20 replies to this topic

#1 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hey there!,

My name is Alexandra and I'm currently 16 years old. I've been a female gamer since I can remember and my passion is to play Minecraft and other strategy-like games. So I've been searching for a new server for about 2 weeks and I think your server is rather well thought out, I'm a decent player with a good sense of humour. Recently I have been removed from a server I had devoted a lot of my time to simply because of misogyny, so I'm hoping I will have a better experience if i manage to make it in. I tend to get along well with the male players, I would say I play fairly and I'm very helpful and informative whenever i can be.

I hope to see you soon

Alex :3

#2 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Default..Alex..........

LMMFAO! That is one of the coolest MC names I ever heard!

Well, speaking from the perspective of a '00 Lurker'......I had to come out of the woodwork to say that not only did I like the name but that you taught me a new word (misogyny). And I am grateful now for knowing that word. I shall not forget it.

What would you like to see in your 'dream server' in Minecraft Alex (by default) ?

:)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#3 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hello Alex and welcome to the SG forums :) We love getting to know our potential members, as much as possible, so tell us more about yourself ^^ 

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#4 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Welcome DefaultAlex :)

You've come to the right place for sure. I've just been accepted and had a wonderful first day on the server.

Sorry to hear about your prior experience on that misogynistic server. I saw that a lot when I gamed with my sister in a different game.

As you can probably know, members are going to start asking you questions about yourself!

I am interested in your academic life.

What kind of things are you doing at school? Favourite subject? Honour roll student or just scraping by? Done any Shakespeare yet? I could go on and on but will leave it at that :)

#5 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Welcome to the app process Alex!  Good luck on your app!  We are a fairly easy going bunch of coffee drinkers with a few tea-drinking mysogynists like Ros and Stacy!  Other than those few, we love all you overemotional, whiney, nags  .  .  . um .. .. I mean gals  .  . er .. .. that is . . matriarchs! :P

Keep chatting away with us on the forums and let us get to know you!  That is the best way to open the gateway to 60Gig!

You can try bribing Ray, but ever since Torcido's last attempt he has become a bit gunshy! 

Welcome and have fun!

#6 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Welcome DefaultAlex :)

You've come to the right place for sure. I've just been accepted and had a wonderful first day on the server.

Sorry to hear about your prior experience on that misogynistic server. I saw that a lot when I gamed with my sister in a different game.

As you can probably know, members are going to start asking you questions about yourself!

I am interested in your academic life.

What kind of things are you doing at school? Favourite subject? Honour roll student or just scraping by? Done any Shakespeare yet? I could go on and on but will leave it at that :)

Thanks c: 

I'm currently studying computing and applied business at the moment, but anything ICT related I always try it out! I wouldn't like to call myself an honour roll student but i can at least say that i love what I'm doing and that's good enough for me. As for Shakespeare, I think he was a fantastic play write and poet there's no doubt about that :3

#7 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Welcome to the app process Alex!  Good luck on your app!  We are a fairly easy going bunch of coffee drinkers with a few tea-drinking mysogynists like Ros and Stacy!  Other than those few, we love all you overemotional, whiney, nags  .  .  . um .. .. I mean gals  .  . er .. .. that is . . matriarchs! :P

Keep chatting away with us on the forums and let us get to know you!  That is the best way to open the gateway to 60Gig!

You can try bribing Ray, but ever since Torcido's last attempt he has become a bit gunshy! 

Welcome and have fun!

Thankyou :3

It seems there is a lovely atmosphere here haha

#8 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Default..Alex..........

LMMFAO! That is one of the coolest MC names I ever heard!

Well, speaking from the perspective of a '00 Lurker'......I had to come out of the woodwork to say that not only did I like the name but that you taught me a new word (misogyny). And I am grateful now for knowing that word. I shall not forget it.

What would you like to see in your 'dream server' in Minecraft Alex (by default) ?

:)

Why thankyou :D

I would say my dream server would be one that has a really lovely community where everybody knows each other and is just on the whole friendly! Also perhaps some good rules to follow just to make sure that the server is under control but still enjoyable to play on I guess :D I think the people who play are just as important as the server itself in my opinion.

Thanks for asking c:

#9 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Hello Alex and welcome to the SG forums :) We love getting to know our potential members, as much as possible, so tell us more about yourself ^^ 

Of course! For starters I'm quite shy but I've been really pushing myself into trying new things so please, ask me anything you would like to know :3

#10 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

'Applied business' huh?

Interesting! In my early journey, I wanted nothing to do with business.

What pulled you in the direction of studying business? How is your work and classes going so far?

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#11 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

'Applied business' huh?

Interesting! In my early journey, I wanted nothing to do with business.

What pulled you in the direction of studying business? How is your work and classes going so far?

Oh really? What drove you away from business?, and yeah! I was shocked myself because that totally isn't really what I'd normally do.

