Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Nationality:American

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

Looks like I can connect fine! Logged in for a bit. Question: Is there a whitelist set up yet? I'm somewhat worried about random people finding this and running potentially malicious programs and commands.

There already looks to be some "griefing" on Rootbrew's cabin, though I have no idea if that's just a joke I'm unaware of or something.

There used to be something here..

#42 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Looks like I can connect fine! Logged in for a bit. Question: Is there a whitelist set up yet? I'm somewhat worried about random people finding this and running potentially malicious programs and commands.

There already looks to be some "griefing" on Rootbrew's cabin, though I have no idea if that's just a joke I'm unaware of or something.

Keep in mind that whatever is setup is temporary. So to anyone that freaks out about griefing just remember that it doesn't matter that much. This isn't an invitation to go grief loads of stuff, just don't be alarmed by it. :P (Also note: I don't have any authority on this subject, I am just fairly certain this is exactly what Stacy would say)

Honestly I think it would be fun to go around blowing stuff up though. Hehe, imagine Rosexual's garden in flames. Speaking of which, where is Rosexual?

Or Renic's hideaway covered in lava. 

Oh and I forgot to say to ignore Bungee, Stacy. I doubt we'll be needing anything like that. When does the donation stuff go live? When can we begin throwing moneybags at you? What are the monthly costs?

Edit: And I'm not that awesome, I really put minimal effort into reading about maybe 3-4 paragraphs of stuff to get a glimpse of what you might need. You're the awesome one. :P

Further Edits...:

You. Are. Awesome.

I've been staring at plugins this afternoon, trying to figure out which ones we'll need and what's important and what's not. I want to keep us as vanilla as possible, like we have been so far. I need to figure out how to do whitelisting too, because right now our server is just fully open.

I'll be working on it again a bit tomorrow.  :)

Now I only have experience with pure vanilla servers, but to my understanding you need to go into the server properties file and enable the whitelist. I'm assuming it will make a whitelist the next time you launch the server, not sure though. Then you can simply add in Minecraft names to it. 
This may be ENTIRELY different for Bukkit/Spigot servers however.

Brownie points for whoever finds the hidden message.

Smile! :)

#43 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, I'm not worried about griefing per se (we're not even on SG6 yet!), more about the potential for messed up permissions files. If operator privileges were accidentally given to everyone, some un-whitelisted idiot could delete a bunch of stuff.

BRB, out to... mow... Renic's lawn

#44 srm86

srm86
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, there is no whitelist set up at present. I'm still trying to figure out how to make that work. Bear with me. :)

Ray said that he used a whitelist plugin, so I'm trying to determine if that's necessary for us now or if we can simply use the default whitelist stuff.

#45 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, there is no whitelist set up at present. I'm still trying to figure out how to make that work. Bear with me. :)

Ray said that he used a whitelist plugin, so I'm trying to determine if that's necessary for us now or if we can simply use the default whitelist stuff.

I think it may have been a leftover remnant from when Limbo was an actual place that avocados were sent. (Formerly spinach people)

I don't think there's any reason to have anything but the normal whitelist shenanigans? Maybe if you want those cool rank colors? I don't know if that's essential, much as I love to identify my various foods. Speaking of which, you are the second tomato. All hail the second tomato. 

#46 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

YEAH! ALL HAIL!

Well, to be frank, I couldn't get the default whitelist to work so I installed a plugin and the whitelist is working swimmingly so it appears. Now to just add everybody to it....

Annnnnd everybody should be added to it now. If you cannot connect for some reason, let me know and I will smash things until it works! We are simply using the old whitelist at this point. No new people have been added yet.

#47 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

Keep in mind that whatever is setup is temporary. So to anyone that freaks out about griefing just remember that it doesn't matter that much. This isn't an invitation to go grief loads of stuff, just don't be alarmed by it. :P (Also note: I don't have any authority on this subject, I am just fairly certain this is exactly what Stacy would say)

Honestly I think it would be fun to go around blowing stuff up though. Hehe, imagine Rosexual's garden in flames. Speaking of which, where is Rosexual?

Or Renic's hideaway covered in lava. 

Oh and I forgot to say to ignore Bungee, Stacy. I doubt we'll be needing anything like that. When does the donation stuff go live? When can we begin throwing moneybags at you? What are the monthly costs?

Edit: And I'm not that awesome, I really put minimal effort into reading about maybe 3-4 paragraphs of stuff to get a glimpse of what you might need. You're the awesome one. :P

Further Edits...:

You. Are. Awesome.

