#41 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

I like the black cat with white paws and the orange tabby. And yeah, I hadn't been online very much this week. It's been a crazy, crazy, hectic, stressful week. You may have to update a picture of me soon with my hair falling out because of all the stress. haha

And you did indeed add the right Stacy. My Skype was just being a turd.

:0 I hope your stress levels go down soon! Take deep breaths, watch fluffy cat videos, have a nice cup of tea (or coffee?).

I'll get started on Stacy's soon, but after that I'll be out of pictures to draw! So...spread the word? :D I think Macflea said she wanted one earlier.

Tea and coffee are both off the menu. I mostly drink milk and water (not together. That's disgusting!) The whole tea vs coffee debate here on SixtyGig is madness. Water is the One True Drink.

#42 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Yes! I did say I wanted one. I've been away this week and just got home today so although I've been lurking I haven't posted.

20 things... I'll try...

1) I have a son, he's 5 months and I think he's the best thing in the world. I possibly talk too much about him but he's amazing.. (sorry, everyone!)

2) My husband is Dutch. It's such a hard language to learn but I am trying.

3) Around raising a family I want to study nursing. I need to be in a job that is people focussed.

4) I turned 30 this year, I spent it curled up on a sofa with my boy, both of us full of snot! Last week I found my first grey hair, my mum was impressed it didn't happen sooner.

5) Music is a big part of my life. I play several instruments and sing.

6) My favourite place in the world is the Lake District, just as well I only live a couple of hours away! It's stunning.

7) I love dogs, cats are... ok. One day we want to get a Springer Spaniel.

8) Converse are my shoe of choice. They're so comfortable.

9) I met my husband on a sailing ship, he was the 2nd Mate and I was onboard for 8 weeks.

10) I like Nutella, maybe too much.

11) My favourite animal is a duck because they always look and sound happy. One day I want a house with a duck pond at the bottom of the garden.

12) I'm not really afraid of much but I hate feeling claustrophobic. I need to know I can step back and make some space.

13) I love heights but hate falling/feeling like I might fall. I did a bungee jump once, they had to push me.. then when I was at the bottom I can remember thinking I was bored of bouncing up and down.

14) My favourite thing to make at Christmas is mushroom and sherry soup and mulled wine (real mulled wine, non of this 'spice sachet' business).

15) I don't really have a favourite band, but bands that I have consistently loved are Muse and The Dave Matthews Band. I also secretly love McFly. I love strong female singers, when I was a teenager my computer time was always combined with belting out diva songs and musicals.

16) I dreamed a dream in time gone by.............

17) Right now I'm listening to a podcast by Aussie radio/tv duo Hamish and Andy. They always make me laugh.

18) I have crohn's disease, it makes life interesting and sometimes smelly.

19) I love reading, the first book I ever read by myself was The House At Pooh Corner. As a result the original Winnie the Pooh books always have a special place in my heart.

20) I love the rain. Most of the time....... not so much in winter. Cold.

My bedtime is soon and I've spent 5 hours travelling today after a really exhausting week, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense!!

#43 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

This is a brilliant idea!  So many talented people around here, I love it.

Do me next!! (plz)

1. My name is Megan. That's what most people call me around here. That's what you can call me too.
2. I'm a girl that likes girls.  Well, I like boys too. I like everyone, but you get what I mean.
3. I have two cats. One recently acquired through work.  I pulled a 4 month old kitten from under the hood of a car this past October.  Her name is Boo. My other cat is about 7 and her name is Dr. Waffles.
4. I love sports. Watching and playing them. I go to the gym, hike, swim, snowshoe. You name it, if it's outdoors I wanna do it.
5. Since I mentioned snow shoeing, I'm Canadian. East Coast. Currently buried in snow.
6. Most of my working life has been spent as a bartender. Or a Doctor of Mixology, as Danny coined it. And that's much more badass than bartender. Recently transitioned to an office-esque job for stability and income. Because adulthood and that crap.
7. In regards to the ever famous Tea vs. Coffee debate around here, I play both sides of the field, like in so many other aspects of my life. Ha.
8. I'm a total savage at Call of Duty.
9. I write. Mostly naughty stuff that I don't often share. It's a passion I've had since about the age of 14.
10. I used to paint, was pretty decent at it, not something I do anymore though.
11. I play Minecraft to build. I like to clutter everything together, I love it organic and curvy.
12. I'll be 28 this June. I look barely legal.
13. I'm short. Possibly the shortest on the server if memory serves. I stand a whopping 5 feet, 3 inches.  (THIS IS AVERAGE HEIGHT, I TELL YOU!)
14. I've worn glasses since the age of 7. I'm planning to have lasic done within the next couple years.
15. I have nearly perfect teeth, and I've never worn braces. People yell at me when I tell them this.
16. I'm inappropriate and immature. And sometimes offensive.  OK, it might be more than sometimes.
17. I curse. A lot. I can't help it.
18. I love wine. So much. Too much. White, mainly, but really, I don't discriminate.
19. My biggest weakness in life (besides boobs and a nice butt) is soda. Pop, whatever you call it. I love the sugary goodness and find it hard to control myself around it. (much like the boobs and butts)
20. I once worked a summer job in a cemetery. I mowed grass and buried the dead.

