88 replies to this topic

#1 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Hi, my name is Doug, and my IGN is Drahmee, I'm a 44 yo Male from Vancouver, Canada. I've been playing MC since Aug 2010, and have played on zero.minr.org, Reliccraft (defunct), and Dewcraft (defunct, owner also recently passed). I've been looking for recreational play on a server with a main world with no resets, and a secondary world for mining. I'm more of a miner than PvPer, although I have experience at both. I'm also a bit of a mazebuilder, a bit of which can be viewed here:

Looking forward to joining this community!

Thanks so much!

Doug

#2 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

Reading other applications and questions asked, I thought I'd expand more on my application, especially since I only found this server today, and the cutoff is tomorrow.

I have lived in British Columbia, which has the tourism motto, "The Best Place on Earth" (because where you are sucks?) for my whole life. What a HORRIBLE motto...lol

The weather is temperate year-round, and really rainy. (Think Grey's Anatomy rainy). I went to college, and hated it, although it might be because of the courses I took: English, Canadian History Pre 1914, Psychology, Calculus, and Linear Algebra). I've travelled to the Middle East, and was fishing on the Persion Gulf when Y2K happened. I've worked in the same job for 17 years, and it pays the bills, is recession proof, but not at all challenging. I've got two little ones, a daughter who is two-and-a-half, and a son who is 8 months old. I run a Christian Softball League, and I am a Christian, however I'm not a "churchian". I have strong beliefs, however I do not criticize others based on how they live. My favourite quote is from Mahatma Ghandi, who said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ." I'm the guy you see stopped on the side of the road to help someone whose car has broken down. I do it about 50 times a year, and usually there isn't much I can do other than offer the use of my cellphone, but that doesn't mean I should just drive by.

I hate bullies. People tried to bully me when I was younger, but I had a great support system, and I had a chip on my shoulder. Plus, my dad taught hand-to-hand combat in the Canadian military, so I never lost a fight growing up. Lol

I dream of winning the lotto so I can quit my job and spend all day with my kids, rather than the 6 hours I get now on the days I work.

Nuff said!

#3 fishbrine

fishbrine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Peachy

• 730 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hi Doug. Welcome to the forum.

I enjoyed your straight forward and honest application.

There's one aspect that might get people to react. And I think you know what I mean ...

I've got news for you.

I'll put it to you straight.

You're not going to win the lottery. The odds are astounding poor.

Ha.. J/k.

Tea or coffee?

#4 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

I've had two cups of coffee in 44 years, and have tea about once a month.

As for the lotto, an acquaintance has won Lotto 6/49 twice, each time at odds of 14 million to one.

Dreams really do come true! Lol

#5 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

Welcome Doug :)

if my calendar is correct the application reviews happened last friday already, so you just missed this round. But please make sure to stick around and get to know us during the next month!

I enjoyed reading your application (and watching that scary video :P) and I think you'd be a good fit for our little community. :)

And good luck with that lottery thing! :D

Take care

Claudia

#6 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

Thanks! Looking at my calendar, I realized that Friday was the 1st, so I'd missed the deadline. That gives me time to bore you all with my life, to the point that you approve me just to shut me the heck up! lol

Glad you enjoyed the video!

#7 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

Hi Doug!

Welcome to 60G forum, yes it's a special kind of place 8) By mutual consent we use the word "bacon" to refer to that err situation where you hum, err - delete the map and start again. The word r***t  makes many of us have an allergic reaction 8)

That's not to say that a bacon will not happen, there's a recent thread that's worth a read... or not.

Finally, my favourite "faith quote", author lost in the mists of time, is thus "I thank God I discovered Christ before I discovered the Church" 8) 

Do hang around and be a pain!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#8 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

Marko, can you throw a guy a bacon link? (As opposed to a sausage link...)

#9 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

http://sixtygig.com/...-server-update/

A fair bit of the OT stuff can be ignored, but the crux of the dilemma is there  8)

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#10 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

Hi Doug! and welcome to the forums :) As previously stated, I fear you'll have to wait around, for the next application review which will be.... lemme see.. May 29th :)

I look forward to getting to know you!

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#11 61tasc130fe

61tasc130fe
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 108 posts
  • LocationGlen Rock, PA (USA)
  • Nationality:American

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

Holy crap are we resetting the server???? What - when did this happen???

Sorry just had to do that - welcome to the 60Gig forums Doug. Don't let these tea and coffee people intimidate you. I went from coffee to tea to water and I am still around. This is an awesome group of people - we have a very nice community here. Hopefully you'll hang around and make the cut.

#12 Raymadin

Raymadin
  • Tree Puncher

• 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

Hi Doug,

I live in Vancouver too :)

I liked your write-up. I think most of us have grown up with a bully-type experience--either as a victim, bystander, or the bully!

I was the victim but survived too.

Sooo what do you think of those Canucks?

#13 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

http://sixtygig.com/...-server-update/

A fair bit of the OT stuff can be ignored, but the crux of the dilemma is there  8)

Thanks! I read it, it was very dry, I yawned, and now I'm back!

#14 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hi Doug! and welcome to the forums :) As previously stated, I fear you'll have to wait around, for the next application review which will be.... lemme see.. May 29th :)

I look forward to getting to know you!

May 29th? Yikes!!

I may have to make a few batches of ymerdrys to tide me over!

I'm so so hungry...

#15 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Holy crap are we resetting the server???? What - when did this happen???

Sorry just had to do that - welcome to the 60Gig forums Doug. Don't let these tea and coffee people intimidate you. I went from coffee to tea to water and I am still around. This is an awesome group of people - we have a very nice community here. Hopefully you'll hang around and make the cut.

I don't expect to make the cut, I expect to be at the top of the class! Have you checked out the video above? Have you? If not, go do that now!

As for drinks, when do you guys start serving the vodka paralyzers?

#16 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

Hi Doug,

I live in Vancouver too :)

I liked your write-up. I think most of us have grown up with a bully-type experience--either as a victim, bystander, or the bully!

I was the victim but survived too.

Sooo what do you think of those Canucks?

Whereabouts in Greater Vancouver do you live? I live in Surrey near the Langley border.

Weirdly, I knew people were trying to bully me, but the physical stuff was never successful because my cardinal rule was to hit someone back 5x harder than they hit me. One guy continued harassing me into Grade 12. He did finally stop. I was 6' and 220lbs, and I picked him up and threw him as hard as I could backwards into a brick wall. He never bothered me again after that.

As for the Canucks, I think there will be attempts to move players with no-trade clauses. They just seem unable to step up their game for the playoffs. Even if they had gotten past the Flames, they would've gotten slaughtered by the Ducks, just like the Flames will. Maybe next year...

My prediction: Ducks in 4.

#17 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

My mum loves ymerdrys xD

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#18 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

My mum loves ymerdrys xD

What?!?

You don't like ymerdrys? Are you sure you're Danish? lol

#19 zblu64

zblu64
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 205 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

As a Ducks fan I approve of your prediction! (I'm actually on my way home from watching the Ducks slaughter the Flames in Game 1) #LetGoDucks #PaintItOrange
You can't get there from here.

#20 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

I'm on my way home. I presume when you say 'Flames' you are talking of sports. Don't forget, I facilitate 'everything'.

Except 'competition'. I don't approve of competition. There is no such thing. I am the invisible Flame. And I am the great principle of any subject of "Flames".

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users