Photo

Status of SixtyGig; and Minecraft 1.8. What to do?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

I like this plan :)

And good luck for your finals and ofc the RPC thingie! ^^

#122 zeophlite

zeophlite
  • Pip
  • Co-Admin
  • Log

• 123 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

If it pans out, I'll move over the real server, the old map, etc onto the new self-hosted server and shut down the main server.

Does this refer to a server at your home (your #3 from Post 1), or a server that is hosted by someone dedicated (my #5 solution I mentioned in Post 22)?  I think server at your home is fine for the testing period, but I really think that during production, we should use a dedicated host, as I'm very concerned about a "home to home" connection being much slower than a "home to host" connection, especially for us international players.

#123 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

RE: Invisiblecat007 and those who're retorting to him.

Keep it on topic and civil or we'll have to lock the topic to keep you kids in line. And this is too important a discussion to do that, so.... *whipcrack*

<Profound statement>

#124 SoonerDead

SoonerDead
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 167 posts
  • LocationO-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!
  • Nationality:American

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

As I haven't been around in half of forever, I'm fine with whatever is decided and have no strong feeling one way or the other.

Like Invisicat, I understand the frustration of map resets, but unfortunately the way Mojang handles their releases, in order to get access to any new features it typically requires a complete map wipe. I remember many nights on the 60G server with Ray swearing a blood vengeance for what Mojang does. So, unless that changes, map resets - even if they happen infrequently - may just be a fact of life.

Re: Mods, the only one I care about is Dynamap, because I love to see the creations and chat with people from it at work or whatever, but if that were to have to go for the betterment of the server so be it. I completely trust all members here not to take anything that isn't theirs intentionally. I've had my stuff hanging out in the open forever and no one's so much as taken a piece of bread to feed themselves.

Some people build towers... I just dig holes....

On my way down again, on my way down

#125 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

Just to be pedantic, I was not suggesting scheduled resets in my last. Someone misread and it propagated  8)  

I am suggesting clarity.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#126 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:55 AM

Hey all!

Sorry, if this sounds pushy, but has there been any kind of developement on this matter yet? As in: Ray, have you started testing? Would love some kind of update on this.

Thank you!

Claudia

#127 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:39 AM

There have been some developments, but we're still trying to sort a few things out.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users