Images of me and some of my minecraft builds behind the spoiler tag. Since I don't think you have access to our galleries.

Draw me like one of your French girls! :D 

Or however you like, I'm not your boss.

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#44 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

I like the black cat with white paws and the orange tabby. And yeah, I hadn't been online very much this week. It's been a crazy, crazy, hectic, stressful week. You may have to update a picture of me soon with my hair falling out because of all the stress. haha

:0 I hope your stress levels go down soon! Take deep breaths, watch fluffy cat videos, have a nice cup of tea (or coffee?).

I'll get started on Stacy's soon, but after that I'll be out of pictures to draw! So...spread the word? :D I think Macflea said she wanted one earlier.

Tea and coffee are both off the menu. I mostly drink milk and water (not together. That's disgusting!) The whole tea vs coffee debate here on SixtyGig is madness. Water is the One True Drink.

lol I'd have to say that I mostly drink soup. :D Sometimes tea in the evenings, coffee in the morning if I need to be fully awake before 9am. I do like plain soy milk though, the sweetened/flavored ones are like drinking vanilla frosting. Bleh.

#45 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Oh man. I had vanilla almond milk one time. I thought I was going to have insta-diabeetus.

#46 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

Oh man. I had vanilla almond milk one time. I thought I was going to have insta-diabeetus.

Oh yeah that's even worse, that's thick and really sweet. [barfs]

Although I had some soy milk from a local asian store sweetened with like "pandan leaves" which are like related to raw sugar cane?? It was actually pretty good.

#47 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Yes! I did say I wanted one. I've been away this week and just got home today so although I've been lurking I haven't posted.

20 things... I'll try...

1) I have a son, he's 5 months and I think he's the best thing in the world. I possibly talk too much about him but he's amazing.. (sorry, everyone!)

3) Around raising a family I want to study nursing. I need to be in a job that is people focussed.

4) I turned 30 this year, I spent it curled up on a sofa with my boy, both of us full of snot! Last week I found my first grey hair, my mum was impressed it didn't happen sooner.

6) My favourite place in the world is the Lake District, just as well I only live a couple of hours away! It's stunning.

9) I met my husband on a sailing ship, he was the 2nd Mate and I was onboard for 8 weeks.

11) My favourite animal is a duck because they always look and sound happy. One day I want a house with a duck pond at the bottom of the garden.

12) I'm not really afraid of much but I hate feeling claustrophobic. I need to know I can step back and make some space.

13) I love heights but hate falling/feeling like I might fall. I did a bungee jump once, they had to push me.. then when I was at the bottom I can remember thinking I was bored of bouncing up and down.

14) My favourite thing to make at Christmas is mushroom and sherry soup and mulled wine (real mulled wine, non of this 'spice sachet' business).

15) I don't really have a favourite band, but bands that I have consistently loved are Muse and The Dave Matthews Band. I also secretly love McFly. I love strong female singers, when I was a teenager my computer time was always combined with belting out diva songs and musicals.

17) Right now I'm listening to a podcast by Aussie radio/tv duo Hamish and Andy. They always make me laugh.

19) I love reading, the first book I ever read by myself was The House At Pooh Corner. As a result the original Winnie the Pooh books always have a special place in my heart.

My bedtime is soon and I've spent 5 hours travelling today after a really exhausting week, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense!!

Oh bleh you've had a rough week too. Make sure u take breaks and take care of yourself! :0

1) Do you have pictures of him? What's his name? I was never too enamored with babies until my sister grew up and I suddenly missed the time when she couldn't quite talk.

5) Oh wow, what instruments do you play? I used to play piano and I can play flute and piccolo.

