88 replies to this topic

#41 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

Thank you for being frank about it Drahmee :)

Meh.

I've got nothing to be ashamed about in that regard. I can't control how an owner runs their server. All I can do is leave if I don't like it, which is exactly what I did. I just play to have fun, but I also realize that people frequently can't agree on things, and in those situations it's just best to move along.

#42 cap_dikkop

cap_dikkop
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 82 posts
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

Hey drahmee. Welcome.

#43 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

Hey drahmee. Welcome.

Thanks! I saw you reading the topic. Have you looked at the video embedded in the first post of my application? Please do!

#44 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hi Rosleen,

I received email alerts a few hours ago regarding posts in this thread, however they appear to have been deleted. Is this the case, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Doug

#45 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark
  • Nationality:Danish/Iranien

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

Ah no :) that's cause it was not something that should have been said, or ever read. Nothing concerning you ofcourse, and I wanted to spare you the read :)

Fueled by Tea and Chocolate

#46 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

Darn, I had the perfect response too!

*whispers* Aphasia

#47 cap_dikkop

cap_dikkop
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 82 posts
  • Nationality:Dutch

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Hi Rosleen,

I received email alerts a few hours ago regarding posts in this thread, however they appear to have been deleted. Is this the case, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Doug

Hey Drahmee, I did see the video and I must say that it looks amazing. I'm really not great at mazes (building/walking them).

But I love the little hidden pass way's that the video seems to show. I used to be on a server that had some PvP plug-ins and I made most of the arenas with maze kind of fights that's the closest If been to maze building.

#48 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

;)

Well back to something more game related :D

How do you like to play MC`?

#49 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

I'm a miner, so I like exploring and finding things. Probably the most I've enjoyed was Dewcraft, which was full PvP/survival. Required mining as looking out...lol

#50 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England
  • Nationality:British

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hi, Drahmee. Welcome :) You have a good application. I expect aMAZEing things if you're accepted onto the server ;) (I'm sorry, it was just too good to miss. I'll get my coat.) Good luck with your app.

Non MC question here: What hobbies do you have? 

#51 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

Hi, Drahmee. Welcome :) You have a good application. I expect aMAZEing things if you're accepted onto the server ;) (I'm sorry, it was just too good to miss. I'll get my coat.) Good luck with your app.

I would consider rebuilding Mob Parkour on this server, but it would likely take me 30 or more hours, so not likely. It would be my fourth version of it.

As for hobbies, I run a Christian Softball league, and I've got two little ones, so hobbies have been put aside for now. I do like gaming and softball though.

I've been planning a vacation for a year now, and I'm really going to enjoy it! It's going to be here:

https://www.flickr.c...sion/2284323154

9 days, 9km hike each way, with a 1km vertical elevation change, and nothing provided except pit toilets. No campfires allowed, and no vehicles to get there faster. I'll have to hike and bring everthing with me: tent, bed roll, sleeping bag, clothes (it can also snow year-round), food, fishing gear, toilet paper, mini propane tanks, burner, pots/pans, plus whatever else I need.

#52 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Ah, here's a hobby I am still doing: I am writing a TV show. I'm fleshing out the series-long story arc right now, and developing the character's traits and histories. Hope to do a bunch more in this regard during my time at Garibaldi Lake.

#53 Rosleen

Rosleen
  • Veteran
  • Application Manager

• 2,622 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

oh wow that place... Got room for one more?

#54 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

oh wow that place... Got room for one more?

LOL...I'm not even taking the wife or the kids, much less any of my Christian friends. Just need some time to reconnect with me, with God, and do some writing!

#55 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

Wow, that place is stunning! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, there's something special about getting back to basics.

I'm the same with not having time for hobbies. I have a 6 month old.. When he sleeps I do housework!

#56 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:21 AM

Wow, that place is stunning! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, there's something special about getting back to basics.

I'm the same with not having time for hobbies. I have a 6 month old.. When he sleeps I do housework!

When we had the second baby, I thought it would add about 50% more work. It actually tripled the workload....lol

#57 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

These questions are for anyone.

Is there an enchantment room for general use?

Is there an economy plugin? (Can we sell items on the server)

Is the wilderness world a free-for-all, or can players claim areas for their exclusive use?

Are things like strongholds harvestable?

Thanks in advance!

#58 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Rosleen,

I recently happened upon the Faroe Islands during a browsing session, and wanted more info on them, thus the search. Have you ever been there? I noticed there is a ferry to there from Copenhagen, however it's about a 46 hour trip.

#59 Macflea

Macflea
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

When we had the second baby, I thought it would add about 50% more work. It actually tripled the workload....lol

I bet.. we're still getting used to one!

To answer your questions:

1. There is an enchantment room in the End, we have a permanent End and a grinder there for those who want to use it. I think there are some around the central city, but I couldn't tell you where.

2. No economy plugin but there are still shops, just name the price on a sign. We work on trust so never have issues with people taking things and not paying. However, everyone is so generous it's rare anything has to be bought!

3. The Wilderness is free for all, you can mine anything, loot strongholds etc. The wilds is for destroying! It gets reset upon Vet request. Any unclaimed dungeons/strongholds etc on the main map can't be looted unless you're claiming it as your build area. Of course it goes without saying to be respectful of other peoples stuff in the wilds but essentially it's a free for all.

Interesting fact about the Faroe Islands.. They have no trees! I found that hard to believe but I have it on good authority from a Faroese girl.

#60 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

I bet.. we're still getting used to one!

To answer your questions:

1. There is an enchantment room in the End, we have a permanent End and a grinder there for those who want to use it. I think there are some around the central city, but I couldn't tell you where.

2. No economy plugin but there are still shops, just name the price on a sign. We work on trust so never have issues with people taking things and not paying. However, everyone is so generous it's rare anything has to be bought!

3. The Wilderness is free for all, you can mine anything, loot strongholds etc. The wilds is for destroying! It gets reset upon Vet request. Any unclaimed dungeons/strongholds etc on the main map can't be looted unless you're claiming it as your build area. Of course it goes without saying to be respectful of other peoples stuff in the wilds but essentially it's a free for all.

Interesting fact about the Faroe Islands.. They have no trees! I found that hard to believe but I have it on good authority from a Faroese girl.

1. I'll need an enchantment room, but on my last server I made one in under 8 hours, including getting the leather.

2. Does the sign auto-buy the items, or just list the price, which then has to be paid using /money pay command?

3. Expect me to raid the wilderness hardcore! LOL

4. Who is this Faroese girl? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users