82 replies to this topic

#1 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Eyo, so I'm doing a little project so I can get to know people on this server better. :)

I'm drawing 10 pictures of people's character(s) in minecraft!

The catch? To get a picture, you need to tell me some things about yourself!

Continue reading for rules and "prices":

Rules:

1. Must be in minecraft
  2. Backgrounds will mostly be screenshots - you can provide me with one to use, or tell me what texture pack, location, etc.
  3. Limit 1 picture per person
  4. If you want me to draw you or your friend, your dog, etc., please provide a description of your character or a picture of your skin. :)

Pricing:

Sketch

• Sample:

vedis_crafts_a_bow_the_wrong_way_sketch_

• You can specify what color sketch you want
  • Tell me 10 things about yourself
  • For every extra character (mobs count too), tell me 5 more things about yourself

Fully Colored

• Sample:

vedis_crafts_a_bow_the_wrong_way_by_vedi

• Tell me 20 things about yourself
  • For every extra character (mobs count too), tell me 10 more things about yourself

Remember, being more specific and providing me with references/pictures of the characters you want me to draw is also helpful. Communicate! :)

#2 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

This is a super creative way to get to know our little community. I'll start because I think the drawings are way cute.

I want a fully colored one so here's 20 things about myself:

1. I'm engaged to be married on September 25th.

2. I have a 9-year-old son who also plays Minecraft and my fiance plays Minecraft too!

3. My name's Stacy. I guess that probably should have been first.

4. I'm going to be 29 next month. Which is just dangerously close to 30.

5. I have two cats!

6. I work full-time as a public servant in local government as the First Assistant Treasurer and I am so proud to work there and love my job more than I possibly thought I could love a job.

7. I have a BS in IT which I hardly use now, because of my love of being a public servant.

8. I moved from Iowa to Texas about 5 years ago. Unsurprisingly, I'm not planning on living here for the rest of my life, but my fiance and I are undecided as to where we want to build our "forever home".

9. I lurk the SixtyGig forums almost every day, but hardly post any more.

10. I have a passion for supporting Youtube educational channels and subscribe to several of them because I firmly believe in educating yourself outside of school.

11. I have high hopes that my son will pick up my love of learning and motivate himself to learn new things every day for the rest of his life.

12. I'm a rather quiet person in real life, but online and in small groups I can be very loud and abrasive.

13. I used to be a huuuuuuge ***** (female dog? Stupid censorship). Like, super huge. Like, I was just mean and hated everything. It was a really bad time in my life, but as I got older I realized that being angry/hateful all the time is so boring. It's much more fun to embrace new things and encourage people positively.

14. I'm a pretty hardcore feminist but I also believe in making change in a positive way. I will stand up all day and explain why I support feminist ideals, but I won't support feminists who are hateful, disrespectful and disruptive.

15. I'm pretty stoked that feminism is becoming more "mainstream" these days.

16. I studied social media in college and even did a paid internship with a local business working in marketing and social media. Then, on a whim, I applied for a position in the local District Attorney's office, got it, and thus began my love affair with public service.

17. I wish all people loved their jobs as much as I love mine.

18. My living room is clean for the first time in a month, because we've been redecorating and "spring cleaning".

19. I really dislike snow, but I hate ice even more. Snow is at least pretty.

20. I love butts. For real. Like, this isn't a filler line. I really, really love butts.

I don't even remember what my character looks like any more. It's been a long, long time. But here is a picture of my fiance and I. Don't mind the glossy eyes on my part. We were a liiiiiittle drunk on New Year's Eve.

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

Aaaah 20 things?? This is gonna be hard :D

1: I'm a lab technician, doing animal experiments and loving it. 

2: Everything tidy and neat is right up my alley.

3: I've played way, way too much MC since joining SG.

4: I'm happily married to a man who loves organic synthesis and painting Warhammer figures. 

5: Most of the time I'm disgustingly optimistic.

6: I write poems, mostly bleak ones.

7: This will be a surprise to no one, I LOVE tea. LOVE LOVE.

8: For the first time in my life, my bike has a female name. The past two have been named Harry (First for Harry Potter, then Harry Dresden).

9: My real name is Nadia, but I preper to go by Ros online. Even though both Ros' and Nadia's seem to be sluts or prostitutes in films. Maybe the IGN fits the real name in that sense.

