88 replies to this topic

#21 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

As a Ducks fan I approve of your prediction! (I'm actually on my way home from watching the Ducks slaughter the Flames in Game 1) #LetGoDucks #PaintItOrange

Well, Calgary officially sucks! 6-1? I think that's the worst beating this playoffs....

#PutOutTheFlames

#22 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

I'm on my way home. I presume when you say 'Flames' you are talking of sports. Don't forget, I facilitate 'everything'.

Except 'competition'. I don't approve of competition. There is no such thing. I am the invisible Flame. And I am the great principle of any subject of "Flames".

I think you are the "principal", not the principle. As in, the principal person with knowledge. Unless of course I misunderstand your way of thinking. You are rather verbose.

#Obfuscate

#23 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

My mum loves ymerdrys xD

What?!?

You don't like ymerdrys? Are you sure you're Danish? lol

Hah no.. I'm only half a dane ^^ I don't even like ymer..

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#24 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

My mum loves ymerdrys xD

What?!?

You don't like ymerdrys? Are you sure you're Danish? lol

Hah no.. I'm only half a dane ^^ I don't even like ymer..

Maybe you could open up the world's first ymerdrys shawarma shop! Copenhagen probably doesn't have one yet! When I was in Qatar I loved me a good shawarma. That and visiting the Souks.

#25 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

There are a million shawarma shops here :D none combined with Ymer though..

#26 vedisdragon

vedisdragon
  • Pip
  • Applicant
  • Log

• 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

:0 Did someone say shawarma?? I'd never say no to good food.

What's ymer?

Welcome to the public forums, Drahmee! :P These forums have been rather quiet lately-it's good to see some new activity. I've read your application and as someone who lives in a town that's primarily Catholic, conservative, and not very welcoming towards non-Caucasian "pagan" people, I really appreciate your tolerance of different beliefs. ^^

Ah and on the subject of applications - Are the results coming out today or next week? :0

#27 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

There are a million shawarma shops here :D none combined with Ymer though..

See, I have a unique idea. You should make such a shop, and send me a 10% commission for the idea!

#28 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hah ^^ I think I shall pass. The competition on take away is fierce in Copenhagen :D

#29 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

:0 Did someone say shawarma?? I'd never say no to good food.

What's ymer?

More info on ymerdrys:

http://mydanishkitch...05/07/ymerdrys/

#30 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

I've read your application and as someone who lives in a town that's primarily Catholic, conservative, and not very welcoming towards non-Caucasian "pagan" people, I really appreciate your tolerance of different beliefs. ^^

This is the thing:

As a Christian, I'm supposed to model the way Jesus wants me to live, which should naturally intrigue people, since God has instilled that same desire in all people. Now when I don't, I as a sinner am turning them away from Jesus.

My major problem with non-religious people is that, just as there are a lot of pushy Christians, there are a lot of pushy non-Christians who believe that they need to make everyone do what they want. Like the gay couple who wanted a business to be forced to make a cake for their wedding, when the business owner said that it was against their beliefs.

I guess the question is, where do you draw the line? Personally, I would have made the cake for them, as it's not my place to judge them, I'll leave that up to God. BUt should I be forced to?

My half-sister is gay, and lives with her partner in Vienna. We hadn't talked since my dad's passing in 1995, and she was hesitant to reconnect since she knows I'm a devout Christian. I guess she assumed that I'd disapprove of her lifestyle. I'm more of the belief that sexuality is on a scale from heterosexual to homosexual, and there are degrees in that scale, from completely homosexual, to bisexual, to completely heterosexual.

Maybe this is related to a chemical imbalance in the brain(the isthmus, part of the corpus callosum, is larger is gay males versus non-gay males), maybe it's a sin that we are supposed to overcome(like alcohol, drugs, adultery), or maybe we are just supposed to love who we want. I do not know.

What I do know is that Jesus asks us to love others like He loves us. Since He died for all our sins because of His love for us, I think that it is hard for us to understand.

I think Christians focus much to much on homosexuality. Jesus doesn't mention it in the New Testament. He does however mention divorce in Matthew Ch. 5.

Things to think about...

#31 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

Hah ^^ I think I shall pass. The competition on take away is fierce in Copenhagen :D

How about a bowling alley, Canadian style?  We have 5 pin bowling, our own version of bowling. Balls are smaller, max score is 450 instead of 300, and no holes in the balls.

#32 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Not all that huge in Denmark, mainly something people do for company outings ;)

#33 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Not all that huge in Denmark, mainly something people do for company outings ;)

What do you do for leisure in Denmark? Well, other than table tennis...

#34 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

Well... I usually play computer ;) and drink tea and knit. Going out for beer is common here.

#35 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

I prefer a Vodka Paralyzer myself, on those few occasions I do drink.

#36 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

So, you guys don't ask whether someone has been banned from other servers?

#37 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

We assume you'd tell us if it was the case :) Otherwise, we'll find out before you get on the server anyway ^^

#38 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

We assume you'd tell us if it was the case :) Otherwise, we'll find out before you get on the server anyway ^^

You may be giving people too much of the benefit of the doubt. I've played on probably 30 or more servers, most for just a short time. I have been banned once, and it's an interesting story. It was not reported to MCBans, so if I didn't mention it it would likely be hard to find out about.

Now to the story:

So, I joined zero.minr.org in August of 2010 (it is the 2nd oldest continually running server in MC, using it's original map even!). I played for about 5 months, and a IRL friend of an IRL friend was an Admin. I became an Admin in about February 2011, and due to other Admins leaving the server or getting banned by the owner, became the defacto go-to-guy. The owner limited his time, and I probably played more than any other player. I was also the Maze Admin, who oversaw players getting build rights after completing a series of mazes which I built, oversaw, and/or changed up. One player even took 77 hours of gameplay to get build rights. Anyways, the owner was a peculiar duck. He had mentioned to me that he was having difficulty paying for the server, so I arranged fundraising for him, and I was the largest contributor, so when he demoted me he actually shot himself in the foot.

I was demoted immediately after killing him by /ungoding him, and hacking him to death for the 5th time. After I was demoted, he cleared house and demoted every admin within a couple of months, and then promoted new people.

I was banned a number of months later after playing on a new server which another ex-Admin started from Zero, and admitting that when he demoted me he left my god mode on and also left me warps all over the server, including in my mazes. A player who still played on Zero was on and must have reported back. To this day, the message I get when trying to log in says that I was banned for spamming.

While I miss that server still, I don't miss the owner. As we all know if we've played multiple servers in our MC careers, there are good player and bad players, and good server owners and bad ones.

Any questions? Lol

#39 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm mentioned here:

http://forums.minr.o.../#post-6560Sren covered my topic of choice, but I can elaborate more:

Pre-beta 1.8, Mineco was a pain to beat. Without sprint and health regeneration, some old 2-across-1-up jumps would be the hardest things we'd have to face. Once sprint became a thing, most of our parkour dipped drastically in difficulty because all of the new shortcuts made jumps easy or altogether avoidable. However, with sprint came a new diversity of jumps that could be used, and we as the parkour pioneers that we were took full advantage of it, bringing us some of the best courses we have now. Also, after Drahmee (previous course admin) left, the quality of FFA started declining, due to everyone having their creations thrown in. There was no longer much organization to the maps, and the staff were each throwing in their two cents to change HC without minding FFA too much. I have watched and had a huge part in fixing this system up, and there is still a bit to do, but it is much better than it was.

- Sprint ruined many old maps but brought in the best works we have now
- FFA had lost some quality but rebounded to be much better than it had ever been before

#40 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

Thank you for being frank about it Drahmee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users