9 replies to this topic

#1 kazooki

kazooki
  • Tree Puncher

• 55 posts
  • LocationRome
  • Nationality:Thai

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Now that I'm member, I believe that it is time for a proper introduction on myself!

Hi,

My name is Kazuki, I'm a half Thai, half Japanese student with an international influence. Some of my hobbies are Tennis, Gaming ( In any way), and Arts ( In any way). Some of the things that I like are Music such as Jazz and EDM, and watching anime, I also have a strong love for Physics (Specifically Quantum physics) as it is fascinating, to me, to see how things act and react in a Quantum to Atomic level. I also have a deep love for the Star Trek Universe and the Steampunk Universe, I guess you could call me a bit of a nerd, Haha! :D

#2 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

^^ always nice to see an introduction :D Half breeds are the best (half danish, half iranian myself). How have you been enjoying SG so far? :D

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#3 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Hi Kazooki,

Welcome to our crazy universe! :)

Ahhh we all have some kind of nerd in us all.

Quantum physics...interesting subject! Can you recommend any good books on the subject?

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#4 renic_ixillon

renic_ixillon
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Wooden Axe

• 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

My question  .  .  . what happened to the other half of the Japanese student!!!?????

#5 kazooki

kazooki
  • Tree Puncher

• 55 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

^^ always nice to see an introduction :D Half breeds are the best (half danish, half iranian myself). How have you been enjoying SG so far? :D

I love it! I'm planning to create make my own city after I finish my house in Sixty-City. I'm going to make it a Steampunk city.

Hi Kazooki,

Welcome to our crazy universe! :)

Ahhh we all have some kind of nerd in us all.

Quantum physics...interesting subject! Can you recommend any good books on the subject?

Hi InvisibleCat007,

I'm currently reading the book "Neutrino" by Frank Close, basically they talk about how the Neutrino was discovered. Another book, although not exactly about Quantum physics, is "Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku, which talks about different theories such as String Theory and Einsteins theory of special relativity, the multiverse and higher dimensions.

Hope you enjoy them. :D

My question  .  .  . what happened to the other half of the Japanese student!!!?????

He used to be like me... until he to an arrow to the knee. :P

#6 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

Particle Physics! Love it, if my math was better I would have pursued that science. I have to comfort myself by dabbling in electronics instead  and counting using my fingers 8)

I follow the progress of the Hadron Collider- LHC avidly, do you have any predictions for the new experiments? The nature of dark matter, ant-matter?

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#7 kazooki

kazooki
  • Tree Puncher

• 55 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

Particle Physics! Love it, if my math was better I would have pursued that science. I have to comfort myself by dabbling in electronics instead  and counting using my fingers 8)

I follow the progress of the Hadron Collider- LHC avidly, do you have any predictions for the new experiments? The nature of dark matter, ant-matter?

Like many scientists believe, I think that dark matter will unlock a new source of energy to fuel the world. Same goes with anti-matter since it is able to create huge amounts of energy when collided with matter. What I'm mainly interested in is exotic energy, although its discovery is for the far future, I've heard/read that it's supposed to be able to expand space where as matter contracts it. Once it is found, it should be possible to create stable worm wholes within space and put Alcubierre drive to use.

#8 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Like many scientists believe, I think that dark matter will unlock a new source of energy to fuel the world. Same goes with anti-matter since it is able to create huge amounts of energy when collided with matter. What I'm mainly interested in is exotic energy, although its discovery is for the far future, I've heard/read that it's supposed to be able to expand space where as matter contracts it. Once it is found, it should be possible to create stable worm wholes within space and put Alcubierre drive to use.

"Exotic energy"....that's a sexy term. Them are sexy words. I like where you are going with this Kazooki. :)

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#9 WordlyWalker

WordlyWalker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Inactive
  • Wooden Axe

• 533 posts
  • LocationNorth West England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

I think you are confusing "exotic" with "Erotic"
I like coffee!

#10 kazooki