#1 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

I see this all the time on SG.  Main map and wilds.  Traveling, breaking a block, opening a chest, chopping wood, etc. causes all or part of the area to not be rendered (all I see are block frames when a block is highlighted.  It is a great cheat to see what is under ground, but makes for lousy video and makes it difficult when you can't see where you are going.  I usually play between 10am and 1pm GMT and there are from 0-3 others logged in.  I don't have this issue SP nor one the one other server I play on sometimes (it is also 1.7.2 vanilla).  Anyone else have this issue?  Is it common?  Any suggestions as to what to try?  My ping is good and I did a visual rout check and it also looks fine.  Here is a short sample of what is happening.

http://youtu.be/pqtZlfmI-wM

#2 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

I've never had that issue myself. Any mods, optifine especially? Might try making a fresh MC version profile, and see if it continues. You might also try the default resource pack instead of soartex, to see if that is somehow messing things up. :)
There used to be something here..

#3 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

Tried changing to default resource pack, didn't help.  I am running Optifine, I'll try without that.

Well, eliminating Optifine seems to have done the trick.  It has in the past seemed to fix some similar issues.

Antway, thanks Blue for the suggestion.

#4 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Tried changing to default resource pack, didn't help.  I am running Optifine, I'll try without that.

Well, eliminating Optifine seems to have done the trick.  It has in the past seemed to fix some similar issues.

Antway, thanks Blue for the suggestion.

Np! If you still want to run Optifine, you could try installing it fresh. It was probably a setting that was wrong, or just a glitch in the installation.
There used to be something here..

#5 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

Well, it works fine on the other 1.7.2 server so I'll probably just leave it off.  I will check if there is a newer release of the 1.7.2 version.  The one I use is HD-U-D5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users