Photo

All things SixtyGig! Questions I have...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

So, in the Wilderness map, we are free to mine, including near other people's buildings, just leave structures alone. Correct?

Players are free to harvest NPC village crops, but should these crops be replanted? I would, but it looks on the map like they aren't being replanted.

#2 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:15 AM

All the rules we have are there to keep the game as fair to everyone as possible. So its mostly common sense.

In the wilds you can go crazy, strip hole mineshafts, temples whatever you find. Just always try to treat others like you'd wanna be treated. So if you mine close to a player's building and you happen to dig into their stripmine, just turn around and dig another way. Ofc you can always ask if you can use their tunnels to go further and few would deny that, but its all a question of respect and polite cooperation.

As for replanting crops - why not? Give the next player to come across the village the chance to harvest something. Its not a "rule" but it can be the nice thing to do. You never know when a single carrot saves someone from starving. ;)

#3 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

Also note that structures in the main map such as dungeons or villages can't be looted, unless you're specifically using them in a build (ex. mob spawner). This includes the chests. Technically, this also means replanting crops, but it's not always respected ;)
There used to be something here..

#4 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

As for replanting crops - why not? Give the next player to come across the village the chance to harvest something. Its not a "rule" but it can be the nice thing to do. You never know when a single carrot saves someone from starving. ;)

That's what I thought. And what I'd do. However on the LiveMap, it appears almost all NPC farms were raided and not replanted (approximately 10 out of 12). I was actually thinking that as long as you weren't trying to be greedy with the wheat/carrots/potatoes, it would be appropriate to replant since for you it is a free benefit you come upon.

#5 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

Also note that structures in the main map such as dungeons or villages can't be looted, unless you're specifically using them in a build (ex. mob spawner). This includes the chests. Technically, this also means replanting crops, but it's not always respected ;)

So you can create a mob trap using a mob spawner in your own area on the main map?

#6 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

So you can create a mob trap using a mob spawner in your own area on the main map?
Yeah, that's good. Just don't loot things without using it. :)

#7 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

Huh? Do you mean to only loot the mobs coming from the trap, or do you mean something else?

#8 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Huh? Do you mean to only loot the mobs coming from the trap, or do you mean something else?
No, I meant that you should leave the spawner alone until you actually build the farm. Then you have free reign ;) The rule is just meant to stop people looting dungeons (read: taking items from chests) unless they're actually going to use it.

Sorry I was unclear!

Edit: That's just the main map, by the way. Anything goes for the wilds, but there are some common courtesies.

#9 Pheonyxe5

Pheonyxe5
  • PipPip
  • Inactive
  • Plank

• 219 posts
  • LocationCarmel, CA

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

That's what I thought. And what I'd do. However on the LiveMap, it appears almost all NPC farms were raided and not replanted (approximately 10 out of 12). I was actually thinking that as long as you weren't trying to be greedy with the wheat/carrots/potatoes, it would be appropriate to replant since for you it is a free benefit you come upon.

When it comes to the wilds, those of us who raid villages/temples/strongholds leave some marker or clue that can be seen on DynMap that whichever feature it is has already been explored and goods taken, that way other treasure hunters/Explorers don't end up making a journey for no reason.  This is most likely the reason that you see empty villager farms across the Wilds map, since that is a quick way to indicate that someone has already been there.  But if you were to raid a villager farm, there is no rule in place preventing you from the kindly gesture of replanting the goods as it could very well help someone in need!  There are other ways of indicating a raided village, though not as easy as removing the wool from a desert temple..

A DynMap sign could be placed as well, but if the sign is not removed before the Wilds is reset, the sign will remain on the Live Map until that chunk is loaded again, so most of us tend to avoid using the signs anywhere except our temp wilds locations.  It is much easier to remember to take a sign down from a building your moving out of, then a building you placed a sign on 5,000 blocks away.

If you are referring to the main map though.. Blue is right, players technically should be replanting those if the village isn't a part of their build claim, and I couldn't give any insight as to why they might not be..

:red_rose_32px: "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses" :red_rose_32px:

#10 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Anything goes for the wilds, but there are some common courtesies.

What are the common courtesies?

#11 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

When it comes to the wilds, those of us who raid villages/temples/strongholds leave some marker or clue that can be seen on DynMap that whichever feature it is has already been explored and goods taken, that way other treasure hunters/Explorers don't end up making a journey for no reason.  This is most likely the reason that you see empty villager farms across the Wilds map, since that is a quick way to indicate that someone has already been there.  But if you were to raid a villager farm, there is no rule in place preventing you from the kindly gesture of replanting the goods as it could very well help someone in need!  There are other ways of indicating a raided village, though not as easy as removing the wool from a desert temple..

For example, replanting some of the plots, but not all of them.

#12 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

BTW, when was the last time the Wilderness was reset?

Any idea when the next reset might be, roughly?

#13 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

The last reset was start of... march iirc. We decided to reset on request, so there is no telling atm when that will be. We haven't talked about this yet, but I'd expect like a month warning before a reset so we all have ample time to get our stuff out.

Atm it looks like it still has lots of blocks in it. ;)

#14 Drahmee

Drahmee
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:21 AM

The last reset was start of... march iirc. We decided to reset on request, so there is no telling atm when that will be. We haven't talked about this yet, but I'd expect like a month warning before a reset so we all have ample time to get our stuff out.

Atm it looks like it still has lots of blocks in it. ;)

The far right on the Wilderness map with the large desert area looks like it's untouched, so my bet is that there's lots of ore over there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users