10: I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark. I've lived here all my life. Infact I've lived in the same apartment building all my life.

11: I have a number of hobbies, most of which involve creating things.

12: I am 1.75m tall. Danny claims that makes me a giant.

13: Without doubt, I have some of the worst taste in movies and television, and I don't even try to hide it.

14: I'll be turning 28 soon, and can't decide what cake to have.

15: I have never, and will most likely never, wear any form of make up. Not because I think it's wrong, but I feel like I'm dressed up for halloween if I do.

16: In my home, we're "flexitarians", eating mainly vegetarian, but having meat once in a while. I love using that word.

17: I have a tendency to be awake when I shouldn't be. It's 2:30..

18: The soles of my shoes are slowly, but surely, falling off my shoes. I wish I didn't have to get new ones.

19: I'm somewhat addicted to pintrest.

20: My greatest weakness is cheese pops. And nutella. My husband has banned nutella from the house, after finding an empty jar with a spoon in it. I have no idea how that happend...

ooooh that's 20! (phew). 

Same as Stace, I'm not entirely sure what my charecter looks like, but I look liiike.. this (I'm the woman, not the man :P) :

http://i.imgur.com/SLPBywf.jpg 

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

Hey Stacy! Thanks for replying, I was getting worried that this wasn't a good idea lol

Do you have anything specific you want yourself to be doing in this doodle? Any specific clothing, activity, location?

5. I love cats! :0 I wish I had one! Or like, seven lol

13. Hoo boy, I had a period similar to that a few years ago. I tried to intimidate everyone into being nice with me, and I was like, why don't people like me? :P Yeesh.

14/15. Eyo I'm a feminist too! There's still plenty of backlash but it's getting better! I believe that feminism should include everyone who identifies as a women, regardless of race or biological gender.

17. lol Yeah me too. That would take a lot of stress off.

stacy_likes_butts_by_vedisdragon-d8lqruc

Oh and since your skype is on your profile, do you mind if I add you? :P It's alright if you'd rather not lol, just wondering.

#5 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

Eyo Ros! :D Do you have any specifications as to what you want your character to be doing in this drawing? :P I was thinking of drawing you in a lab coat making some potions, does that sound ok?

2. lol By any chance does that mean you got a well organized storage system in minecraft?

11. :0 What hobbies, specifically? Drawing, painting, sculpting, writing?

12. lol I think I only come up to your nose xD

15. :P I feel that. I tried putting on makeup once. "Hey Mom, can I borrow your eyeliner? [2 minutes later] ...Hey Mom, can I borrow your makeup remover?" :P

#6 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Oh and Ros, do you mind if I add you on Skype? :P

#7 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

13: Without doubt, I have some of the worst taste in movies and television, and I don't even try to hide it.

20: My greatest weakness is cheese pops. And nutella. My husband has banned nutella from the house, after finding an empty jar with a spoon in it. I have no idea how that happend...

What you mean is you have the BEST taste in movies and TV ;) It has nothing to do with the fact that our tastes are pretty much the same :)

Cap wouldn't dare to try and ban Nutella.. Come and visit me, I have the biggest jar you'll ever see. Oh wait, I mean no.. no Nutella here. It's mine I tell you!

It's 6am so now is not the best time to think of 20 things.. but I'll try soon!

#8 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:54 AM

Eyo Ros! :D Do you have any specifications as to what you want your character to be doing in this drawing? :P I was thinking of drawing you in a lab coat making some potions, does that sound ok?

2. lol By any chance does that mean you got a well organized storage system in minecraft?

11. :0 What hobbies, specifically? Drawing, painting, sculpting, writing?

12. lol I think I only come up to your nose xD

15. :P I feel that. I tried putting on makeup once. "Hey Mom, can I borrow your eyeliner? [2 minutes later] ...Hey Mom, can I borrow your makeup remover?" :P

Lab coat and potions sounds perfect ;) You're welcome to add me on skype, but I rarely use it tbh.

And YES, so well organised storage ;) 

I knit, make jewellery, make furniture of pallets, and rather like baking and cooking ^^ And I think this is a great way of getting to know the people around here :D

#9 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

What you mean is you have the BEST taste in movies and TV ;) It has nothing to do with the fact that our tastes are pretty much the same :)

Cap wouldn't dare to try and ban Nutella.. Come and visit me, I have the biggest jar you'll ever see. Oh wait, I mean no.. no Nutella here. It's mine I tell you!