I just thought that it seemed to make you come off as more........experienced maybe? Applied business is hard I have to admit but I just know that I'm going to thank myself later c:

Also I'd like to add, am I going about this whole thing right? Should I be asking question too? I over-think a lot of things xD

#12 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Ha ha ha! I think (from what I've gathered so far) you are do just fine kiddo. :)

Indeed, there is no reason to 'over-think' things. And you know that.

Some of us, myself included, must tattoo our brains with this so we don't wreck our selves.

What I meant when I was saying that I wasn't interested, early on, in business....is just that. I never thought my mind would lead to business. I do have a wondering mind. However, I am no guru. And I am not in a position of advising people regarding business.

I'm actually curious what sorts of things you are learning in your class. As I never formally studied business in a conventional academic setting.

Feel free to share anything you are compelled to share or something you find interesting in your applied business class....or any other classes for that matter Alex?

#13 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Ha ha ha! I think (from what I've gathered so far) you are do just fine kiddo. :)

Indeed, there is no reason to 'over-think' things. And you know that.

Some of us, myself included, must tattoo our brains with this so we don't wreck our selves.

What I meant when I was saying that I wasn't interested, early on, in business....is just that. I never thought my mind would lead to business. I do have a wondering mind. However, I am no guru. And I am not in a position of advising people regarding business.

I'm actually curious what sorts of things you are learning in your class. As I never formally studied business in a conventional academic setting.

Feel free to share anything you are compelled to share or something you find interesting in your applied business class....or any other classes for that matter Alex?

Great! okay then c:

We visit industries and businesses to gain some practical experience of the skills, techniques and processes used.

Group project work is also a main part of the course because it boosts self confidence.

Solving examples of real situations in businesses, using materials produced by companies.

We even role play and take part in workplace simulations, with advice from workers in the sector; presenting findings/proposals in a realistic work-focused way; and/or running an enterprise activity, perhaps with expert help from industry.

It's fun i swear :3

#14 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for sharing something of your classroom experiences with us Alex! It sounds fun! Problem solving is sexy fun. :)

Also, just digressing from the subject of business....

I was just remembering earlier about the thing with 'not over-thinking'.....we have a member here who writes 'poetry'. I think it is like a therapy for her as much as anything else if I am not mistaken. And I find this activity quite an inspiration for helping to not over think things in some ways. It is our dear Rosleen herself. And she has given me ideas. ;)

#15 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

Hey there, welcome to the forums. :P I hear you on the misogyny issue; I'm a feminist myself. 

Do you take any other non-required courses/do extra-curricular activities? Fandoms, maybe?

#16 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

Hey there, welcome to the forums. :P I hear you on the misogyny issue; I'm a feminist myself. 

Do you take any other non-required courses/do extra-curricular activities? Fandoms, maybe?

Hi!

I don't really do any extra-curricular activities, I just prefer staying on my computer at home if you know what I mean :)

As for Fandoms, I'm currently in the Phandom, Troyler and Hartbig, all of these i contribute to on Tumblr with things like fanart and fanfictions :3 Thanks for asking It's always great to hear from another feminist! Are you in any Fandoms?

#17 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for sharing something of your classroom experiences with us Alex! It sounds fun! Problem solving is sexy fun. :)

Also, just digressing from the subject of business....

I was just remembering earlier about the thing with 'not over-thinking'.....we have a member here who writes 'poetry'. I think it is like a therapy for her as much as anything else if I am not mistaken. And I find this activity quite an inspiration for helping to not over think things in some ways. It is our dear Rosleen herself. And she has given me ideas. ;)

Yeah! I do find it relaxing to just sit down and write poetry, It's good to know someone else who does it too. It just takes your mind off things. Sometimes I even listen to old-style 18th century audio books because the language is just so meaningful :3

And yes problem solving IS sexy fun xD

#18 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

Poetry is pretty great :) And I do mainly use it to get something out, myself. Or to keep a hold of a certain feeling or thought.

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#19 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi!

I don't really do any extra-curricular activities, I just prefer staying on my computer at home if you know what I mean :)

As for Fandoms, I'm currently in the Phandom, Troyler and Hartbig, all of these i contribute to on Tumblr with things like fanart and fanfictions :3 Thanks for asking It's always great to hear from another feminist! Are you in any Fandoms?

Yeah ik what you mean. I'm usually sleeping or playing Skyrim.

I'm guessing you mean Dan and Phil by Phandom? lol I'm on tumblr as well :P

I'm mostly in show/movie fandoms like the Hobbit/LOTR, Percy Jackson, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls. I don't write fanfic but I do draw fanart occasionally~ x3

#20 DefaultAlex

DefaultAlex
  • Applicant
  • Tree Puncher

• 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hi!

Yeah ik what you mean. I'm usually sleeping or playing Skyrim.

I'm guessing you mean Dan and Phil by Phandom? lol I'm on tumblr as well :P

I'm mostly in show/movie fandoms like the Hobbit/LOTR, Percy Jackson, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls. I don't write fanfic but I do draw fanart occasionally~ x3

I'm more into the elder scrolls online :P

And also the lord of the rings fandom is pretty great, It's always popping up on my dash making me laugh xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users