progress in their builds, if you want a closer look it's well worth browsing through.

As far as livestreams are concerned I don't think you have to be a member, but I don't think anyone streams at the moment so you're not missing anything.

#12 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Thanks Macflea! Getting a closer look at these builds is awesome!

#13 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Eyo, to anyone who's interested (or bored lol):

My skype username is vedisdragon, add me if you wanna chat! :D

#14 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hey InvisibleCat, what are you up to on the server? It's marked on the map as "Temple of Uriel"?

#15 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

Do you ever craft a bow the wrong way? -_-

vedis_crafts_a_bow_the_wrong_way_by_vedi

Eyo if you want a free drawing like this, go here!

#16 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

Hey Captain_Marko, you posted something about Dan the Man in the shoutbox? By any chance are you referring to Dan Grunchy?

#17 Zellcos

Zellcos
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 228 posts
  • LocationThe desert. Hence why I build by a jungle biome.
  • Nationality:Americano

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

One of our members is named Dan, so that's a no to Grunchy.

But yes, I know of the man you speak of. I watch AH Lets Plays. A lot. Anyways!

You'll find your application is checked mostly when people start to play, not realtime. So when trying to interact with people online while watching the map, it uhhh...

Probably won't work out. XD

We don't get a notification or anything (maybe Ros and Stacy do, I dunno), but for the rest of the masses we tend to check the forum sporadically. You might want to use the public forum for questions about builds and such, rather than your app. But i understand the need to bump as well. I'm rambling again. Moving on:

Welcome to the forum! I love your art so far, and that little shop needs to be in my life, because it looks perfect for Sixty city or my little village. Besides the arena (no pvp here thank you very much), what else do you like to build?

Castles? Underwater temples? Viking villages? Ships? Treehouses?

Basically what (if any) type of buildings do you like to build?

Also Happy Birthday!

Congratulations! You're 15 and you cook better than I do.

Shame on me, on my family, on my cow...

#18 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hey Zellcos! Yeah lol I watch AH Let's Plays and RWBY~ 

Oh okay :P Thanks for letting me know, I've never actually used forums before.

I'm glad you like my art! :D I could draw something for you if you wanna check it out

lol I'll definitely rebuild my shop somewhere if I do get accepted to the server! The arena I built for the last server I was on - we had a world with minigames and PvP was one of them. I mainly build little houses with a lot of interior details, like this one:

interior_decorating_by_vedisdragon-d8lss

I also like terraforming and making somewhat practical buildings, like a fishing shack. Castles are cool too, and I love making secret entrances. I also do some miscellaneous builds that are based off of fandom things, like the Crystal Gem's base from Steven Universe, or the gates of Erebor from the Hobbit. You'll probably also find a few towers of pimps in my secret trophy room. :P

I've also checked out InvisibleFlame's Minecaching and that seems really cool!

Thanks!! :D lol Cooking takes me foreevveer though, so I don't do it that often. If a recipe says it'll take 1 hour, I'll plan on 2 hours. :P

#19 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

Whoops that link didn't work. :P You can get art for yourself here -> http://sixtygig.com/...r-you-10-slots/

#20 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

You have a fine talent there Vedis. Welcome to the forums.
I like coffee!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users