It's 6am so now is not the best time to think of 20 things.. but I'll try soon!

Hah Mac ^^ I get to have nutella on my birthday xD Being a grown up is great..

#10 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hey Stacy! Thanks for replying, I was getting worried that this wasn't a good idea lol

Do you have anything specific you want yourself to be doing in this doodle? Any specific clothing, activity, location?

5. I love cats! :0 I wish I had one! Or like, seven lol

13. Hoo boy, I had a period similar to that a few years ago. I tried to intimidate everyone into being nice with me, and I was like, why don't people like me? :P Yeesh.

14/15. Eyo I'm a feminist too! There's still plenty of backlash but it's getting better! I believe that feminism should include everyone who identifies as a women, regardless of race or biological gender.

17. lol Yeah me too. That would take a lot of stress off.

stacy_likes_butts_by_vedisdragon-d8lqruc

Oh and since your skype is on your profile, do you mind if I add you? :P It's alright if you'd rather not lol, just wondering.

Ahahahahaha. That drawing tho. Butts for life. <3

Two cats is plenty for me, though I keep trying to convince Fiance that we need another for the son, but he keeps shooting me down. Thank god, because I don't know if my brain could handle that. But I want to so badly!

Regarding feminism: Yessssss. Feminism should be all-inclusive, for sure. There are steps and strides towards getting there, but not quite there yet. But I'm excited to see what happens in the next few years.

Specific actions.... Ummmmm, I don't know. I always shoot stuff with bow/arrow in Minecraft because I like the sound it makes, so perhaps with that?

As for Skype, yes - feel free to add me. :) I'm almost always "online" but I bounce from the computer and away pretty frequently without warning, so if it ever takes a while for me to answer - I promise it's not personal.

#11 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Nationality:Kiwi as bro

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

Hmm.. 20 things huh... It is 20 things right? I should probably scroll up but nevermind.

1) I have never seen snow

2) I am not a penguin *Insert Shock and Horror*

3) I once fought off a goat with a dog hanging off my favorite trench coat. Damm I miss that coat.

4) The only thing that is stopping me from reading right now is that I have nothing to read and my library card is full (Not allowed any more books :'( )

5) I like tea.

6) I am the shortest person in my family, at 175cm.

7) I do archery in real life.

8) I spent a entire day speaking in sign language because I could.

9) I find it shocking that people can't cook and the age of seven I taught a 15 year old how to.

10) I am terrible at the English language, I rely on spell check and I can't pronounce certain words such as three (It sounds like free) despite English being my native language.

11) I study things at random, at age 10 I read every book I could find on the Greeks, then the Romans and so on. Lately it has been making homebrew.

12) I nearly burnt down eight buildings at the age of five.

13) Speaking of fire, I've lit about fifty bonfires in my life (All the festivals in NZ) at the same age.

14) Continuing on fire, I've lit about five people on fire, They are alive! No injures unless you count their clothes.

15) I like burning things (I LIKE FIRE OK!!!)

16) I don't watch a lot of movies (I saw the hobbit!)

17) I've always liked Cats, Wolves, Penguins and Foxes.

18) At the age of eight I asked the Priest (? I'm not sure how Church works) "If God made everything, what made him? Surely he/she had to come from somewhere" This day still amuses me.

19) I have a annoying habit of holding shift too long, I end up having stuff like this "OH yea" Or " HELlo".

20) Oh yea my Name happens to be Zac, might be useful.

20 things about me.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#12 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

Eyo Zac!

1. Come up to Michigan! We have plenty of snow. You can have it. Seriously. Please take it. We don't want it.

5. What kinda tea? I like green tea :D

6. [single tear] still taller than me lol

8. That's pretty cool. I was actually thinking about learning sign language after watching this music video: 

11. Eyo I'm with you on that - Especially studying somewhat useless topics, like the symbolism/meaning of wands in Harry Potter :P I love ancient history though, although I have a thing against the Romans. I take their degrading of Athena personally. ;P

16. What was your favorite character in the Hobbit?

Pft you've done some pretty great things. So what would you like me to draw your minecraft character doing? And if you could provide me with a picture of your minecraft skin or yourself that would be great. :P I was thinking about doing something with fire for you, since..well, you seem to like it a lot, lol.