I've been staring at plugins this afternoon, trying to figure out which ones we'll need and what's important and what's not. I want to keep us as vanilla as possible, like we have been so far. I need to figure out how to do whitelisting too, because right now our server is just fully open.

I'll be working on it again a bit tomorrow.  :)

Now I only have experience with pure vanilla servers, but to my understanding you need to go into the server properties file and enable the whitelist. I'm assuming it will make a whitelist the next time you launch the server, not sure though. Then you can simply add in Minecraft names to it. 
This may be ENTIRELY different for Bukkit/Spigot servers however.

Brownie points for whoever finds the hidden message.

I just realized I forgot to answer this:

At this point, the server is only $15/mo. Donations won't go live until I actually get the server 100% operational. $15/mo isn't a huge cost, but I'd really appreciate any help I can get for it.

#48 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

-snip-

At this point, the server is only $15/mo. Donations won't go live until I actually get the server 100% operational. $15/mo isn't a huge cost, but I'd really appreciate any help I can get for it.

obama-not-bad.jpg

The fireworks just started. I must go coddle my dog. :(

#49 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

Well, to be frank, I couldn't get the default whitelist to work so I installed a plugin and the whitelist is working swimmingly so it appears. Now to just add everybody to it....

Annnnnd everybody should be added to it now. If you cannot connect for some reason, let me know and I will smash things until it works! We are simply using the old whitelist at this point. No new people have been added yet.

I'm not on the Whitelist :(

Stacy doesn't want me on her lawn. :(

<Profound statement>

#50 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'm not on the Whitelist :(

Stacy doesn't want me on her lawn. :(

How bizarre. You are on the whitelist. Serlin3 had the same issue. I've updated the whitelist again. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Scratch that. Figured out the problem. It should work now. Ugh. Let me know if it doesn't.

#51 GarrikP

GarrikP
  • Veteran
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,042 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Nationality:US

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

Worked!

I picked up the chicken poop

<Profound statement>

#52 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Perfect. I'll be sure to leave more poo around for you.

My priority right now is getting plugins up and running, then getting the world running. I'm hoping to get the old world running without any issues but I can't guarantee that. Steep learning curve and all that. Thanks everybody for their patience! :)

#53 stophix

stophix
  • Pip
  • Established
  • Log

• 118 posts
  • LocationUtopia
  • Nationality:Swiss

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the effort to make this happen so fast!

Albert, mein Freund

ich wünscht es gäb nen Ort

es gäb nen Ort mit zwei Charlotten dort

ein jeder von uns nicht allein

und endlich wieder Freunde sein

#54 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

An action shot of the real new SixtyGig admin.

Nothing ruins a game faster for a kid then conscripting him to test server stuff for you. Hahaha.

#55 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Alright, looks like I've found replacements for every plugin except mChatSuite. Though I'm not really seeing a purpose for mChatSuite, so I'm not worried about it for now. I'm working on setting up all of the configurations for each individual plugin. The most daunting one being the DeathMessages.

After I've got plugins all hunky dory, I'm going to see how/if I can connect the map.

As always, if you notice anything amiss, let me know!

#56 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

Was MChatSuite for colored names, perhaps? If so, you could use something like this: https://www.spigotmc...rated-api.3724/

Looks like this relies on PermissionsEx, don't know if you have a different perms system in place. :)

Thank you so much for your work on this! It is highly appreciated.

#57 Serlin3

Serlin3
  • Pip
  • Log

• 156 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB
  • Nationality:Canadian

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

I've been playing around on the server the last couple days, logging in, and making a temporary shelter...but noticed today that I can't interact with the world anymore...game just notes I don't have permission anytime I try to do anything.  Can't dig, build or harvest anymore; can only log in and move/look around.

NM - I just saw Stacy's shout about new plugins, etc.  That's probably it.

Going camping for a few days.  Later gators.

#58 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

Damn. I'm fairly certain that's the Permissions plugin. I got it installed last night but I didn't have time to get everything set up correctly. It's one of the first things on my to do list though. Thanks for hanging in there folks!

#59 torcido

torcido
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran
  • Torch

• 762 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

I can log in as well.  Nice player menu.  Didn't notice any problems.  I don't have permission to build anywhere, but I assume that for me it's a case of WAD, not a bug.

Posted Image

#60 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

I can log in as well.  Nice player menu.  Didn't notice any problems.  I don't have permission to build anywhere, but I assume that for me it's a case of WAD, not a bug.

I have no idea what WAD means. It is totally flying over my head. The permissions thing is my bad. I installed the plugin last night and assumed it'd give everybody just like, regular building permissions. It does not. I'm working on the permissions though as we speak! Well, as soon as my son is cooking supper anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users