• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

*massages Stacy's brain*

Awww yisssss, very good, very good...

I'm not gonna be able to do much with the server tonight or tomorrow (Wed and Thurs are packed more than the usual) but hopefully this weekend I can tackle the stupidity that is the DeathMessages issue and get our old map up and running.

#83 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Nationality:American

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

I am sorry I can't do any proper troubleshooting for you Stacy. Best of luck though! (much as I love the custom death messages I do not think anyone will sorely miss it if it doesn't make it)
Smile! :)

#84 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

I am sorry I can't do any proper troubleshooting for you Stacy. Best of luck though! (much as I love the custom death messages I do not think anyone will sorely miss it if it doesn't make it)

You're probably right. And if it comes down to it, I may scrap it for now and deal with it at a later time but I'm trying to ease the transition for everybody and I feel like death messages is one of those silly things that is familiar. haha

#85 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

Success! Death messages are fully functional. If you notice any errors (for instance, it displays %victim% instead of the victim's name), please let me know so I can fix it.

#86 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Success! Death messages are fully functional. If you notice any errors (for instance, it displays %victim% instead of the victim's name), please let me know so I can fix it.

Awesome! Thanks. What ended up being the issue?
There used to be something here..

#87 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Awesome! Thanks. What ended up being the issue?

Cross compatibility. I ended up using a different plugin which is very basic and it's worked swimmingly.

#88 Likliksnek

Likliksnek
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 252 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany
  • Nationality:German

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

Yay! Awesome job Stacy :)

#89 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

If I'm looking at everything correctly, we're almost ready to 'officially' launch with the stable, permanent (or as permanent as possible) maps.

What we'll be trying out:

Map 1 - Beauty map. This will be where you spawn in at. This is where you'll build cities, build permanent homes, etc. This is where things will try to stay as pretty as possible and be mainly for aesthetic purposes. Same rules as before. Don't make too much of a mess. Don't resource gather, etc.

Map 2 - Survival map. This will be like the Wilds, but a little different. People who want to play survival and get to "end game" and focus on the survival aspect rather than the building aspect are going to find their homes here. This map will be reset every 3-6 months, depending on how much use it gets. Resets will be announced a week in advance.

The rest of the maps will be just like on the "old" SixtyGig. The End will not be reset monthly. The Nether will be reset monthly.

I will be shutting SixtyGig down probably later on this week (depending on what my work schedule allows) and getting the final maps set up and everything, so please be prepared for this.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

#90 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

On previous maps, we've had big plans for a city, etc. Are we doing the same sort of thing? :)

#91 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Ooooooh! Its happening! 😊

GVFbI3L.gif
Smile! :)

#92 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

On previous maps, we've had big plans for a city, etc. Are we doing the same sort of thing? :)

That would be awesome, but that would be up to the players - not me!

#93 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

Attention: The server will be down on Saturday to implement the new maps.

#94 HybridGenetiX

HybridGenetiX
  • Pip
  • Inactive
  • Log

• 185 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Soon as everything is up and running....1.9! Yay

#95 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Soon as everything is up and running....1.9! Yay

-.-

On the plus side, we're on Spigot now so it should be an easier upgrade.

simon asked:
One question. Is there a rules post pinned for the news maps? (and should all the old pinned posts be unpinned if not needed to keep things easy for the new maps? I am sure there are more important tasks as per getting maps setup - I just wanted to flag this in case you'd missed it what with being overwhelmed and all

and Blue asked:
Thanks Stacy! What size are you planning on? Also any plans for portals? Thanks so much for picking up the server and managing everything.

and Are SixtyCity rules going to stay the same (like no big projects within a radius of the middle)?

Simon: The rules for "Old SixtyGig" and "New SixtyGig" shouldn't be changing much, if at all. Frankly, I haven't taken a look at our old rules and haven't actually gotten around to determining if they actually need updated. If somebody wants to work on that project and PM me new/updated rules, I would love that.

Blue: Our old map was 10,000x10,000 I think, so I'm going to try to do 7,500x7,500 to start. If it needs to be bigger, I can always adjust the border. Once the server is up, I'm going to ask that you all set up 'mock' portals where you want the portals to be in the spawn and around the map. I'd like a similar system as before (spaced out portals), but I'm going to let you guys determine where exactly those will be, unless anybody sees a particular problem with that.

#96 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Sounds good! One more question (I know, I know... :P): is Dynmap set up? If so, how can we access it?

#97 srm86

srm86
  • Admin
  • SixtyGig Admin

• 1,557 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

I won't even know how to set up Dynmap until after I get the actual maps set up. (I love the questions! It reminds me of things I need to work on!)

#98 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Okay! I set up Dynmap on a local host once, while testing to see if a spigot server would work, so let me know if you run into any issues. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users