#13 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Pft you've done some pretty great things. So what would you like me to draw your minecraft character doing? And if you could provide me with a picture of your minecraft skin or yourself that would be great. :P I was thinking about doing something with fire for you, since..well, you seem to like it a lot, lol.

Ummm.. I don't really like my skin.... I might have find a new one. Yes fire... I like that idea. Maybe burning someone, I've killed fourish people with flaming arrows. MISFIRE I SWEAR! Not my fault you walked in the way when I was shooting a zombie.

6. [single tear] still taller than me lol

At least there's someone :) 

5. What kinda tea? I like green tea :D

All tea. But not that cheap stuff.

1. Come up to Michigan! We have plenty of snow. You can have it. Seriously. Please take it. We don't want it.

Might be hard seeing as Pam is visiting, planes might be cancelled.

11. Eyo I'm with you on that - Especially studying somewhat useless topics, like the symbolism/meaning of wands in Harry Potter :P I love ancient history though, although I have a thing against the Romans. I take their degrading of Athena personally. ;P

I didn't like them because I blamed them on ending the greeks, I got over it after a while. But it annoyed me.

16. What was your favorite character in the Hobbit?

Ummmm... The goats... Yea the goats that they rode up the mountain on. And the PIG! That pig was awesome.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#14 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Ummm.. I don't really like my skin.... I might have find a new one. Yes fire... I like that idea. Maybe burning someone, I've killed fourish people with flaming arrows. MISFIRE I SWEAR! Not my fault you walked in the way when I was shooting a zombie.

Let me know when you get your new skin, and if you could send me a picture of it so I can draw you, that'd be great.

lol How about you with a drawn bow, flaming arrow, yelling "INCOMING!"?

Ahh yeah, the cyclone. Stay safe!

#15 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

*Snip*

Let me know when you get your new skin, and if you could send me a picture of it so I can draw you, that'd be great.

lol How about you with a drawn bow, flaming arrow, yelling "INCOMING!"?

I love that idea :) 

*Snip*

Ahh yeah, the cyclone. Stay safe!

It's cold and slightly more windy to normal now.

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#16 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

Just let me know when you get a new skin (I can look up your skin using your IGN) or post a picture of your new skin and I can begin working on that drawing! 

#17 Sivcere

Sivcere
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Coal

• 668 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:14 PM

Just let me know when you get a new skin (I can look up your skin using your IGN) or post a picture of your new skin and I can begin working on that drawing! 

Well that was quick, I've found a skin I like. Link!

I'm a cat now, how odd.

#18 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Two cats is plenty for me, though I keep trying to convince Fiance that we need another for the son, but he keeps shooting me down. Thank god, because I don't know if my brain could handle that. But I want to so badly!

Regarding feminism: Yessssss. Feminism should be all-inclusive, for sure. There are steps and strides towards getting there, but not quite there yet. But I'm excited to see what happens in the next few years.

Specific actions.... Ummmmm, I don't know. I always shoot stuff with bow/arrow in Minecraft because I like the sound it makes, so perhaps with that?

As for Skype, yes - feel free to add me. :) I'm almost always "online" but I bounce from the computer and away pretty frequently without warning, so if it ever takes a while for me to answer - I promise it's not personal.

Hey Stacy, what are your 2 favorite types of cats in minecraft? The Siamese, Black cat with white paws, or the orange tabby? I'm nearly done with Ros and I'm planning on drawing you with a bow and arrow with cats in the background lol

Oh and I added you on skype! I think I got the right Stacy :P But if I didn't, my skype username is vedisdragon.

#19 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

Alrighty. :) I'm almost done with Ros's and I'm going to start Stacy's when she replies on this topic. If you could do me a favor and PM Stacy or something that would be great because I'm not sure if she checks/follows this forum, and I can't PM. :P

#20 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

Alrighty. :) I'm almost done with Ros's and I'm going to start Stacy's when she replies on this topic. If you could do me a favor and PM Stacy or something that would be great because I'm not sure if she checks/follows this forum, and I can't PM. :P

Oh whoops it looks like Stacy hasn't been online since I last replied. Nvm lol :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users