6) I just looked up some pictures and wow! I live in Michigan so we have the Great Lakes but I'd love to be around more mountains.

9) That's really cool, what were you on that ship for?

10) You're not the only one! I'll have to get a list of all the Nutella...nuts on SixtyGig and draw all of you as little characters in a giant jar of Nutella lol

14) Mmm...I wish I had the recipe for that, it sounds really good.

15) MUSE! :D I love Muse! What did you think of their album the 2nd law? Muse experimented with dubstep a little and I was alright with it, although it's not something I'd listen to for hours on end.

19) My first books were Winnie the Pooh books too-I loved Piglet, and I still have lots of Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals.

You seemed pretty coherent! :D

#48 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

20 things... I'll try...

Oh whoops I forgot to ask:

Can you post some pictures of yourself or your minecraft skin, so I have a reference for what I'll be drawing?

What do you want your character to be doing, and where?

#49 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

This is a brilliant idea!  So many talented people around here, I love it.

Do me next!! (plz)

1. My name is Megan. That's what most people call me around here. That's what you can call me too.
2. I'm a girl that likes girls.  Well, I like boys too. I like everyone, but you get what I mean.
3. I have two cats. One recently acquired through work.  I pulled a 4 month old kitten from under the hood of a car this past October.  Her name is Boo. My other cat is about 7 and her name is Dr. Waffles.
4. I love sports. Watching and playing them. I go to the gym, hike, swim, snowshoe. You name it, if it's outdoors I wanna do it.
5. Since I mentioned snow shoeing, I'm Canadian. East Coast. Currently buried in snow.
6. Most of my working life has been spent as a bartender. Or a Doctor of Mixology, as Danny coined it. And that's much more badass than bartender. Recently transitioned to an office-esque job for stability and income. Because adulthood and that crap.
7. In regards to the ever famous Tea vs. Coffee debate around here, I play both sides of the field, like in so many other aspects of my life. Ha.
8. I'm a total savage at Call of Duty.
9. I write. Mostly naughty stuff that I don't often share. It's a passion I've had since about the age of 14.
10. I used to paint, was pretty decent at it, not something I do anymore though.
11. I play Minecraft to build. I like to clutter everything together, I love it organic and curvy.
12. I'll be 28 this June. I look barely legal.
13. I'm short. Possibly the shortest on the server if memory serves. I stand a whopping 5 feet, 3 inches.  (THIS IS AVERAGE HEIGHT, I TELL YOU!)
14. I've worn glasses since the age of 7. I'm planning to have lasic done within the next couple years.
15. I have nearly perfect teeth, and I've never worn braces. People yell at me when I tell them this.
16. I'm inappropriate and immature. And sometimes offensive.  OK, it might be more than sometimes.
17. I curse. A lot. I can't help it.
18. I love wine. So much. Too much. White, mainly, but really, I don't discriminate.
19. My biggest weakness in life (besides boobs and a nice butt) is soda. Pop, whatever you call it. I love the sugary goodness and find it hard to control myself around it. (much like the boobs and butts)
20. I once worked a summer job in a cemetery. I mowed grass and buried the dead.

Images of me and some of my minecraft builds behind the spoiler tag. Since I don't think you have access to our galleries.

Draw me like one of your French girls! :D

Or however you like, I'm not your boss.

Eyo Megan! Glad you like this idea. :D I think I've seen some of your builds on the dynmap, I'll have to go find those again and chat about them!

2) Yuupp ik exactly what you mean. I'm a panromatic asexual myself, so female, male, nonbinary, I'll go with it. :P

3) What kinds of cats are they? Pictures, maybe?

4) Oh psssh I'm terrible at sports but I do enjoy mountain biking.

7) Eyyy I feel you lol

9) lol out of curiosity, any particular subject/fandom? You totally don't have to answer this. xD

15) whHHAAAAAAAAT

16) whatevvsss lol

17) Psshh some words are just especially satisfying to use

Oh wow I really love that little house, those bricks really work for the roof and the lights and wowowowwow

...I can't help but notice that you have gr8 eyebrows xD

What color/length is your hair currently?

Also, what do you want your character to be wearing/doing, and where? I'm totally down with the "draw me like one of your French girls" pose heh

#50 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

This app/thread is very nice surprise.
A gift of entertainment.
Well done.

I, for one, am very shocked at some of the details I am learning about my friends.
Meg... Likes... W- w- w... white wine!!!
And, Mac slept with the 2nd Mate!

