15 replies to this topic

#1 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Most of the old timers on the server know that when it comes to builds i suffer from delusions of grandeur...

... and when the conversation about upgrading the server mc version started, I came to the realisation that my ancient egyptian city build's hourglass is running out of sand.

So I decided that I should ask if anyone would be interested in giving a hand in building some of the stuff I have already designed, or help with landscaping / decorating or even contributing new builds to fill the city space.

I'm attaching some of the things i've designed ( or kind of designed, since most of the times the design is a rough approximation of how i imagine stuff ) and would like to build.

Spoiler

Also there's quite a bit of work to be done in the city houses ( place colored carpet on roofs, add windows and doors) and general landscaping, including the harbour - which i have no idea what it should look like.

All in all there's a tonne of things to be done and if anyone would be interested in playing in the sand he/she would be most welcome.

P.S.

The package includes building matterial (offer stands until supplies are exhausted), scoprion bites and unlimited flogging under the sun.

Squaring the circle since 2010.

#2 IryshWhiskey

IryshWhiskey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Established
  • Stick

• 450 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, US
  • Nationality:Irish-American

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm totally down to help but am terrible at pretty. So if someone wants to tell me what to do, I'll be your Egyptian Minecraft slave, np.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Posted Image

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't say a reset is going to happen! It was initially proposed as a worst-case scenario, and AFAIK there isn't cause for panic. Chances are, we keep the map, whichever route we end up taking. :)

Despite that, I'd be happy to help just in case! Although I don't think I can build very well, I'd be happy to donate mats! I'm constantly short on glass and sand, but is there anything else you need a lot of?
There used to be something here..

#4 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

I'm humbled by your skills ili, I'm also useless at pretty and would be a liability not a help - whatever, it looks fabulous and you have my admiration!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#5 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

Hey ili :)

I'm good at pretty but terrible at counting so I'll volunteer for the housing decorations. ;)

#6 Macflea

Macflea
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Iron Ore

• 1,245 posts
  • LocationNorth East, England

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

Ili, I'm more than happy to help but I'm not on much at all at the moment. Also I'm not much of a builder.. however, I'm more than willing to lay carpet on rooves! Just let me know what colour goes where and I can plug away at it whenever I log on.

#7 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

Ili, I'd love to provide my limited building skills once this rail line stops kicking my butt.  I'll let you know when I'm available.

#8 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

First of all I would like to thank all of you.

Now more specifically.

... I'd be happy to donate mats! I'm constantly short on glass and sand, but is there anything else you need a lot of?

I think i have enough sand mats atm ... if i run out of anything i'll give a shout.

I'm good at pretty but terrible at counting so I'll volunteer for the housing decorations.

Wasn't planning to decorate the inside of houses ... but I'd like your skills for the inn as soon as i have the walls done. ( or maybe the long building or anywhere else you fancy )

... however, I'm more than willing to lay carpet on rooves! Just let me know what colour goes where and I can plug away at it whenever I log on.

I was thinking of doing red,brown, pink and maybe orange (?) roofs. If you'd be willing to install some doors and fenced windows as well that'd be great.

Spoiler

I'm totally down to help but am terrible at pretty. So if someone wants to tell me what to do, I'll be your Egyptian Minecraft slave, np.

I think the easiest builds would be either house building - i'll need to zone another residential area at some location - followed by wall building i think. Unless you want to get your hands in one of the other projects ofc...

Ili, I'd love to provide my limited building skills once this rail line stops kicking my butt.  I'll let you know when I'm available.

:)

Again thank you for taking the time and interest to consider helping.

Feel free to pay a visit and look around whenever you fancy ( there is a rail from the FSE station - that has a portal to central -  leading to the storage basement.

If you ever decide to place a block or two you can find mats and tools in the storage.

PS.

I think i shall apoint you as harbour master - as soon as we have a harbour that is -

#9 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Arrrrrrrr!

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#10 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

Ili, I'm over at your place, it is marvelous.  Ready to practice some building skills (or rather gather some).  I kind of started on the half done thingy in the housing area, I think I can handle it if it is like the other half (I might be able to copy???). ;-)>

If that is not okay, let me know.  Or if you would rather I do something else.

#11 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

...I kind of started on the half done thingy in the housing area, I think I can handle it if it is like the other half (I might be able to copy???)....

If you are refering to this

Spoiler
it's supposed to be a market building. It has 4 quarters I've sort of finished one. You can go right ahead and finish it. I can even give you a rough schematic or save with it if you want.

PS.
You can get mats from the chests i have nearby (and the storage ofc).

#12 InvisibleCat007

InvisibleCat007
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • Coal

• 644 posts
  • LocationWA (state) USA
  • Nationality:Dumb American

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

Ili I am not equiped to help you build. However I love you. If that helps.

My one eye is closed so I can keep an eye on myself. The other eye remains cracked open so I can keep an eye on you. For you are beautiful and someone must hold a space for you to shine and live in complete freedom when you will not see. What this means in literal context is this: Each of my two eyes are looking 'at you' and 'for you'. – Dustin Strong

#13 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

Yeap, that is the place.  I kind of figured it was a market...  I'll see what I can do. :-)>

#14 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

... If that helps.

All positive energy is greatly appreciated ;)

#15 iliplayz

iliplayz
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Yeap, that is the place.  I kind of figured it was a market...  I'll see what I can do. :-)>

Not sure how much of a help this is going to be but I'm attaching a save with the design ... not sure it's 100% exact as the wing I've already built but it's what i used as a guide. (maybe the carpet colour differs ) http://www.filedropp...m/desert-market

#16 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

Thanks, that should save some running back and forth. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users