Photo

Java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host...help

connection error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NJBattleAxe

NJBattleAxe
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 52 posts
  • LocationPoint Pleasant, NJ
  • Nationality:American

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

Java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

this is the error I get after being kicked from the server

I had this problem with the original server...now its really bad.  I get kicked out within a few minutes.  This is what i've tried so far:

updating and reinstalling Java

deleting temporary folders in Java

allowed access through the firewall

I called my ISP and had them raise my Mpbs to a 5-7.  

connected directly to my router via lan wire

the only thing I have tried was to delete MC all together and reinstall... thats next

any thoughts.  I've been on the MC forums and have tried some suggestions.  It's possible its a latency issue and i'm being kicked off because the server regards my Mpbs as too low.

One thing I also notice.  When my son is connected to his Xbox and I get kicked he gets kicked as well.  Today I am playing with no others connected to the internet and this is still happening.

So....what do you all think is going on?  It's to the point where I can't play on this server.  I will also try a different server and see if I have any issues.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Vicki

#2 EZWoodworker

EZWoodworker
  • Established
  • Tree Puncher

• 88 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

I'd think that since both you and your son are getting kicked off at the same time, that the issue is with the ISP.  H=It might pay to have them check it out.

#3 NJBattleAxe

NJBattleAxe
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Thank you EZWOODWORKER.  I'll call verizon today.  I just reinstalled MC.  I was able to play for about 20 minutes then it started happening again.

#4 NJBattleAxe

NJBattleAxe
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Just got off the phone with my ISP.  No luck...they said they tested my system and its running perfectly.  The only thin the had to offer was that i shut off as many wireless devices as possible and see if that helps.  I also tried a different server and the same thing is happening.  

#5 Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,091 posts
  • LocationUK & much further East
  • Nationality:British

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Input/Output error. Probably not so much a matter of speed, rather latency ie how long your data takes to get to the server and vice-versa.

Try:

Restart your modem/router

Try a different modem/router. Borrow from a friend/neighbour perhaps.

Good luck.

I Never Ever Nether ™

Read the 60Gig FAQ!

#6 NJBattleAxe

NJBattleAxe
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Thank you Marko

#7 Blue_Dragon360

Blue_Dragon360
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Seasoned
  • Stone Pickaxe

• 1,028 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

What Marko said. Also, if you want to test latency:
Open CMD (win+r, type cmd, enter)
Type "ping <server ip here>" without quotes or brackets
It will begin sending and receiving data, and will continue until you close the window. Under each entry, it'll show "<number> ms", you can post that number here and we can see how bad it is.

You can also test URLs, just type a Web address instead of the IP.

Hope this helps!
There used to be something here..

#8 NJBattleAxe

NJBattleAxe
  • Inactive
  • Tree Puncher

• 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

Thank you BD.  And again thank you for all the suggestions.  I was able to fix it.  It seems it was a latency problem on my end.   The server was kicking me off because I was affecting the game.  I had too many devices running . I asked the Verizon tech team about that and if 5 Directv systems would slow me down they seem to think it would NOT be a problem but they had no real answer for me.  I told them I could have on the average of 10 devices connected at one time including the Directv system.  The answer I got was "it's Possible". I asked them to advise me on disconnecting my directv (satellite system) temporarily so i could see.  I figure these people are the "experts" and since I get my Directv through them they might have an Idea.  Nope---clueless.  So I hung up and decided to give it a try on my own.  I expected that I would lose service if I disconnected the internet connection to all the TVs and if this worked I would probably only be able to play MC if all the TVs were disconnected from the internet.  It worked! I've been playing with no problems so far...the weird thing is my tvs are fine disconnected from the internet.   I don't even know why they need to be connected.  Maybe to download a movie(which i haven't been able to do because the connection is so slow....that's another rant for another time) or update?  I really, really, really dislike DSL.....i want my Fios!

#9 Schematix

Schematix
  • PipPip
  • Established
  • Plank

• 241 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

My father recently ran into an issue with DirecTV and internet. Comcast limits our total upload and download on a per month basis and begins charging if we exceed the limit. My sister and brother are on vacation away from home as well as myself. So my Dad decided to figure out what was gobbling up the internet even though all of our computers were shut off. Turns out that the DirecTV being connected to the wifi was just causing it to do stupid stuff, no idea why. We disconnected the DirecTV and now its all better.
Smile! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users