#51 LadyEh

LadyEh
  • PipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Workwench

• 371 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
  • Nationality:Maple Syrup

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Eyo Megan! Glad you like this idea. :D I think I've seen some of your builds on the dynmap, I'll have to go find those again and chat about them!

2) Yuupp ik exactly what you mean. I'm a panromatic asexual myself, so female, male, nonbinary, I'll go with it. :P

3) What kinds of cats are they? Pictures, maybe?

4) Oh psssh I'm terrible at sports but I do enjoy mountain biking.

7) Eyyy I feel you lol

9) lol out of curiosity, any particular subject/fandom? You totally don't have to answer this. xD

15) whHHAAAAAAAAT

16) whatevvsss lol

17) Psshh some words are just especially satisfying to use

Oh wow I really love that little house, those bricks really work for the roof and the lights and wowowowwow

...I can't help but notice that you have gr8 eyebrows xD

What color/length is your hair currently?

Also, what do you want your character to be wearing/doing, and where? I'm totally down with the "draw me like one of your French girls" pose heh

I do have fantastic eyebrows that require minimal maintenance. ;)

My hair's a very light brown, I suppose. A little curly, always styled or wearing a beanie.  It's, eh, shoulder length.  Sits just off my shoulders I guess.

Straight up photos behind the cut this time. Waffles, Boo, and a better shot of my hair, in that order.

Spoiler

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to everything else. I want to see your impression, more than anything. :) I wear a lot of jeans and tank tops.  Sneakers, hoodies, stuff like that.  However you wanna draw me.

To answer your question about the writing, I write fiction. Just characters straight out of my imagination.  Some of them are pretty great. :D

This app/thread is very nice surprise.
A gift of entertainment.
Well done.

I, for one, am very shocked at some of the details I am learning about my friends.
Meg... Likes... W- w- w... white wine!!!
And, Mac slept with the 2nd Mate!

Shocking fact about me, I know.  Not well known.

"There are few things in the world that make me angrier than poverty, the lack of basic human civil rights, and the fact that most women's clothes don't have pockets." --Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy

#52 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

Of course Megs! LOL It's totally average.....that's why some call it 'fun-sized'. ;)

@ Ros,

Poetry? Interesting! Ok... let's have it! :)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#53 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

Have at it ;)

http://bleakpartsofa...ul.blogspot.dk/

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#54 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

That poetry is an aesthetic by itself.

My favorite is the untitled poem that begins with "I have two faces." 

What genre would you classify your poetry as?

#55 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

I do have fantastic eyebrows that require minimal maintenance. ;)

My hair's a very light brown, I suppose. A little curly, always styled or wearing a beanie.  It's, eh, shoulder length.  Sits just off my shoulders I guess.

Straight up photos behind the cut this time. Waffles, Boo, and a better shot of my hair, in that order.

Spoiler

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to everything else. I want to see your impression, more than anything. :) I wear a lot of jeans and tank tops.  Sneakers, hoodies, stuff like that.  However you wanna draw me.

To answer your question about the writing, I write fiction. Just characters straight out of my imagination.  Some of them are pretty great. :D

:0 Cats! [jealous noises] Boo is me all day every day. Naps are fantastic.

lol any chance of you posting anything sfw about them?

As tempting as it is to use the "draw me like one of your french girls" pose, I think I'll go with a more minecraft based one for this drawing. Although I may do a doodle of the french girls pose xD (similar to Stacy's BUTTS! :D doodle)

I don't always work the fastest lol so I'm probably not going to get all of these done before the 28th but I'll eventually finish them. :D

#56 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

That poetry is an aesthetic by itself.

My favorite is the untitled poem that begins with "I have two faces." 

What genre would you classify your poetry as?

I'm glad you like it, thank you :)

I don't know tbh, never given it much thought. I just write. Suppose it would be dramatic, if anything.

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#57 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

I'm almost done with your's, one last thing: What clothes do you usually wear or would like to wear?

#58 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

I think I already responded to you on Skype, but I wanted to add a snarky comment......

DRAW ME NEKKID LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH GURLS~

#59 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

I think I already responded to you on Skype, but I wanted to add a snarky comment......

DRAW ME NEKKID LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH GURLS~

WELL WHY THE HELL NOT

(will probably do that along with the other doodles in my downtime)

#60 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

Awww yeaaaaah. Nekkid time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users